KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

4 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

I know a lot of you have been waiting for this. 

Filmed it last night post 1.05 and Bluetooth patches.   @BleepBloopBlop I grabbed your warning post and put it in here to help reach folks who don't view the forum along with the King Song response.   Your hand appears at 3:30-3:35 and I hope does some good as people often are not aware that Tiltback at max speed is the edge of stability and dangerous (and I think we all assumed King Song was banking some power to keep us safe when they picked 31 mph).   Probably also worth saying, that I still get random peddle changes post Bluetooth fix - I assume from RF, and mostly occurs when I'm streaming music to the KS16x.  So that Bluetooth fix sure isn't final to my thinking.

Something said in the video peeked my interest. The 16X pedals are higher than the MSX??? Less pedal scraping than the MSX with its extreme dihedral pedal angle?

That's hard to believe, but it's true?

Anyone else notice their 16X start to vibrate noticeably when approaching a full stop or if they lean it a bit aggressively when standing on it?  After the update, this is the only thing I've found odd.  My wheel crapped out on my on version 1.01, but seems very stable on 1.05 during a 20 minute ride.  Hope the update fixed my wheel and I don't have a hardware issue causing pedal float.  (I never use bluetooth music, but had really bad 15-20 degree forward pedal tilt)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Something said in the video peeked my interest. The 16X pedals are higher than the MSX??? Less pedal scraping than the MSX with its extreme dihedral pedal angle?

That's hard to believe, but it's true?

I'll try to find a unit to measure side by side for you.  If I had seen this earlier I would have snapped one as their was a 100V MSX on the ride tonight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

@Micheal Shen Any chance we can find out where the gyro is located on the control board?

The Bluetooth interference isn't completely resolved by the BT module firmware fix, and I'd like to try shielding the gyro with some EMI absorbing film.

Seconded.  Peddle movement is still there for me too (submitted via support).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CampDylan said:

I am similar weight as your colleague (I am 61kg), I will benefit greatly as new rider!

ha ha, lucky lucky!

Anyway, please observer the max speed in Kingsong app when the battery level is reducing. So that you will know the limit. :)

Please kindly noted that do not press the pedal when the pedal is tilting back and battery level is below 50%. Always safe riding!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JT Tan said:

Anyone else notice their 16X start to vibrate noticeably when approaching a full stop or if they lean it a bit aggressively when standing on it?  After the update, this is the only thing I've found odd.  My wheel crapped out on my on version 1.01, but seems very stable on 1.05 during a 20 minute ride.  Hope the update fixed my wheel and I don't have a hardware issue causing pedal float.  (I never use bluetooth music, but had really bad 15-20 degree forward pedal tilt)

I can say that when my KS18L is idle, when I trolley it, it can sometimes sit at as "sweet spot" where it can't decide if it is to balance motor forward or backwards. It happens typically if it is on and I lean it against a wall where it is like 0.5-1 degree out of level. If I am holding the trolley it can be felt as a slight vibration. 

What you describe looks to me as how my KS18L acts. My first wheel Inmotion V8 had something similar, so I never really thought much about it. 

6 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:
7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You certainly have enough miles to satisfy KS’s requirements. It must have been a rumor. 60km/h would be to fast for me anyway.

No just a screen shot of my KS16X app before I hit the confirm button which naturally defaulted back to 50km/h. 

If you want to ride at that speed, you need to be a test engineer! ha ha.

Future, 60km/h is possible

Well @Rehab1 used to be test pilot (might still be I don't know) from what I recall. :efee6b18f3:

However I wounder how @Mrs. Rehab1 will take the new status as test rider.:ph34r:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JT Tan said:

I would recommend reading through my 16X wheelog. I cover this in my first post, and other surprises you might hit :)

So is this Bluetooth problem a hardware fix or software fix ,the ks16x has 5 speakers it's a shame you can't risk playing music I thought this would be an easy fix it it was software related

57 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

It’s my first time doing a video “vlog style”, a little nervous and unnatural 🤣

You did an excellent job!  Very well spoken and it seemed natural to me. I wouldn’t  mind seeing more. :efefae4566:

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Back from my testride with the new firmware.

I wanted to take my normal riding routes but it all came different, very different. :D

As i walked out of the house my neighbors came out with their high end mountain bikes and i asked them if they know any good bike trails nearby and they said that they’re going by car to a forest now with good trails.

And i just said ok i‘m coming with you and they said, cool but they don’t know if i will make them trails on my wheel. I sad we’ll see.

And i tell you what it was really really hardcore, i mean really hardcore.

It was just steep hills up and down up and down, roots everywhere,tight slopes right and left, jumps and so on, i had to be focused on point the whole time.

And these guys where just flying and jumping through there and they where amazed that i could keep up with them, me too.

Some sections where so steep i had to stand tip toes. It was the ultimate stress test for me and the wheel. We rode about 3 hours hardcore, my t-shirt was soaking wet after the ride, never had that before. And i normally ride pretty hard off-road, but this was from another world.

The wheel was performing like a beast, and surprisingly it was running much cooler than before the update, about 40-45C, before the update with normal riding it was about 50-52C. Sometimes i thought ok that’s it the wheel will blow up any minute, but it didn’t.

It was really good fun but i‘m really glad that me and the wheel made it out alive.

R yeah i must say i love the 16X, excellent wheel.

7F95E149-5F8A-42AA-986C-6FEC34D8FD63.thumb.jpeg.048976e03d945b5cea9d7dbe2f20110d.jpeg

F593141F-7359-4988-B418-A8718E1001B9.thumb.jpeg.d87d7e9aa69e89db7ed36fccab5369f2.jpeg

A544E056-3A8C-4BB9-AA2E-093867759A66.thumb.jpeg.c271b06adb15fc5b3bb23c1511422a9a.jpeg

9F8EFC48-6809-4718-BE70-550684364F98.thumb.jpeg.53eb694716690500d1c622829dabfc73.jpeg

That's what I prefer to do too. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

Even you set pedal tilt back speed at 40km/h, you arrive the speed and the pedal tilt back, but the motor still have power to support you to ride 41km/h or 42km/h, so even if you press the pedal, the motor will not lose power.

It all depends on how hard you push. Objectively, the motor loses power with increasing speed, and it loses even more reserve power to keep balance (because more speed also demands more "base" power of a motor that only can provide less power). Subjectively, if one pushes harder than what the motor can supply, it feels like the motor lost power (even if it did not objectively lose power).

Edited by Mono

9 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

If you want to ride at that speed, you need to be a test engineer! ha ha.

In my country we call that a ‘test dummy.’  My wife will asset that I have the latter mastered. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

I know a lot of you have been waiting for this. 

Filmed it last night post 1.05 and Bluetooth patches.   @BleepBloopBlop I grabbed your warning post and put it in here to help reach folks who don't view the forum along with the King Song response.   Your hand appears at 3:30-3:35 and I hope does some good as people often are not aware that Tiltback at max speed is the edge of stability and dangerous (and I think we all assumed King Song was banking some power to keep us safe when they picked 31 mph).   Probably also worth saying, that I still get random peddle changes post Bluetooth fix - I assume from RF, and mostly occurs when I'm streaming music to the KS16x.  So that Bluetooth fix sure isn't final to my thinking.

I can't at this point say if this guy is right or wrong. I don't understand his east Europe/Russian video, but he posted an English version too. But you her he is looking for words at time. 

Not my video ....It is a little different from his first recommendation in his first review (different video I posted that before). 

In short he is stating the wheels algorithm act wired if it is not calibrated to level. Some might be used to a little front or back dip intentionally. That is how I used my KS18L a while since It helped me to break harder, but now I am using it as 0-level . He also state despite you have done "correct" calibration it might for take effect. so if you get those wave dip up/down then you should redo the calibration (maybe even multiply times).

If this is the case I think this is something they must address with firmware if it is possible. Would be nice to have a test/reset function in the app.

What do you think of this @Micheal Shen ? 

Edited by Unventor
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Garrie Lim said:

Ps: My first vlog, gotta work on some idiosyncrasies that I have 😂😂😂

Filmed entirely on my iPhone and video was pumped out in a few hours. Hope the Singaporean accent isn’t too terrible for you guys. It’s my first time doing a video “vlog style”, a little nervous and unnatural 🤣

Look forward for more like this from you. As for your Singaporean accent, it is great. shows diversity of the EUC community I love it.:cheers:

My English just sounds funny :efeec46606:. But then again many Danes have this odd English...it works but sound funny to me at least. Even the 3 years I lived in the UK didn't change it enough. 

• Like 1

Just a short question...

Do anyone see any issue with painting the bare metal part of the rim? I were thinking it shouldn't be that hard to mask the motor part with a plastic bag and then hang it is a string loop where the tube is located. (tagging @US69

Main reason I look at doing this is the winter weather and salts used on roads here. I can see it took a toll on my KS18L rim with just 1 winter season already. Smalls rust spots are starting to show on the rim.

Edited by Unventor
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

In my country we call that a ‘test dummy.’  My wife will asset that I have the latter mastered. 

Should KS ever enlist me I will be the Designated Crash Test Dummy (DCTD) :efefb6a84e: Maybe I need to work on the title a bit more...:unsure: