KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

1 hour ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Careful out there. Not saying it's the new firmware but the wheel cutout completely after hitting the top speed beeps/tiltback tonight. I am 750 miles deep on the 16x and never had cutout issues until today and I was riding on smooth flat ground. Gear up!Ā 

OMFG. It was just yesterday night we were discussing safety gear!

Since you do t-shirt and jeans, you must be scraped up pretty badĀ ;_;Ā 

Are you going to be ok?

Edit: how tf are you even typing O_O

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 1

Careful out there. Not saying it's the new firmware but the wheel cutout completely after hitting the top speed beeps/tiltback tonight. I am 750 miles deep on the 16x and never had cutout issues until today and I was riding on smooth flat ground. Gear up!Ā 

Ā 

Firmware 1.5

Rider weight: 190lbs

20190820_192707.jpg

How's the rest of your body ,, you say you was riding the tilt so must of been going nearly 50kph ,, you ok?

Ā 

Firmware 1.5

20190820_192707.jpg

Damn dude! Really hope you are ok..

Do you know how fast was you going? And how much battery did youĀ have left? Also would be interesting to hear your weight.

Wishing you a speedy recovery bud

Im good! Rode it home 10 miles after the crash. Might work from home tomorrow but I'm getting right back in the 16X. I had just hit tilt and leanback so about 50-52km/hr

Ā 

Injuries are hands and forearms plus knees. Mostly shallow abrasions that will heal up quickly.Ā 

Edited by BleepBloopBlop
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Im good! Rode it home 10 miles after the crash. Might work from home tomorrow but I'm getting right back in the 16X.Ā 

Wow. Cutting out at 31 mph - I would not have been able to roll that off.

More gear from now on?

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

20190820_192707.jpg

Brother, better to wear protection gear in night riding if you want to hit the top speed and always hit tilt back speed.

Cutout=power off, so after you fall down, the wheel is ON or OFF.

Motor losing power. the wheel is ON, but motor goes wrong

7 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Im good! Rode it home 10 miles after the crash. Might work from home tomorrow but I'm getting right back in the 16X. I had just hit tilt and leanback so about 50-52km/hr

I thought it would of had some power left over tbh not just cut out, i thought kingsong just limited 50kph as a saftey feature but the saftey feature didn't seem to work

2 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Ā 

Firmware 1.5

20190820_192707.jpg

Damn,Ā hope you're better now. Gearing up is a good idea, but so is giving yourself a bit of a buffer from max power.

Edited by wheelr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, stephen said:

I thought it would of had some power left over tbh not just cut out, i thought kingsong just limited 50kph as a saftey feature but the saftey feature didn't seem to work

No, once the wheel speed is reaching 50km/h(judgement range is 49.5km/h to 50.5km/h), the pedal will tilt back. So when tilt back, you need to watch over the road surface, not go over any hole or bump.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It is indeed the ChaoYang H-5167! What a treat! Suddenly I want the 16X as well!Ā 

I think now we all know that if you ask a Chinese what type of tyre that is exactly, it comes as an exact technical answer, it's black and round.Ā :roflmao:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Micheal Shen said:

When motor is reaching max power, the pedal will be soft.

KS-16X using new motor, and it can hit 55km/h without any load. There is enough buffer for riders.

Let's talk about that, because this is what happens to me and my V8 as described.Ā 

If the actual case was not a cut-off, the 16X should accelerate up to 55 km/h to regain balance after a overlean through a bump?Ā 

That means the buffer is 5 km/h?

Is it possible to set the tilt back (I don't mean a alarm) by myself to 45 km/h, so that I have a buffer of 10 km/h?Ā 

55 km/h without load doesn't seem that fast for a 2200W engine, or? Or was the engine wound to more torque than speed?Ā 

Ā 

Edited by buell47
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

No, once the wheel speed is reaching 50km/h(judgement range is 49.5km/h to 50.5km/h), the pedal will tilt back. So when tilt back, you need to watch over the road surface, not go over any hole or bump.

Thank you for explaining this. And thank you for sharing personal experience too.Ā 

I hope you are okay or at least heal up fast.Ā 

I never though that at time of tiltback would be short time before a wheel can handle pot/man holes if they were small.Ā 

But that you mentioned it, it makes sense. Warning noted. Thank you once again.Ā 

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

55 km/h without load doesn't seem that fast for a 2200W engine, or? Or was the engine wound to more torque than speed?Ā 

Speed and torque are different things, but I assume you know this already.Ā 

In the end is comes down to load and torque behaviour of the motor, so what should be possible in perception might be very different.Ā 

To compare, a tesla electric car, have a fast acceleration from standstill to 100 kmh but as you reach top speed the electric motors will struggle more than a gas powered car, that is why most electric cars might have fast or super acceleration from a red light but on freeway it not as powerful anymore, especially compared to a gaspowered super car with almost same acceleration.Ā 

On top of this you need power from electric motor to handle balance. So going top speed means much high risk taking. Even for a KS wheel.Ā 

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

It is indeed the ChaoYang H-5167! What a treat! Suddenly I want the 16X as well!Ā :lol:

Go for it, join us "hot kids" with KS16X šŸ˜‰

@Marty BackeĀ used "the cool kids" for Nikola club.

Personally I think we should agree to swap names on the owners club. šŸ˜

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Speed and torque are different things, but I assume you know this already.Ā 

Yes I know, because I have little experience in RC electric motors for my 700 class helicopter and how the windings can change rpm and torque. :efefe00999:

• Like 1