5 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I have been informed that the MS Pro may ship (US) in April.

It may ship in March as they say, or in April, it may ship in May, or may even ship in February, it may it may, but June is not out of the question. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Do you have any concrete info on that? Type of mosfets and casing? Etc?

The photos show ~50% bigger capacitors, but that alone means not much I think.

Notice the much beefier DC-to-DC converter??? According to Jason that's been a weak point.

• Like 2

I thought the new model would have the Nicola/ACM flat-sandpaper pedals. Maybe that would be retailer-specific.She's a beaut though! No doubt about it!:efeebb3acc:

..oh the speakers though, seem an obviously, laughably bad idea right? That's not just me who was like ..wha? Hahaha.

Edited by Hatchet
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Hatchet said:

oh the speakers though, seem an obviously, laughably bad idea right? That's not just me who was like ..wha? Hahaha.

I did message gotway on facebook about this. Looks like they are at least looking a putting a "mesh" cover over them. I think they have got a lot of questions about that and the cut off button with the seat.

Edited by scap
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cory Brown said:

Is it safe to assume that there are enough little changes to this wheel to be worried about first batch issues, or does having the MSX base make this a safer buy?

It's a similar jump to the previous MSV3 -> MSX.

(Did MSX first batch have issues?)

18 hours ago, scap said:

I did message gotway on facebook about this. Looks like they are at least looking a putting a "mesh" cover over them. I think they have got a lot of questions about that and the cut off button with the seat.

I'd at least try to move them to the top of the wheel on the slope in front of/behind the handle so they point up at you in a cone instead of directly outward.

Then you have the water issue with rain. Still, the tech exists, I see waterproof shower speakers on amazon, Gotway have access to this tech right? I'd really much rather no speakers than poorly-thought-out speakers I'd end up watching a 'how to fix' youtube video with @Marty Backe, ha. We'll see what they do, maybe it'll all be ok!:efefe00999:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cory Brown said:

Is it safe to assume that there are enough little changes to this wheel to be worried about first batch issues, or does having the MSX base make this a safer buy?

The jump to the stronger motor and 21700 batteries likely necessitates a new control board and firmware. There’s going to be more heat as well, with the dual headlights and potentially higher current draw with the new motor-battery combo. That’s a few too many possible failure points for my liking.

I’m waiting for Marty’s Overheat Hill and range tests, Kuji’s max acceleration, braking and jumping tests, and Chooch’s off-road durability test, before I order the MSP.

It’d be great to see Chris and Tishawn’s NYC maneuvering tests too, but I don’t know if they’re still videoing their rides much these days.

• Like 3

On 1/15/2020 at 3:19 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

The MSPro mosfet casings look different (smaller gap between them? They're further under the board). I wonder if they use different mosfets.

Also the capacitors are bigger (literally, and 1000 mF instead of 560).

I wonder if this means something.

Capacitors seems to be the same or very similar physical size. They have higher capacity, but lower rated voltage (100 V) because the wheel is 84 V. Capacitors in 100V Nikola are rated for 160 V. In theory, higher capacity means lower equivalent series resistance which is good, but in practice this is negligible for this case. MOSFETs are TO-247, probably the same as in other recent GW models. MOSFETs never were a weak point, as entire setup provide enormous load margin in terms of electric current. If TO-247 MOSFET failed, it was always a problem with lack of proper cooling or manufacturing faults (soldering errors etc.) IMO.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Cory Brown said:

100v board are basically the same, nikola, msx, monster ... solid stuff we are riding for a while

the battery too, nothing to worry about, specially when it's bigger

the real change in this wheel is the motor, it's bigger, so it could draw more amps when pushing ;)

16 hours ago, Cory Brown said:

I decided to take my chances rather than buy the current MSX 100V and already have my deposit in for one of the first ones. I will still be monitoring the reviews and youtube as I think the popular youtubers will likely get to ride the wheel before the rest of us. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scap said:

The MSP will be 100V according to the first post on this thread.

Then the pic of the board above either isnt an MSX Pro or GW are going to release an 84v Pro as well.

You dont run 100v capacitors on a 100v wheel.

Well spotted Seba.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

No. The MSX was probably the best launch that Gotway ever had. It's been a very solid wheel.

The very first MSXs had a strong 7 degree tiltback ”feature” that was supposed to give more stability at speed. But this was immediately removed/reduced. It could’ve been on pre-production demo units though, but I do remember at least three reports/reviews mentioning this.

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Unfortunately that's not a predictor for future releases. I’m afraid it's always a bit of a crap shoot with Gotway.

That I do agree with.... Best to buy from a reputable distributor if one has to get aboard with the first batch.

• Like 2

The 100V MSX at least at some point did have capacitors rated at 100V. Just one of those Gotwayisms I guess...

Edited by mrelwood

27 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Especially that 100 V is just simplification, in fact 24S battery reach 100.8 V when fully charged, may even reach 102 V and mor eduring longer regenerative charging. Electrolytic caps are very sensitive to overvoltage and vents..... pufffffff.... ! :)

I don't want to order one now, but if they always write "including TAX", does that mean that there are absolutely no more taxes to pay in Europe? That means inclusive of customs duty and sales tax.

Just now, buell47 said:

I don't want to order one now, but if they always write "including TAX", does that mean that there are absolutely no more taxes to pay in Europe? That means inclusive of customs duty and sales tax.

Correct. Just make sure to get it in print via the AliExpress messaging function.
So you just ask them... they answer and verify that there will be no additional costs.
To be on the safe side.

None of my friends who have ordered from Ali have ever had to pay any taxes or customs or similar.
My MSX came from Intelligent Walking Store and was sent from China.
Some of my friends got their wheels from the European stock.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike, you are right. I didn't think this was possible unless the shipments came from a European warehouse.

Here their answer for other interested people:

Hello dear. You don’t need pay any customs tax. We will pay the import sales tax. You don’t any other cost.

• Like 1