Newbie here; and all over this! Just got my first classic 1000w and learned i need 2000w. With Sadly No understanding of speed limit programming. Im top heavy and bob at low speeds. Specs say "safe speed" 20kmh, does this mean its set to it? And what means no they wont change their programs?  The speed upgrades are not from  Gotway? If this were so id be back to my king song 18xl crush if theirs were upgraded in house. Even tho im huge, and also drooling for the monster 2500w.

And that thumb button i guess wont ever get accidentally pressed? And works with seat?

funny side story, i ordered a geriatric walker with 10" wheels and gonna try to use it for training, upper and lower body now and getting all into thinking how im gonna travel around with it possibly relieving feet just a lil for arm workout. and to rest even more than seat on wheel pushing walker with feet straps, ill sit on walker seat and pull myself around with it maybe even with a leash if I get really tired, like at publix wheeling through there or flea market or somewhere slow paced with good surface., it got a basket under seat. And i think ill be able to reverse seating direction if casters work better on front or back, maybe different at different speeds. So thatll be better now that smaller 19" has 2500w, lighter to control with feet and trolley handle happens to be in rear of wheel so i can hold it from walker seating position.. Im heard 45 mph.

What's with the EUCService site?  I placed an order for a monster and it said I will get an invoice in email, that was yesterday. Its probly coming right? 

1 hour ago, Ridefast51 said:

Specs say "safe speed" 20kmh, does this mean its set to it?

In China, where the manufacturers are, there's some kind of 20kph speed limit mandate for personal electric vehicles. That's why they used to flat out lie about the wheels having a top speed of 20kph (just for the spec sheet). They mellowed that down to "safe speed" without mentioning any other speed (like the real top speed). It means absolutely nothing.

The MSPro will as fast at is is going to be. How fast that is? We will see.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

@EMA and @mrelwood Good guesses! I didn't think the voltage drop would possibly give away the battery size. No one got it 100% correct but you got the majority of it right. The wheels were a 1230wh MSX and the 1800wh MSP. Rider Flyboy is lighter than rider Nick by maybe 25 lbs. 

image.png.5709d462d2e72f74cc92c8a2446ea5bd.png

7 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

@EMA and @mrelwood Good guesses! I didn't think the voltage drop would possibly give away the battery size. No one got it 100% correct but you got the majority of it right. The wheels were a 1230wh MSX and the 1800wh MSP. Rider Flyboy is lighter than rider Nick by maybe 25 lbs. 

image.png.5709d462d2e72f74cc92c8a2446ea5bd.png

Nice :D

On 1/29/2020 at 8:35 PM, Seba said:

This is a problem how Gotway protocol is handled. It's because wheel data is sent in chunks and each chunk trigger CSV line write. I however decided to rewrite Gotway support entirely from scratch. This week I will get Nikola, so I will be able to finish & test it.

And a request add an option when a Gotway wheel is connected to be able to see the battery real time like its now but a measure of the last 5 or 10 or 15 seconds like when wheels like ninebot do

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 4:15 PM, Planemo said:

So several people are saying the MSX has tiltback even when turned off?

I have never seen (whilst checking alarms via lift speeds) or felt any tiltback on mine, but then I havent actually measured it either. Maybe I will. Intrigued.

it doesn't feel like tiltback, it feels more like a gradual incline based on speed, subconsiously keeps you from going full speed without realising, this is why i think it's awesome and underappreciated

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

I gave the pro a quick go today, it’s certainly a fabulous wheel, however I don’t see it in the category of an upgrade if you already own a 84v or 100volt. The wheel definitely has more “roll on” speed, however not enough to call it “Pro”   On the new dual speaker  ( for those who care ) it’s still not there, terribly quality.  The side button cutoff switch is awkward, and you would probably be better off turning off the wheel if you have a flight of stairs to conquest. Overall I’m disappointed ..

By "roll on speed" do you mean acceleration?

Still waiting for a Pro from EWheels (frustrating that everyone but EWheels seems to have a Pro for riding/testing) but I agree that "Pro" seems a bit of a joke. They should have gone with something like MSX+. Then again, I'm just going to call it MSP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

but I agree that "Pro" seems a bit of a joke

It's pretty obvious they're still just trying to push their underwhelming 21700-based refreshes because of the benefit to them (the manufacturer) even though there's no real benefit (and potentially some drawbacks) for actual riders/consumers. Previous attempts to just market the 21700 cells didn't work, so now they throw a few half-assed features like a poorly implemented cutoff switch and add 'Pro' to the name...

I gotta imagine the better dealers have been lukewarm on the 21700-based refreshes (for the same reasons the community is) which is why Gotway seems to be prioritizing getting them to any no-name shop that is willing to say how 'good' they are, instead of getting them in the hands of the real dealers first.

• Like 3

Does anyone know the Kv rating on the MSP motor vs the MSX motor?

Seems like Gotway didn’t maintain the Kv when changing to the MSP 2500W motor from the MSX 2000W motor.

If so, they went with thinner wires around the longer magnets, to produce higher torque, at the expense of speed.

29 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Does anyone know the Kv rating on the MSP motor vs the MSX motor?

Seems like Gotway didn’t maintain the Kv when changing to the MSP 2500W motor from the MSX 2000W motor.

Seems so:

29 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

If so, they went with thinner wires around the longer magnets, to produce higher torque, at the expense of speed.

On 2/3/2020 at 12:55 PM, Marty Backe said:

32mph is OK for me, but that sounds particularly slow for an MSX. Lots of people won't like for that reason.

This maybe explains their motivation for making a 20" version. The new motor would have more top speed with a larger wheel (given the same rpm). Of course you're losing torque by increasing wheel size. 

I DO like to ride my Gotway's near the 48kph tiltback often, so that doesn't leave much headroom to 32mph. But a Monster or a larger-wheel MSX with more torque could be fun too. I find the stability of the Monster really compelling. But it sounds like the difference in torque is marginal?

• Like 3

On 2/4/2020 at 10:16 PM, erk1024 said:

This maybe explains their motivation for making a 20" version. The new motor would have more top speed with a larger wheel (given the same rpm). Of course you're losing torque by increasing wheel size. 

I DO like to ride my Gotway's near the 48kph tiltback often, so that doesn't leave much headroom to 32mph. But a Monster or a larger-wheel MSX with more torque could be fun too. I find the stability of the Monster really compelling. But it sounds like the difference in torque is marginal?

33mph is three beeps for a 70kg rider

MSP is notMSX V2, it is a somewhat different variant to the MSuper series.

When you ride the MSP at speeds over 10mph, then you start to understand what the MSP brings to the market.

MSP is not MSX V2

Edited by Afeez Kay

3 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

33mph is three beeps for a 70kg rider

Weight doesn't matter, the 80% alarm on Gotways is actually just a speed alarm. That's been established and confirmed a few times. But yeah, I think it would work because I wouldn't go faster than 31mph, and that's probably enough below 33mph that I wouldn't hit the beeps and in theory, 20% torque left. 

I'd also say that "extra acceleration after 10mph" is kind of the vibe the 100V Monster V3 has as well. It's slower from the start, but the acceleration doesn't seem to taper off much and before you know it, you're going 50kph.

So then the question is: is the extra oomf out of the new motor worth shelling out the cash for? And I think we won't know until more folks (e.g. @Marty Backe) have a chance to ride it.  ;)

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, erk1024 said:

Weight doesn't matter, the 80% alarm on Gotways is actually just a speed alarm. That's been established and confirmed a few times. But yeah, I think it would work because I wouldn't go faster than 31mph, and that's probably enough below 33mph that I wouldn't hit the beeps and in theory, 20% torque left. 

I'd also say that "extra acceleration after 10mph" is kind of the vibe the 100V Monster V3 has as well. It's slower from the start, but the acceleration doesn't seem to taper off much and before you know it, you're going 50kph.

So then the question is: is the extra oomf out of the new motor worth shelling out the cash for? And I think we won't know until more folks (e.g. @Marty Backe) have a chance to ride it.  ;)

I am liking it so far. It has some grunt. Will have to get lean pads to really tap into that torque.