True, though none are that compelling for me vs more battery capacity when I really think about it, and I can’t say I really need that anyway. Welp, looks like I’ll hold off deciding until we see the upcoming 20” or possible 126v Gotway. What’s a few more months wait if I’ve been holding out this far, lol.

On 2/26/2020 at 1:30 AM, RagingGrandpa said:

"MSPS"

Woah, MSP chassis with MSX motor? (Higher Kv lower Kt)

Not sure if this is the MSPS or another version "MSPX"

Edited by Alexutlang
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Russian and Polish guys, like @Seba :P all crazy!!! :D 

BUT WE LOVE THEM!

I'm not THAT crazy :) I prefer distance over speed :thumbup:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Typical Gotway build quality. Everything works, but you better not look closely at that mess. Some boards are screwed right into the plastic e.g. Maybe a revision 2 will be nicer.

The fan looks like a better quality model than the one in the Nikola. In the EcoDrift video, at about 15:35, the guy does some "snap leans" where he tilts forward hard, and the wheel lets out an odd noise. Maybe it's trying to beep?

Edited by erk1024

14 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

In the EcoDrift video, at about 15:35, the guy does some "snap leans" where he tilts forward hard, and the wheel lets out an odd noise. Maybe it's trying to beep?

Its the motor motor crunching. When overleaned, the magnets tends to "skip" the positions which are causing this switch sound.

Edited by WaveCut
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

So does this mean we can ride the MSP through puddles?

I truly hope that people understand that the ”waterproofing” of the MSP does absolutely nothing when the wheel is sinked in water. They were pouring water out from the control cavity vent holes for goodness sake! Beats me how on earth the wheel was still functioning.

When are we getting the rest of the subtitles?

I’ll keep refreshing, as I only watched a few glimpses from the rest of the video. Including uphill races that would make Michael Jackson envious. Those Russians are indeed one crazy bunch!

Are all other videos going to look a bit tame from now on?

Yes they are!

Unless the Inmotion V15 survives in Russian hands long enough for them to figure out even crazier stuff with the suspension...

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

So does this mean we can ride the MSP through puddles?

When are we getting the rest of the subtitles?

Are all other videos going to look a bit tame from now on?

Use auto-translate

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I truly hope that people understand that the ”waterproofing” of the MSP does absolutely nothing when the wheel is sinked in water. They were pouring water out from the control cavity vent holes for goodness sake! Beats me how on earth the wheel was still functioning.

I’ll keep refreshing, as I only watched a few glimpses from the rest of the video. Including uphill races that would make Michael Jackson envious. Those Russians are indeed one crazy bunch!

Yes they are!

Unless the Inmotion V15 survives in Russian hands long enough for them to figure out even crazier stuff with the suspension...

I wonder. The side panels on the Pro do have gaskets and the vent holes are rather small and there may not be much of a water path beyond the front to rear vent holes.

So maybe this is real (they didn't add additional water proofing)?

Amazing footage though of that coming out of the water.

Awesome, and they didn't even put in a "Don't try this at home" disclaimer.  Is Jason getting worried he is going to get more wheels returned for repair :)

Nice video, covers the facts, and does it with a bit of fun.  We do miss out on the "inappropriate" Russian joke.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

So maybe this is real (they didn't add additional water proofing)?

I seriously doubt it. They showed the entire tear down and they were thorough. Even took apart the motor to analyze the windings. It would be more informative if we had some good English translation though.

I'd bet my paycheck (I'm still working for one :P) that it didn't even have the batteries or controller in there. It was probably just the shell and they did some kind of low tech trickery to make it look like he rode it out of the water. That's my best guess anyway...

Edited by ZenRyder
typo
  • Like 1

I actually don't know how water resistant lithium cells are, but I know they don't mix if water gets inside, well at least for LiPo cells that's game over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZenRyder said:

I seriously doubt it. They showed the entire tear down and they were thorough. Even tool apart the motor to analyze the windings. It would be more informative if we has some good English translation though.

I'd bet my paycheck (I'm still working for one :P) that it didn't even have the batteries or controller in there. It was probably just the shell and they did some kind of low tech trickery to make it look like he rode it out of the water. That's my best guess anyway...

I don't think these guys are that good with the CGI. The motions of the wheel looks very convincing. The only reason that I think it may work is that the MSP shell does have a working gasket. But I have my doubts too.

If it's fake, they did a really good job :thumbup:

• Like 1