8 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Nope, I don’t have that one. That is actually the Nikola (and latest 18XL) tire. Compared to the MSX tire I agree completely with the term ”anti-slip” though. :lol:

I dunno bud. Sometimes I feel you do the stock MSX tyre a disservice. At least thats the way I and the other 5 fast MSX riders in my group feel as we all love the 5102 to bits. None of us feel the need to change it but then again we never ride mud and rarely ride when wet either. Both the H666 and Nikola tyres have a more aggressive tread pattern I grant you, and this would help with loose surfaces but for asphalt or other hard stuff we all really like the slicker 5102. A couple in our group are hardcore high speed carvers too.

None of us have had issues with grip levels.

Just another opinion thats all.

• Like 2

Help, when will I wake up from this nightmare? :cry2:

Like every evening for weeks I go to bed with full anticipation that Gotway 2020 will launch a faster wheel than my 16X that I like. Since I don't like the MSX 84V optically at all, and I also can't live with this shitty trolley handle, the missing kill-switch and Bluetooth music, I hoped that Gotway 2020 will bring out something new nice and fast. At least a MSX upgrade that is worth seeing.

Now I dream that I'm reading a thread here on the forums called Msuperpro. The eagerly awaited Gotway EUC for 2020 is a nightmarish MSX upgrade. :facepalm:

I hope I wake up soon from this nightmare and someone says to me that it was all just a dream, calm down. No manufacturer would want to embarrass himself with such a ridiculous upgrade. :crying:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

I dunno bud. Sometimes I feel you do the stock MSX tyre a disservice. At least thats the way I and the other 5 fast MSX riders in my group feel as we all love the 5102 to bits. None of us feel the need to change it but then again we never ride mud and rarely ride when wet either.

I may sometimes forget to mention that the bad grip for the original tire is indeed only an issue when wet. I’m not sure I would have searched for an upgrade myself if I didn’t do any off-roading. It’s a good dry street tire, but unlike other EUC tires, that’s where it ends quite steeply.

Then again, in the 18XL vs MSX comparison video from Kuji Rolls (part 1), he slipped and fell while cornering in a large garage. So it may not fare too well on dusty or sandy concrete either.

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

The eagerly awaited Gotway EUC for 2020 is a nightmarish MSX upgrade. :facepalm:

Well, there are two more in the pipeline from Gotway, so all hope is not lost, you may still sleep tight!

37 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Realy...no joke? Do you know a little bit more? :dribble:

No joke! I only wish I could remember which thread it was mentioned in, but I do remember that @Marty Backe commented on it as well. No more specs though than three new Gotway models in the pipeline for 2020, one of which is a 20-incher. I call it a Mini-Monster! (Knowing GW math though, it could be either an actual 20” tire or a ”20”” tire.) 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

Yes.. a 20 inch

That's bad news again, to big for mixed riding (on-/offroad) :(

53 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

and a smaller wheel

If smaller means, smaller like the MSX and at least a 16x3.0, but faster as my 16X, my hope is not gone. If smaller then 16X...no Gotway this year. :huh:

It is just fun to see what changes are coming, but I agree that EUC's don't change as rapidly as I think they could, but we are a VERY small customer base. I have never seen another EUC rider in the wild, and I have been riding for four years.

Picture of the MSPro board from the post above:

B65FC66F-A7AC-43FB-BF10-37D6E3FF8635.jpe

Pictures of a 100V Nikola board, courtesy of @EcoDrift. Not sure how many different 100V boards there are.

Monokoleso-Gotway-Nikola-Plus-11.jpg

Monokoleso-Gotway-Nikola-1800WH-21700cel

The MSPro mosfet casings look different (smaller gap between them? They're further under the board). I wonder if they use different mosfets.

Also the capacitors are bigger (literally, and 1000 mF instead of 560).

I wonder if this means something.

Here’s what Gotway says has been improved:

Msuper Pro details:
1. T6  24v double headlamp, fan cooling!
2. Bass loudspeaker!
3. Better motor column!
4. 24V powerful fan, external circulation!
5. Thickened customized motor!
6. Waterproof rubber strip!
7.Color interface, color differentiation !

Looks like they’ve implemented  a lot of user feedback!

Do the 2 head lights do anything special or is it just more light to blind people and not see where we are going? Does one point forward and the other point down like the 16X?

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Looks like they’ve implemented  a lot of user feedback!

Yes, but in a very bad DIY style. OMG!

The head light fan is nearly useless in my eyes and the way of mounting from the other fan makes me laughing. :roflmao:

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

Guys,

Is there any truth behind the MSX Pro and the Nik+ will produce 29 amps with its 4p battery packs using the LG batteries (7.3 amps per cell)?

Surely when you consider this to the existing MSX 100V 1230wh and the old NIK+ 1845wh its seems, on paper anyway, that the MSX Pro less powerful? I am not an expert by no means but the calculations add up right?

Are there any other factors to consider given this is will be GWs flagship performance wheel? 

Edited by kangzy

35 minutes ago, kangzy said:

Is there any truth behind the MSX Pro and the Nik+ will produce 29 amps with its 4p battery packs using the LG batteries (7.3 amps per cell)?

If 7.3 A is the cell rating, it can momentarily produce much more current.

I am not an expert by no means but the calculations add up right?

Nope. Leaving out crucial variables makes the calculations not work.

Are there any other factors to consider

There are. Duty cycle, controller capacitors’ capacitance, motor effectiveness, motor wiring capacity, and max controller output power, for example.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

If 7.3 A is the cell rating, it can momentarily produce much more current.

Nope. Leaving out crucial variables makes the calculations not work.

There are. Duty cycle, controller capacitors’ capacitance, motor effectiveness, motor wiring capacity, and max controller output power, for example.

Thanks for the reply. So how do we know that this unit is more powerful than its processors? very interested to hear