KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

7 minutes ago, maltocs said:

After deflowering her, he apparently feels some sort of unhealthy special attachment. The doctor says it will fade with time.

But will it? Will it really?? Time is of the essence I fear, bring out your guns and neighbors and make haste! He could be performing vile and heinous acts with your betrothed while we chat away idly on the forum.

Edited by Nils
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Sorry haven't been too active here.  I just got my 16X yesterday and took it out for a spin...  Here is what I noticed and learned.

What ever tire they change from the pre-production is causing some change in the riding behavior of the wheel.  

First thing I noticed was the wheel came with 30 psi, i lowed it to 20 psi like I had on the preproduction.  Someone else in the NYC group said they noticed that it had the weird gyro feel of the Z10, I thought it was the tire pressure and dismissed it before I had a chance to ride mine.  When I took mine out for a spin, I can confirm the weird gyro feel was there.  For those that haven't ridden the Z10, the gyro feeling is the unit refusing to lean and wanting to stay upright.  Also with the gyro feel, it turns differently at different speeds kind of like a motorcycle.  Below X speed, you can turn on a dime, above X speed, unit refuses to lean.  This is why I hated the Z10.  But some people love the Z10.  The V10F sometimes had this feeling where it refused to lean.  I learned in the V10F you have to lean more of a diagonal in turns to get it to lean.  I also noticed when going over uneven surfaces, the tire tracked the unevenness.  Very unnerving.  I'm guessing it is the side walls catching the irregularities and pulling the wheel one way then again to the other side when it hits another area of the surface.  Not a good first impression as I was expecting the same feeling of the pre-production wheel, not for the wheel to feel like a Z10 which I absolutely hated.

I tried again to adjust to the feeling.  Rolling slowly in the 16X had this weird slow wobble feeling also. 

I only rode it for 10-15 minutes, gave up.  Concluded that the only difference between the preproduction and the production is the change in the tire.  So now I know that the Z10 gyro feel is strictly from the tire and nothing else.  Initially I thought it might be how they recessed the battery and offset the motor.  NOT the case as experience in the 16X production.

5 hours later, came back and tried to ride again, lowered tire pressure a little bit more to 18psi and went for another run.  This time it felt a little bit better.   Not sure if my brain adjusted a little to it.  Still couldn't turn initially.  But then I tried a slightly wider riding stance, not anything extreme, but just not hugging the wheel.  Also in the turns I had to commit a little more and hang out away from the usual center of gravity over all the other wheels that have the regular non gyro behavior.  This was uncomfortable in the beginning until I trusted and felt the limit of how far out I can hang.  At the end of the 15 minute session, I was pretty comfortable with the wheel.  I can't say I like it yet. 

I prefer the non-gyro wheel feel.  I'll be changing the tire to achieve that.  

no wonder its fighting you on turns if your tire is flat.. why do you ride it with such a crazy low PSI if you dont like a wheel feeling hard to turn.. the higher the PSI the easier to turn and more nimble/less stable it will be why not have it at 50 PSI

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, maltocs said:

After deflowering her, he apparently feels some sort of unhealthy special attachment. The doctor says it will fade with time.

When will you get the wheel back and start enjoy the Super Long Fast ride?

PQ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nils said:

But will it? Will it really?? Time is of the essence I fear, bring out your guns and neighbors and make haste! He could be performing vile and heinous acts with your betrothed while we chat away idly on the forum.

Please stop, I can't un-see those visuals that you have put in my head. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peter Q said:

When will you get the wheel back and start enjoy the Super Long Fast ride?

PQ

I'm still waiting for the charger from China which should be arriving today if the DHL gods shine upon me. Maybe sometime next week after a few more tests with a properly charged unit.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You know the answer, you just don't like it:ph34r:

At least you got a less ugly yellow stripe instead of green. Why are these stripes there???

LOL.

Isn't the stripe there so you can tell if it's new or not? (Just guessing)

41 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

no wonder its fighting you on turns if your tire is flat.. why do you ride it with such a crazy low PSI if you dont like a wheel feeling hard to turn.. the higher the PSI the easier to turn and more nimble/less stable it will be why not have it at 50 PSI

I didn’t say fighting me on turns.  I said fights me on leaning.  It has a gyro effect generated by the tire.  Like the Z10 if you ever tried that.  I like low pressure.  Give me better control.  Higher pressure allows for easier lower speed turns but lose high speed stability.  

22 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

LOL.

Isn't the stripe there so you can tell if it's new or not? (Just guessing)

It is actually a machine code that can be read by machines and it is used to determine certain things. It is also used later in the warehouse for the assignment, because nobody reads the flanks.

But it's actually several stripes. I think the Chinese saw it somewhere, but they didn't understand the meaning and just make a single stripe in random colors.  :roflmao:

Edited by buell47
  • Upvote 1

Hello everyone,

I'm a student and I wanted the KS16X to be my first wheel, it's quite an investment but I needed a better mean of transportation.

This thread has got me really worried, should I just cancel my order and get something else ? I really can't afford to waste 2k

24 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I didn’t say fighting me on turns.  I said fights me on leaning.  It has a gyro effect generated by the tire.  Like the Z10 if you ever tried that.  I like low pressure.  Give me better control.  Higher pressure allows for easier lower speed turns but lose high speed stability.  

hmm, aren't you leaning to turn O.o I haven't ever ridden the z10 no, I have no interest in that.. I have never tried riding anything below 40 psi.. personally I don't want more stability.. to me the 2.125 tires on the tesla and gt16 for example feel perfectly stable at 45+ kmph and 50 PSI.. only time I felt any sort of gyro effect was on the mten3 funny enough, such a tiny wheel but the wide and flat tire really fights you.. I also hate that feeling.. from what I've seen of the nikola it doesn't feel like that at all.. we'll see whenever mine gets here but I'd swap out the tire if it did

17 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

hmm, aren't you leaning to turn O.o I haven't ever ridden the z10 no, I have no interest in that.. I have never tried riding anything below 40 psi..

Apples and oranges. As I stated the KS16X at 40 psi takes bumps smoother than the Z10 at 22 psi. That tubeless tire is rock solid.

37 minutes ago, buell47 said:

But it's actually several stripes. I think the Chinese saw it somewhere, but they didn't understand the meaning and just make a single stripe in random colors.  :roflmao:

Like car tuners. They spotted something on a race car and try to replicate it on their street car, without understanding it and therefore getting it completely wrong :D 

I went for a quick ride with tire set at 43 psi. Making sharp turn is a delight but, trying to stay straight is a hard task. It’s stay straight for 10 - 30 feet and then it want to swerve and I have to fight it back on line. Turning at speed feel like it wants to buckle and at the same time erect itself. Weird. If next weeks update doesn’t smooth out this feeling, I’m going to suspect it’s a defective gyro. 

Also note: I’m running V1.01 I didn’t want to update to V1.02 until I knew it was ok. V1.02 say “test 16X’. Some have already done this update. Maybe I’ll try to it tomorrow. 

Edited by Daniel-Son

Just now, Daniel-Son said:

Also note: I’m running V1.01 I didn’t want to update to V1.02 until I knew it was ok. V1.02 say “test 16X’. Some have already done this update. Maybe I’ll try to it tomorrow. 

I'm running 1.0.2. Never used anything else.

I don't see how swerving left-right would be a gyro issue. The gyro only manages front-back. It's impossible for the wheel to tilt you left-right, since it only has control over front-back. Front-back oscillations, pedals not levelling, tiltback, pedal drops, that's all wheel/electronics/gyro/... related. Left-right movement? Don't think so.

2 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I'm running 1.0.2. Never used anything else.

I don't see how swerving left-right would be a gyro issue. The gyro only manages front-back. It's impossible for the wheel to tilt you left-right, since it only has control over front-back. Front-back oscillations, pedals not levelling, tiltback, pedal drops, that's all wheel/electronics/gyro/... related. Left-right movement? Don't think so.

It’s a strong sensation and it’s hard for me to think that’s from the tire but who knows I don’t.

56 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

@eddiemoy @houseofjob what tire was on the pre production model.

This one below is the preprod 16X tire

But quite honestly, to me personally, it doesn't hold a candle to the Nikola stock tire in terms of shock absorption.

The below CYT is ver much like the Kenda's they've been putting on the 18XL I believe, just ok, nothing special.

lMNS2Os.jpg2fL5P1G.jpgI2k7ETq.jpgR9eBp5V.jpgfsCmZpq.jpg

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1