3 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

It is now up on Loomo (Ali)

Note that this says it's a "Pre-Sale" item with an "Official sale date: March 1, 2020".

So, it sounds like that's the official launch date. It's a little unclear if you are ordering now and they won't ship until then or if they are shipping it before the launch. I'm guessing that they'll take your money now and sit on it until it until launch. This is probably just a way to get the early adopters to pay now and reserve their spot in line.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Asphalt said:

The jump to the stronger motor and 21700 batteries likely necessitates a new control board and firmware. There’s going to be more heat as well, with the dual headlights and potentially higher current draw with the new motor-battery combo. That’s a few too many possible failure points for my liking.

I’m waiting for Marty’s Overheat Hill and range tests, Kuji’s max acceleration, braking and jumping tests, and Chooch’s off-road durability test, before I order the MSP.

It’d be great to see Chris and Tishawn’s NYC maneuvering tests too, but I don’t know if they’re still videoing their rides much these days.

What about EUC rides in london. you dont want to see our review? That hurt.. really hurt :crying:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I keep hearing about trolley handles and speakers. To me that’s like looking at a dirt bike and complaining about not having a windshield and saddle bags. I care more about the speed and power. This is the wheel that does that. I say, leave the trolley handle alone get rid of the speakers and LED light show. I want performance. We have other wheels that do that other stuff. Let the performance people have this wheel.

I definitely agree with speakers/LEDs to some extent.

Speakers I have never used so really don't mind. Just a basic beeper for speed alerts is fine. 
LEDs...I don't think they're essential, but given as I ride at night a lot, it is nice to know that it makes me more visible. 

Trolley handles though....having come from a wheel without it, to the KS18XL which does have one...oh god I will never go back. Its just so nice and I don't really know how I lived without it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The very first MSXs had a strong 7 degree tiltback ”feature” that was supposed to give more stability at speed. But this was immediately removed/reduced. It could’ve been on pre-production demo units though, but I do remember at least three reports/reviews mentioning this.

That I do agree with.... Best to buy from a reputable distributor if one has to get aboard with the first batch.

I forgot about that, but what I recall was that it actually was a very subtle tilt-back that occurred at high-speed. I never heard any follow-up, like it was only mentioned by a couple of people. And then nothing. Hmmmm.

So we have slightly different memories of the the same issue.

@Seba 1800Wh is a 100V wheel, though, right? 84V would be either 1480Wh or 1850Wh with nothing in between. And who in their right mind would buy an 84V MSPro if we know exactly 100V will follow soon (like always)? I don't think there will even be a 84V variant.

Well done spotting the 100V limit on the capacitor. Let's hope there is a good explanation for this picture (as opposed to a faceplant-inducing explanation);)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Well done spotting the 100V limit on the capacitor. Let's hope there is a good explanation for this picture (as opposed to a faceplant-inducing explanation);)

There is no explanation but maybe a wrong picture or some prototype were they did not have the higher rated capacitor.

In your post you have a "real" 100V board with  160V capacitors: 

... But each only 560uF instead of 1000uF :(

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chriull said:

There is no explanation but maybe a wrong picture or some prototype were they did not have the higher rated capacitor.

In your post you have a "real" 100V board with  160V capacitors: 

Exactly, there is no explanation for 100 V caps in 102 V design. It would be a major design fault, making entire wheel inherently dangerous.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

What about EUC rides in london. you dont want to see our review? That hurt.. really hurt :crying:

We’ve had too much British influence around these parts lately. Now if Harry and fam started riding EUCs, then maybe I’d change my mind.

Also, apparently British women prefer Foxy scooters over EUCs - you gotta do a better job converting the fairer sex :P

If you do a review of how the MSuper Pro holds up in rainy British weather, then I’d definitely watch that video.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seba said:

Especially that 100 V is just simplification, in fact 24S battery reach 100.8 V when fully charged, may even reach 102 V and mor eduring longer regenerative charging. Electrolytic caps are very sensitive to overvoltage and vents..... pufffffff.... ! :)

Yeah, I upgraded both caps in my 36v ebike charger as many people had problems with them blowing. No issues since. Deffo better to overspec when it comes to caps!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, buell47 said:

Thanks Mike, you are right. I didn't think this was possible unless the shipments came from a European warehouse.

Here their answer for other interested people:

Hello dear. You don’t need pay any customs tax. We will pay the import sales tax. You don’t any other cost.

There is a thread about how they send the stuff through China, then Russia, then it lands in Europe somewhere and becomes European inventory.
No tax, no customs. 

They know their business! :lol:

I love it when they call me dear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shad0z said:

If you're looking for more size and more power, then wait for a later release than the msx pro, just sayin, no details. And it will be around start of summer-ish

No details

:shock2: You can send me a PM. No one will know  :ph34r: :whistling:

11 hours ago, Seba said:

Exactly, there is no explanation for 100 V caps in 102 V design. It would be a major design fault, making entire wheel inherently dangerous.

Based on this and the fact that the "Msuper X Pro" came at a time that i personally consider half-time between the existing wheels and the new ones, i wanted to get my hands on one MSX Pro in the begining, but now i'm re-thinking this, and i say.. lets wait and see what the other companies have to offer, you don't know, it's been many years since a breakthru, it may arrive in 2020!!! (i'm hopeful i know :P )

12 hours ago, Seba said:

I have messaged Gotway about this and will report back once I get a response.

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Unless I am going straight on a smooth road I commonly don't notice the tilt at first.  

Me neither. And I’m very used to it by now as well. It’s easy to accelerate past it. I think it feels the strongest if you very slowly accelerate from 30km/h upwards. Especially on a minor incline it can definitely fight back.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Asphalt said:

We’ve had too much British influence around these parts lately. Now if Harry and fam started riding EUCs, then maybe I’d change my mind.

Also, apparently British women prefer Foxy scooters over EUCs - you gotta do a better job converting the fairer sex :P

If you do a review of how the MSuper Pro holds up in rainy British weather, then I’d definitely watch that video.

Oh I will be doing the review of the MSuper Pro soon..I promise 

The MSuper Pro (MSP) name was suggested by me to Gotway.. rather than the MSuper X pro.. I feel like the father 😂🤣 

oh and I may have inadvertently pushed Gotway to announce the MSP sooner than expected.. I felt bad, I apologised for the leak.  I AM THE FATHER 😂😂

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Ah-HA! This must then be the 20” one they mentioned.

MSPro, 20” MiniMonster, and a third. Make it a Nikola successor with a smaller shell and slightly less weight and I just might be buying a new wheel this year!

Yep yep.. spot on. The smaller one will come in all sort of colours.. :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

oh and I may have inadvertently pushed Gotway to announce the MSP sooner than expected.. I felt bad, I apologised for the leak.  I AM THE FATHER 😂😂

Even if patience is not my strong point, I hope that it does not mean that it will be built under time pressure to meet the planned release date. 

We all know very well what the result will be. Whether King Song or Got Way. 

The 100V capacitors are already a sign of this, or not? :efee612b4b:

Edited by buell47

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Absolutely, memories fade. Especially mine... But I’d like to hang on to it being all but subtle. At least the 84V version of MSX still has a very subtle tilt-back at 35km/h, but most people don’t even seem to notice it.

But I definitely agree with the original point, MSX was a great launch for Gotway.

Ah-HA! This must then be the 20” one they mentioned.

MSPro, 20” MiniMonster, and a third. Make it a Nikola successor with a smaller shell and slightly less weight and I just might be buying a new wheel this year!

Bingo! Can't confirm or deny though, just bingo. :rolleyes:

I only ever felt msx tiltback past 40-45kph, i actually really like this feature, it's extremely unappreciated. It keeps you subconsciously from going too fast when you're not trying to speed, without the slight incline you'd hit max speed all the time. I bet there would be a lot more cutouts. With gotway firmware you only need to move your toes to be flying next to cars, so it makes sense why they would implement this safety tilt to add some very small resistance, enough to not go max speed without realising. And just mild enough so that you can easily push it if you'd like to go fast

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Even if patience is not my strong point, I hope that it does not mean that it will be built under time pressure to meet the planned release date. 

We all know very well what the result will be. Whether King Song or Got Way. 

The 100V capacitors are already a sign of this, or not? :efee612b4b:

😂 They were more than ready.. they just wanted to release the statement a bit later.. I mean a day or two.. the wheel has been production ready for some time.. :)

10 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Wasn't the third one this "city commuter" thing? I wonder what its biggest battery size will be and when it will be revealed.

• Like 1