5 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

The pedal angle is so steep that everyone omits it because it is ridiculously steep. Most also don't mention it because it can be easily filed down to make it flatter.

thanks, i suppose every "test rider" told this to GW , so maybe they'll adjust it for us......maybe :)

16 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

The pedal angle is so steep that everyone omits it because it is ridiculously steep. Most also don't mention it because it can be easily filed down to make it flatter.

Don't file the pedals!

... until you ride it for at least 30 minutes. The contact points between pedals and pedal arms need to wear-in, and often cause the pedal angle to decrease dramatically during the first bumpy ride. Removing material from new pedals could easily result in too little angle after they wear in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Don't file the pedals!

... until you ride it for at least 30 minutes. The contact points between pedals and pedal arms need to wear-in, and often cause the pedal angle to decrease dramatically during the first bumpy ride. Removing material from new pedals could easily result in too little angle after they wear in.

I am now liking the pedal angle makes the MSP more agile than its predecessors

3 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

I am now liking the pedal angle makes the MSP more agile than its predecessors

Afeez, I was wondering how you liked the name MST (M Super Torque) since the pro might not be the best name for the new wheel. Just a thought. Might pitch it to Gotway. Might be too late now but Gotway has the final say. I think MST might clear some confusion/disappointment when people wonder why its not faster than the MSX (100v)

39 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Afeez, I was wondering how you liked the name MST (M Super Torque) since the pro might not be the best name for the new wheel. Just a thought. Might pitch it to Gotway. Might be too late now but Gotway has the final say. I think MST might clear some confusion/disappointment when people wonder why its not faster than the MSX (100v)

"why are they calling this the pro why not just the torque edition along with the other 100v which would be the speed edition like the MCM4"

i got dibs on that name xD

19 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

why are they calling this the pro

If my memory serves me correctly @Afeez Kay suggested MSP instead of MSX V2 because this wheel wasn't exactly an MSX. Hence they called it the MSP because Afeez called it that before any tests were done so there was no way of knowing what the wheel would actually perform like.  **Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to spread false info.**

3 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Just thought I leave EUCO's review of the MSP here for those curious.

What's the point of the MSPro? If it rides the same as the MSX but is notably slower...

Maybe that new motor will do something for the upcoming bigger diameter wheel or maybe a smaller diameter wheel (Nikola Pro?).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What's the point of the MSPro? If it rides the same as the MSX but is notably slower...

It has noticeably more torque going up hills. If you lived in San Francisco or some other mountainous/hilly region, you'd be much better off with an MSPro over the MSX.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 2:42 AM, Flyboy10 said:

The pedal angle is so steep that everyone omits it because it is ridiculously steep.

@Afeez Kay briefly let me ride his MSP at the Winter Games in Brussels (for which many thanks! :) ), and I have to say the pedal angle wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. It felt stable and locked in. I've never ridden an MSX though, so I can't compare. 

Edited by Tazarinho
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tazarinho said:

It felt stable and locked in.

I concur. But try riding like that for 60 miles or over very bumpy terrain. I've never felt more secure on a wheel. But there's a reason why most cars don't have a 5-point harness, if you get my analogy.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

If my memory serves me correctly @Afeez Kay suggested MSP instead of MSX V2 because this wheel wasn't exactly an MSX. Hence they called it the MSP because Afeez called it that before any tests were done so there was no way of knowing what the wheel would actually perform like.  **Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to spread false info.**

Sure, the name MSX Pro was the original name, I suggested taking the ‘X’ out, so this is another variant of the MSuper series, mind you this was before I rode the wheel.

MST , T for Torque to get you out of corners faster, than a normal 100v, may be ideal.

I am not sure if Gotway gave a lot of thought into the naming scheme, they were probably just looking for something to call their new wheel. 

so MST is what I would suggest, but hey this is just my opinion based on my experience with the wheel.

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Mh ok the video didn't really say that, thanks.

I didn't watch the latest video here, but I saw a different one the other week where they had both a 100v MSX and a MSPro and were racing them up a hill side-by-side and the MSPro climbed way faster.

42 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

I didn't watch the latest video here, but I saw a different one the other week where they had both a 100v MSX and a MSPro and were racing them up a hill side-by-side and the MSPro climbed way faster.

Do you remember if it was the 1845 or 1230 wh MSX? Wheel weight seems to make a difference in my personal tests.

2 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I think it was this video. The guys he's talking to don't seem like the type that go half measures on their rides so I'd guess it would be the larger model.

I believe in this video they also compared against the MSX 84v, which would produce a much more noticable difference vs. the MSP.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

I think the MSP is a good upgrade from the 84v MSX

Kind of disagree, as I feel the difference isn’t worth the upgrade. It’s really not that much a difference, I was surprised..

• Like 2