Just now, RockyTop said:

I still have one of them. My daughter uses the MSuper V3+ that you sold me. 

nice :) glad to hear shes still going strong xD no problems with the board then i assume? i think i got it after that whole fiasco settled down

No problems at all. I have two of them. The one I got from you was three months newer than the one that I already had. I have put over 2,500 miles of heavy abuse on the one I had. @RetroThruster even put a half a mile on it and it is still going strong. Although Retro said it looks out dated :crying:He liked the way it rides :thumbup:

The one I got from you still looks new. (800 miles)  My daughter uses it. She is a lite weight that babies everything.  She said that she scratched it but you have to have good eyes and a magnifying glass to see it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received my MSP and one of my pedals is a little over an inch higher than the other, the lower one is flatter than the one in the above pic and my higher one seems about the same as the photo above, I can try to beat the high one down some but when I do, I have to give it a good whack to get it back up again.  If it's a matter of break in, if they both settle, I'll still be an inch higher on my right pedal:(  

1650003755_tWYTRhi-Imgur(1).thumb.jpg.b6fe7f35f5b352a75e66336bf3c42c30.jpg

Edited by RetroThruster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

I just received my MSP and one of my pedals is a little over an inch higher than the other, the lower one is flatter than the one in the above pic and my higher one seems about the same as the photo above, I can try to beat the high one down some but when I do, I have to give it a good whack to get it back up again.  If it's a matter of break in, if they both settle, I'll still be an inch higher on my right pedal:(  

Can you put both pedals in the up position, turn the wheel upside down, and confirm both are milled out along the contact edge?

That part of the pedal casting is not carefully machined, so it's subject to the wider tolerances of the casting process.

I also recommend riding it for at least 30mins before removing any material. New pedal wear-in is significant.

After you've stomped them down a few times, the contact surface will be evident- you can take the pedal off the wheel and remove material from that contact point (using sandpaper, a file, a demel, or whatever's handy).
Removing material is a one-way street. Take just a little off, reinstall pedal (no screws needed), stand on it and check, etc. If you remove too much there is no easy way to 'shim it up' again.
I recommend marking the surfaces with ink or paint before filing material away, as a clear visual indication of where you have and have not worked yet.

RMMDfrmSKdb9cWPcs27mycY4z7-X3Q2ZDS1MncSy

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

That part of the pedal casting is not carefully machined

It is on the ewheels supplied versions. Its milled out.

For everyone else, you are at the mercy of gotways Shitty Casting Lottery. Some pedals are fine, some are up, some are down. Some inbetween. Some settle, some dont. For everything else, theres Mr File. As I did with my Nikola pedals.

As an aside, my Z10 pedals have been perfect since day 1. No sticking, perfectly matched both sides, zero droop or 'bedding in' and no slop anywhere. So it can be done.

• Like 1

Looks like I'm just going to have to file that right side pedal down, not anything outside my ability just a little aggravating that I'm going to have to do it straight away, my biggest concern is the left pedal, if it settles, it'll be almost flat, it's already flatter looking than the one in the video pic above.

Before filling I’d investigate closely what exactly it is that causes the issue. The MSP pedals seem to often be very stiff to open, but if stomped on hard they will go down properly. In that case filling would only affect how low it will eventually go.

I think I’d remove the aluminum spacers first and check I’d the pedal will then go down all the way. If it does, file the spacer, not the pedal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

It is on the ewheels supplied versions. Its milled out.

For everyone else, you are at the mercy of gotways Shitty Casting Lottery. Some pedals are fine, some are up, some are down. Some inbetween. Some settle, some dont. For everything else, theres Mr File. As I did with my Nikola pedals.

As an aside, my Z10 pedals have been perfect since day 1. No sticking, perfectly matched both sides, zero droop or 'bedding in' and no slop anywhere. So it can be done.

Yeah, they are milled like you say, there is a ridge that runs along the top that will prevent the use of a flat file unless I remove that material as well, the pedals pictured above do not have this ridge making the use of a flat file easier.  I tried taking the spacers out as well and it makes no difference on pedal height. 

dg1pNmG.jpg

OnXU4AX.jpg

Edited by RetroThruster
  • Like 2

finally put some miles around the streets with this beast, this wheel is freacking awesome! 

what i do like more is that it's acts like a monster at high speeds, the wider motor plus the 1kg more mass makes an huge difference, the ability to go 50-60km/h and cruise at these speeds is amazing.

i've lowered the pedal angle at around 6 degrees, almost like the msx angle, i like it more ;)

https://euc.world/tour/586033061509278

Screenshot_2020-04-29-15-27-53-807_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Meserias said:

EMA: you will probably need to apply some % speed correction ....
70kmh it's inflated ... 7% less it's about right

I wouldn't touch any corrections. What you can see on speed chart is a GPS noise typical to densely populated cities, where radio signal is reflected by building walls etc. causing some glitches and inaccuracies. As I see there is only marginal difference in EUC-to-GPS distance (less than 300 meters on a 11 km tour) and EUC-to-GPS riding speed (less than 1 km/h). Gotway EUCs are reliable in terms of speed and distance precision.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Meserias said:

EMA: you will probably need to apply some % speed correction ....
70kmh it's inflated ... 7% less it's about right

it almost cut out, pedal dip ;) and as you can see gps speed say 65, i think it's correct.
i'm doing a mod on the buzzer becouse at high speed it's completely useless

Edited by EMA

3 minutes ago, Seba said:

I wouldn't touch any corrections. What you can see on speed chart is a GPS noise typical to densely populated cities, where radio signal is reflected by building walls etc. causing some glitches and inaccuracies. As I see there is only marginal difference in EUC-to-GPS distance (less than 300 meters on a 11 km tour) and EUC-to-GPS riding speed (less than 1 km/h). Gotway EUCs are reliable in terms of speed and distance precision.

agree

11 hours ago, EMA said:

finally put some miles around the streets with this beast, this wheel is freacking awesome! 

what i do like more is that it's acts like a monster at high speeds, the wider motor plus the 1kg more mass makes an huge difference, the ability to go 50-60km/h and cruise at these speeds is amazing.

i've lowered the pedal angle at around 6 degrees, almost like the msx angle, i like it more ;)

https://euc.world/tour/586033061509278

Screenshot_2020-04-29-15-27-53-807_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

I haven't had time to lower my pedal yet, may I ask how you achieved this, I presume you did away with the ridge (the black painted portion running the length of the mounting surface) in my pic to get to the center portion of the pedal or did you just use a small grinding wheel and remove material from the center of the pedal contact point?  A pic would be awesome but a hassle I know:(

Edited by RetroThruster