47 minutes ago, xorbe said:

I actually don't know how water resistant lithium cells are, but I know they don't mix if water gets inside, well at least for LiPo cells that's game over.

The heat shrink tape around the batteries can be an effective barrier against water.

I have personally witnessed a V1 Monster get totally submerged in water, and after about 15-minutes it started working again and he rides it to this day. The V1 has zero gaskets.

Yoshi totally submerged his ACM2 in the water (which I also witnessed). The board had to be replaced, but the batteries were fine and the wheel works.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, WaveCut said:

It's not fake its just the controller and the battery drawn in compound, EcoDrift did it earlier, already. And that's paid custom procedure available for any customer of their maintenance service line of business.

Fantastic. Thanks for clearing that up.

Great sales technique for selling a waterproofing service :cheers:

• Like 1

So I understand how you can waterproof electronics (circuit boards/chips/wires/etc) by encasing them in some kind of epoxy/resin/whatever, but how do they deal with heat and the motor? (I guess the encasing material if also a decent-enough conductor of heat, they could remove the heatsink and use the material between the chip to re-attach the heatsink, leaving the heatsink on the 'outside' of the waterproofing? Still I'd be concerned about heat buildup on everything especially when not submerged in water. And I have no idea how one would waterproof the motor.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last week, or the week before it was also mentioned on Speedyfeet's show.

But since they will have the MS Pro Speed I believe not sure it means much, a test is required.  Something new is in the works beyond that I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Han Vo said:

Msp is such an amazing machine. The speed, the torque , the power

20200330_152305.jpg

What is this side pad you're using, and where/how can I get them here in the U.S.?

11 hours ago, Han Vo said:

20200330_152305.jpg

48 minutes ago, JZT-Colorado said:

What is this side pad you're using, and where/how can I get them here in the U.S.?

https://www.instagram.com/mono_customize/

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/17143-monocustomize-side-pads

Edited by RagingGrandpa

Just a quick clarification request here, I have the 16x and am looking at the MSP, the reason being is that I'm looking for more outright hill climbing power with less effort, if I'm reading all the reviews correctly, I'm really not going to see a night and day difference between the two?  That rascal MCM5 keeps creeping into my head.  Thanks in advance!!

Scratch that, I'm thinking about some off road possibilities that have opened up recently for me so I believe the MSP will be better, maybe a MCM later...

Edited by RetroThruster
reconsidered
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

Just a quick clarification request here, I have the 16x and am looking at the MSP, the reason being is that I'm looking for more outright hill climbing power with less effort, if I'm reading all the reviews correctly, I'm really not going to see a night and day difference between the two?  

I'm also interested and consider buying a MSP, but I don't think you will reach hill climbing with less effort, because it's an 18" Wheel. 

I am still hesitating because I am afraid that it will not even go up the mountain equally well. Maybe with power pads it will get better or even equal?

My wish is that I can ride the normal easy ways to my offroad destination at higher speed and have at least as much fun with the MSP there as with the 16X. :dribble:

But I would never buy a 14" Wheel für offroad hill climbing. Maybe for riding in San Francisco on flat concrete. :D

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

Just a quick clarification request here, I have the 16x and am looking at the MSP, the reason being is that I'm looking for more outright hill climbing power with less effort, if I'm reading all the reviews correctly, I'm really not going to see a night and day difference between the two?  That rascal MCM5 keeps creeping into my head.  Thanks in advance!!

Watch @Marty BackeBacke's overheat hill youtube tests of msp and mcm5. Afair the two  wheels which made it best...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

I'm also interested and consider buying a MSP, but I don't think you will reach hill climbing with less effort, because it's an 18" Wheel. 

I am still hesitating because I am afraid that it will not even go up the mountain equally well. Maybe with power pads it will get better or even equal?

My wish is that I can ride the normal easy ways to my offroad destination at higher speed and have at least as much fun with the MSP there as with the 16X. :dribble:

But I would never buy a 14" Wheel für offroad hill climbing. Maybe for riding in San Francisco on flat concrete. :D

Sounds like we have somewhat similar concerns, I'm still very limited in experience so I'm still learning what to expect and what not to.  I seem to have a case of "the wants" right now but having a hard time narrowing down what I actually need, your comment about getting to your off road destination a little quicker with equal off road capability to the 16x really hits home with me as well.  The only way to sift thru all this is to try new things and see where you land, I know multiple wheels will be in my future, it's nice to have a good forum to help with decision making along the way.  MSP in the short term and MCM5 a little later since it would just compliment my Mten3:)  I really appreciate it!!

Edited by RetroThruster
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

Scratch that, I'm thinking about some off road possibilities that have opened up recently for me so I believe the MSP will be better, maybe a MCM later...

if thats what youre looking for you will not get it by going UP in wheel size... yes the MSP has ridiculous torque but thats relative to 18" wheels.. you want more torque, get a smaller wheel.. tesla or mcm5... though im not sure why you feel the 16x is lacking in torque? i havent tried it myself but i know its smaller and lighter than the nikola 2100 which is what i had and that thing flew up mountain hills totally effortlessly, felt like a heavier version of any other 16" wheel in those terms.. if you get the MSP in the hopes it would be easier you would be disappointed i think

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

if thats what youre looking for you will not get it by going UP in wheel size... yes the MSP has ridiculous torque but thats relative to 18" wheels.. you want more torque, get a smaller wheel.. tesla or mcm5... though im not sure why you feel the 16x is lacking in torque? i havent tried it myself but i know its smaller and lighter than the nikola 2100 which is what i had and that thing flew up mountain hills totally effortlessly, felt like a heavier version of any other 16" wheel in those terms.. if you get the MSP in the hopes it would be easier you would be disappointed i think

Got an email from Zen Lee at Ewheels and he said that he's ridden them both (16x and MSP) and claims that the MSP has quite a bit more climbing power than the 16x.  My 16x climbs well but I can afford to try multiple wheels, just like you, ultimately, I'll find what best suites MY needs/preferences, thanks for the input.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

Got an email from Zen Lee at Ewheels and he said that he's ridden them both (16x and MSP) and claims that the MSP has quite a bit more climbing power than the 16x.  My 16x climbs well but I can afford to try multiple wheels, just like you, ultimately, I'll find what best suites MY needs/preferences, thanks for the input.

hmmm, perhaps the 16x is lacking.. like i said never ridden one im just comparing to the nikola i had.. you still have to be careful about how you think about it, because yes the MSP technically would be more powerful than any other wheel on paper.. but being able to utilize that power comes down to the individual, it will not be as easy to access and it probably wont feel as easy as a 16" wheel.. if you know what i mean, everyones experience level is different, everyones size and strength and ride style is different so while one EUC may feel so casual and peppy and easy to control for one person, another person may hop on it and say jesus this thing is huge and heavy and so hard to control.. on paper the MSP wins, beats the MCM5 and anything else, but it completely depends on what YOU put into it.. by a longshot i can guarantee you that not having experience and being out of the loop you put one person on any traditional 16" wheel and then put them on the MSP they will say every time that the 16" wheel went up the hill much easier

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 2