On 1/15/2020 at 2:19 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Picture of the MSPro board from the post above:

B65FC66F-A7AC-43FB-BF10-37D6E3FF8635.jpe

Pictures of a 100V Nikola board, courtes

Also the capacitors are bigger (literally, and 1000 mF instead of 560).

I have confirmed that the caps in my 84v MSX are 100v 1000mF. So I have no idea what the above board is from. Hopefully not a 100v model!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shad0z said:

I only ever felt msx tiltback past 40-45kph, i actually really like this feature, it's extremely unappreciated.

So several people are saying the MSX has tiltback even when turned off?

I have never seen (whilst checking alarms via lift speeds) or felt any tiltback on mine, but then I havent actually measured it either. Maybe I will. Intrigued.

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

If you guys aren't following EUCO.us on instagram or youtube, you should. They received their MSP a couple days ago and testing is in progress. Get ready, the MSP has landed! Live unboxing Sunday Jan 26th at 2pm PST.

It's frustrating (for me) that Jason always seems to be the last to get new wheels :(

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

If you guys aren't following EUCO.us on instagram or youtube, you should. They received their MSP a couple days ago and testing is in progress. Get ready, the MSP has landed! Live unboxing Sunday Jan 26th at 2pm PST.

You mean they actually have the wheel but haven't unboxed it yet???

• Like 2

I thought everyone opened everything up  before the "unboxing video" so they could be prepared and know what the heck they are talking about. That's what I've always done. Wheels need to be charged up anyways, so you have to unbox it partially at least. ;)

Just now, Fuerte said:

I was trying to find the video on youtube and I didn't see anything, are they going to post later? I would love to see it.

They will post it. 

To clarify the results above, apparently the MSP was built for more torque and acceleration at the cost of top speed (which most will never hit)

• Like 3

Those pedals are very extreme, it appears, from my 100v MSX. I wonder if it is because Jason puts on the bigger Nikola pedals...I don't know enough to know if it makes a difference.

Jesus, that pedal angle. :-(

And here I am wishing you could get a high-end Gotway wheel that didn't have their already ridiculous pedal angles, and they go and make it /worse/?

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

To be fair though it's such a simple fix that if I were in the market for a Pro it wouldn't fuss me at all.

It took me all of 30 minutes to file my Nikola pedals to my liking. It only takes a small amount to change the angle significantly.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Planemo said:

To be fair though it's such a simple fix that if I were in the market for a Pro it wouldn't fuss me at all.

It took me all of 30 minutes to file my Nikola pedals to my liking. It only takes a small amount to change the angle significantly.

I fully agree, I did it on my MSX very soon after receiving. No problem for me either. The problem is that there are a lot of people that truly are fingerless when it comes to doing stuff like this. Many people don’t even own a file. A wild thought... would you let just anybody to file down the pedals on your wheel? ;)

Gotway needs to fix that angle. Simple as that. Every review on these demo models will tell them that.

Although, they will probably then go down to a 0˚ angle for the production model. Then since 97% of customers complain and they will start shipping regular MSX pedals to hundreds of customers... Sigh.

But if this is the worst ”MSProGate”, it’s not too bad, and they are upping their game! :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

To sum up the unboxing:

• two headlights are smaller but brighter. They also adjust brightness depending on speed much like the Nikola
  • the plastic shell is bigger slightly but the thin pad makes it the same thickness as the MSX with the big pad.
  • Speaker startup sound is the same as the Nikola. Speaker quality is great but exposed.
  • pedal angle is way extreme
  • the cutoff switch is not latching, so you have to hold it down. The seat also engages the cutoff switch so you cant ride seated with the standard seat.

I've never heard of a cutoff switch that is latching. Did you mean to say something else?

2 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

You may not have heard of it, but that's how I implemented my MSX mod and it works great. The choice is to use a momentary on/off or a toggle on/off switch. Both options work. I can push the switch once to engage the motor cut off, lift the wheel over a road block or carry up the stairs, and then push it again to disengage once you reach the destination. You can see when the switch is depressed (it's flush) and when it's off (it extends out so you can see it's off). It's a lot easier than trying to hold down the switch while lifting 50+ lbs of steel, rubber, and lithium ion.

But hey, it's a great workout. This is a picture of me doing a little strength building with the MSX. Notice I don't have to have my thumb on the switch while lifting with this method.

MSX-Cut-Off-Switch.jpg

All joking aside. I do think the toggle on/off option is better and that is how my mod works.

same for me, i had a toggle on/off, way more convenient ;)