Has anyone heard of this variant? Is it a new official Gotway or an unofficial mod?

Either way, the specs look good!

https://eucservice.com/en/gotway-msuper-x/72-gotway-msuper-pro-1800wh-100v-21700-new-cells.html

New Msuper Pro Specifications:

1-19inch skid resistance Tire 
2-Double T6  head light  , Intelligent brightness
3-5w  strong heat sink fan  
4-35w BT music 
5-2500w motor
6-100v  1800wh  21700battery
7-Lift  up  switch
  • Like 3

Must start training horse stance - it looks even wider.

Don’t care too much for the double ingress points for the speakers, but the dual headlights are a nice addition. I just hope they are smart enough to allow switching between dual and single modes.

9E399947-9DF0-4CA1-81AB-0A688827F3AE.jpeg

8C050D3D-368F-4F96-9FD5-3DBC27435983.jpeg

5D8F779F-8263-4F91-8A4E-1B4C03C3CB1A.jpeg

• Like 3

TwentyFIVE hundred watt motor?  If true then this could be the world's first 50 mile-an-hour wheel. You'd probably need a decent tail wind and be going downhill, but somebody with full gear and a good life insurance policy might be crazy enough to try it.

I remember seeing the Black Friday post for these guys. Tempting prices, but it took something like 6 weeks to ship and payment was cash on delivery. I wonder if anyone actually placed an order, were they happy with what they got and did the COD process go smoothly?

Bluetooth music+cutoff switch are overdue but not unappreciated, it would be interesting to see how headlight compared to the 16x (arguably the best), my big question would be what kind of 21700 cells are these? Well that and obviously how well does it ride, especially are there any configuration issues like unwanted oscillation?

2500 watts though...I don't care if I would ever see the top speed at 25% more power to get me to, and even if the lack of gotway's firmware development. infrastructure arguably locks their wheels into forever being less lively to ride than any King song, it would be hard to imagine a 2500 watt wheel not being a blast to ride.

OK, enough talk. I just placed the order and with any luck I'll see for myself what this wheel is like at the end of next month.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Interesting cutoff switch design. It looks like they added a button next to the handle. 
Hope you’re right-handed!

That's exactly what I was going to do with my MSX, only use two switches A: to make it look symmetrical (I'm like that) and B: so you could use either hand to carry. I was going to put them a little lower though - where your thumb naturally rests when carrying.

I even bought the switches, which look the same as in the photo, but still haven't got round to fitting them because quite honestly I rarely need a lift switch!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I know I’m preaching to deaf ears here, because what I’m saying is boring but a bigger number is cool:

1) EUC motor wattage rating is for sustained power before the motor overheats. If you haven’t overheated a 2000W motor or overleaned at lower speeds, you have never been to the limit and hence you won’t notice a difference due to the motor wattage.

2) The maximum peak wattage of a ”2500W” motor can be 3500W or it can be 9000W. An upgrade from a 2000W to a 2500W motor can be anything between 0-100% marketing.

3) Since the details and definitions of the motor wattage measurement process are unknown, they can just change the definitions and call the same old 2000W motor a 2500W motor. This happens quite a bit, especially between manufacturers.

Will it accelerate faster? No. Fill it feel snappier? No. Will it go faster? Only if the control board is upgraded to make it go faster.

Look at the KingSong’s new 2200W motor. Wow, more power! No. Faceplants all over due to lack of power above 30mph. Even the 18XL turned weak at top speeds before they were able to tune in the firmware. And how does Gotway tune in the firmware...?

It doesn’t. At all. Ever.

I definitely hear your frustrations about the euc state of things. I think everybody who rides a wheel wishes things were better. 

While I agree with much of what you said, I also placed an order because hey, it's the MSX2! The MSX 84v is an awesome wheel, the 100 volt even better, and to me Gotway is on enough of a roll that I believe the 2500 watt pro version will be that much better still.

Is getting one essentially sight unseen a huge leap of faith? Absolutely. By the way, here is the official Facebook post I saw in my New York City riders group feed from user Fei Che Biao :

Big News: 

The long-awaited upgrade to the hugely popular GotWay MSuper X; 

We at Gotway are just as excited as you! With its excellent performance and reliability, the MSuper has won everyone's love and respect. 

It is now time to take the hugely popular MSuper to the next level! 

We give you the MSuper Pro! 

This time, Msuper Pro has a major upgrade!

1-19 inch skid resistance Tire

2- Double T6 head light , Intelligent brightness

3-Super heat sink fan

4- 35w BT music

5- 2500w motor

6-100v 1800wh 21700 battery

7- Lift up switch 

Official sale date: March 1, 2020 !!! 

I contacted Gotway directly about a month ago and Donald Gotway referred me directly to Fei Che Biao for further questions so this is definitely legit.

Predictions: Top speed of 47mph on flat ground, 40-42mph cruising speed without beeps, battery life at these speeds: about 20 minutes.:P

Okay granted battery life in the 40s will hopefully be a bit better than that, but I doubt I'll ever get a chance to know as I'll appreciate having the increased safety headroom when I'm cruising in between 25 and 35. Anything faster than 35 I'm going to feel like a test pilot on this wheel.

Bottom line is no one knows what this wheel is capable of, but I know I will definitely be surprised if it wasn't a noticeable step up, and I'm excited to see what it can do!

Edited by BecauseFun
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

So, MS.. MS... MSP? MSPro? SuperPro?

I have it in mind to call mine an MSXp, because it's kind of like an MSX sticking it's tongue out at every other wheel in its dust. :D

Edit: I will probably get lazy and drop the X soon enough and it will just be an MSP, but MSX2 also sounds right to me somehow.

Edited by BecauseFun

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I know I’m preaching to deaf ears here, because what I’m saying is boring but a bigger number is cool:

1) EUC motor wattage rating is for sustained power before the motor overheats. If you haven’t overheated a 2000W motor or overleaned at lower speeds, you have never been to the limit and hence you won’t notice a difference due to the motor wattage.

2) The maximum peak wattage of a ”2500W” motor can be 3500W or it can be 9000W. An upgrade from a 2000W to a 2500W motor can be anything between 0-100% marketing.

3) Since the details and definitions of the motor wattage measurement process are unknown, they can just change the definitions and call the same old 2000W motor a 2500W motor. This happens quite a bit, especially between manufacturers.

Will it accelerate faster? No. Fill it feel snappier? No. Will it go faster? Only if the control board is upgraded to make it go faster.

Look at the KingSong’s new 2200W motor. Wow, more power! No. Faceplants all over due to lack of power above 30mph. Even the 18XL turned weak at top speeds before they were able to tune in the firmware. And how does Gotway tune in the firmware...?

It doesn’t. At all. Ever.

You will feel it. Not sure where the logic is coming from. Every upgrade in motor power has been able to be felt. Why shouldn't this be too? 

• Like 2

My guess is that "MSPro" will be the final abbreviation people use. Or just "pro".

17 minutes ago, Fuerte said:

Jason McNeil? Ewheels? How do I post so that the person sees it?

Type @ and continue with the first few letters of the username. You'll get a dropdown to choose from. But I'm sure Jason was informed about this wheel before the general public was. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fuerte said:

Jason McNeil? Ewheels? How do I post so that the person sees it?

If it's about whether or not ewheels will carry this, it's hard to imagine that they won't. But he is usually pretty busy and the launch date isn't until March 1st which is 48 days away. And that could be the day they ship them from China if that date holds, so ewheels may not even see them until sometime in April.

However you are right to be thinking about Jason because especially with a first-run wheel like this there are bound to be issues, issues best handled by a more local supplier.

I would fully assume he will be, I just would be curious to hear his thoughts. I am sure he won't tell people to wait if they want to buy, but how much better will it be than my MSX 100V? Will it come with the bigger pedals, like his does on the current MSX's? What will the pricing be on the new one.

Edited by Fuerte

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

My guess is that "MSPro" will be the final abbreviation people use. 

Thanks, I think you're right and I'm upgrading my moniker to MSPro. (If only I hadn't waited so long to upgrade my ninebot eP+)