12 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

I presume you did away with the ridge (the black painted portion running the length of the mounting surface) in my pic to get to the center portion of the pedal or did you just use a small grinding wheel and remove material from the center of the pedal contact point? 

If you need to lower your pedals, IMHO, it is Always better to Only remove material from the Pedal itself and make sure you do it in stages! If you attack the pedal hanger and end up removing Too much material, it's a big strip down job to replace the Hanger as opposed to replacing/altering the Pedals!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

If you need to lower your pedals, IMHO, it is Always better to Only remove material from the Pedal itself and make sure you do it in stages! If you attack the pedal hanger and end up removing Too much material, it's a big strip down job to replace the Hanger as opposed to replacing/altering the Pedals!!!

Yeah, I wouldn't consider removing material from the hanger.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

And be aware that making the pedals more even, will have a BIG impact on your leg angle, changing riding characteristics. ie: the wheel is looser on the legs.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 12:25 AM, RetroThruster said:

I haven't had time to lower my pedal yet, may I ask how you achieved this, I presume you did away with the ridge (the black painted portion running the length of the mounting surface) in my pic to get to the center portion of the pedal or did you just use a small grinding wheel and remove material from the center of the pedal contact point?  A pic would be awesome but a hassle I know:(

the amount of material to remove is so tiny, do it with small step and verify with a level,  i use a dremel with something like a "diamond point"

Edited by EMA
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, EMA said:

the amount of material to remove is so tiny, do it with small step and verify with a level,  i use a dremel with something like a "diamond point"

IMG_20200502_163305.jpg

Awesome, I have just the tool, I really appreciate it!!  I didn't want to remove that top ridge and the dremel worked well for the job, I really appreciate it and thanks for going thru the hassle of removing the pedal and taking the photo for me!!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

Nice wheel, noisy compared to my 16x, motor is a lot louder where the 16x is almost silent,

I never thought I would hear the day when a KingSong was more quite than a Gotway. :thumbup:

10 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

I'm in hard mode, I guess it's faster on top speed by a little,

No, it just makes the pedals stiffer. Try the softer mode. The soft mode on a Gotway is usually still quite hard. It might give you the illusion of more power. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Speaker grille! More info please! :)

i moved the buzzer from the inside, still not the final solution for high speed, the best option is to use the BT alarm with EUC/Darknessbot app

On 5/4/2020 at 8:17 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

Oh. And you foamed over the speakers then, seems handy for mud.

it's just a 5mm neoprene shield, it makes the speaker less louder but protect them ;)

Edited by EMA
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Your environment seems like a place I'd need a trolley handle still tho...

i am fine with that. prefer just to push it and it gives some break for legs. offroad riding is quite tiresome.
repeat several descends in a row and you will feel  your knees

btw the gaps around it let so much water and dirt inside!

• Like 3

Ok so I saw a gotway max pro getting ready to order it I don’t know if I should get the “high speed or high torque” version (High Speed *2000W*) (High Torque *2500W*) I’m feeling high speed but a lot of people say more power more speed. But the site says the high speed version has the capability of reaching 45-47mph but high torque would have a 7mph decrease not bad but I need some advice on what you guys think 

Site - https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-msx-pro-100v-1800wh-battery-2500w-motor/

40 minutes ago, Swyft-EUC said:

Ok so I saw a gotway max pro getting ready to order it I don’t know if I should get the “high speed or high torque” version (High Speed *2000W*) (High Torque *2500W*) I’m feeling high speed but a lot of people say more power more speed. But the site says the high speed version has the capability of reaching 45-47mph but high torque would have a 7mph decrease not bad but I need some advice on what you guys think 

Site - https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-msx-pro-100v-1800wh-battery-2500w-motor/

theres no advice needed really.... do you see yourself regularly needing speeds of 45 mph? thats bloody friggin fast on an euc lol most people would only ever do that in short bursts if its even possible.. unless youre literally riding down the highway every day with no wind lmao... but if you even think about going those speeds its always good to have a safety margin... 40 mph is still damn fast on one wheel though, high torque is probably much more useful for normal every day scenarios, i would say the geared to the teeth speed demons/adrenaline junkies should be the only ones who go for the high speed over high torque, its just not as practical as you may think... and if youre coming from a ninebot one even 30 mph would feel like youre riding on a bullet haha

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Aleksandr Dolgov said:

i ride it at slow speeds and offroad only, so torque is more important in my case.

i think they just install the motor from msx. if so, it is lighter and less power-hungry. you should get more range. 

yup.. its just a hybrid.. slightly more range at the same speeds yea, but only if you are city riding do i think it would be noticeable, stop and go... on a straight stretch they should be near identical.. however because its there people tend to go faster on higher speed models therefore getting worse range as speed is the number one factor for range

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swyft-EUC said:

it's simply your choise, but i suppose you're not familiar with 25-30 mph and more (coming from a ninebot E)...i guess msp could be better for you.

the power and the authority of it's motor is insane, it's more stable at high speed too

Edited by EMA
  • Like 3

How quiet is your MSP,  mine makes a low pitch whine constantly, it is not the fan I'm talking about, obviously more audible at lower speeds and not obnoxious but coming from a 16x that was silent, it's pretty noticeable.