24 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I totally agree with Mike and others on this thread. The MSX/MSP does have a 'weird' design but its no better or worse than the problems other types of trolley handles can give you. You just need to understand that the msx handle is off-centre and you're sorted. I have never had my msx run away from me and with the greatest respect, if an 'unexpected' thing happens and you get 'distracted' enough to lose control of your euc whilst trollying at walking pace you probably shouldnt be riding an msx in the first place.

With that argument cars wouldn't have any safety equipment, because you are supposed to master it at all times. Shit happens, and then having equipment that defaults to less dangerous can make the difference. Claiming the MSX trolley is "no better or worse" than an 18XL trolley is just straight wrong. This isn't a matter of taste and color, its technical function. The centered position reduces possibility to run of on the side, the longer handle have a good grip where the stems have a better triangulation to guide the wheel. Locking in place enhances control. Being the same you grab at any time, handle or trolley simplifies operation. MSX trolley is cumbersome to grab and pull. GW doesn't have designers, they have engineers who knock out some CAD. No really, if an MSX trolley is "no better or worse" than an 18XL trolley then nothing means anything anymore.

Edited by null
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, null said:

With that argument cars wouldn't have any safety equipment, because you are supposed to master it at all times. Shit happens, and then having equipment that defaults to less dangerous can make the difference.

I agree to a point, but I think it needs to be put into perspective. A 40mph euc is inherently dangerous. If a user finds trollying it a difficulty, then I have to question if they have the capability to deal with an 'oh shit' moment at 40mph. Thats not a slight on any particular user, but the mechanics of one wheel moving at 40mph need to be understood by any rider wishing to do so with any modicum of safety. If the same rider cant understand the mechanics involved in an off-set trolley handle at walking speeds I have concerns.

Of course, if the trolley handle was that bad that moving the wheel anywhere would be akin to russian roulette I would understand, but I can only speak for myself and many others where its not a problem if you know what you're pushing and how.

5 minutes ago, null said:

Claiming the MSX trolley is "no better or worse" than an 18XL trolley is .. I can't find words..

I can find at least one word for you (as already mentioned by Mike)... 'seat'.

And dont start me on driver aids making the drivers themselves 'safer'. Every single one of these aids has come into play because of driver error, not because of autonomous, random or mechanical failure events.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jia Liu said:

My MSP handle hack, worked like a charm on my trail riding yesterday.

LOL did you butcher a poor Inmotion wheel to create that. 🤣

9 hours ago, Planemo said:

I totally agree with Mike and others on this thread. The MSX/MSP does have a 'weird' design but its no better or worse than the problems other types of trolley handles can give you. You just need to understand that the msx handle is off-centre and you're sorted. I have never had my msx run away from me and with the greatest respect, if an 'unexpected' thing happens and you get 'distracted' enough to lose control of your euc whilst trollying at walking pace you probably shouldnt be riding an msx in the first place.

Yeah ok dude, we can agree to disagree. 😁

Edited by Rawnei

• 2 months later...