KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

1 hour ago, Genghis said:

Reading other's knee jerk reactions has been such a roller coaster ride in this thread. As this is my first EUC,

Same here, lol.  Mine arriving perhaps end of this week or early next week (Honolulu, Hawaii).  I haven't been this excited AND nervous at the same time since I drank ayahuasca in the Peruvian Amazon 6 years ago, haha!  Seriously though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I may be wrong but I thought at some point (determined by mileage) KS was suppose to allow the rider to unlock the speed where it tops out at 60Km/h.

With your mileage have you attempted to increase the speed setting?

48595112566_64eb309e87_b.jpg

lol is this a deepfake? 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

The wheel was performing like a beast, and surprisingly it was running much cooler than before the update, about 40-45C, before the update with normal riding it was about 50-52C. Sometimes i thought ok that’s it the wheel will blow up any minute, but it didn’t.

Maybe this firmware update activates the hot glue under the.MOSFET feature, which causes the temperature to read low while the MOSFETS are smoking? :P

Oh, I forgot. That's proprietary Gotway technology!

:w00t2:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

The 16X can't be set at over 50km/hr in my testing and I'm at 750 miles.

You certainly have enough miles to satisfy KS’s requirements. It must have been a rumor. 60km/h would be to fast for me anyway.

1 hour ago, wheelr said:

lol is this a deepfake? 

No just a screen shot of my KS16X app before I hit the confirm button which naturally defaulted back to 50km/h. 

• Like 1

I know a lot of you have been waiting for this. 

Filmed it last night post 1.05 and Bluetooth patches.   @BleepBloopBlop I grabbed your warning post and put it in here to help reach folks who don't view the forum along with the King Song response.   Your hand appears at 3:30-3:35 and I hope does some good as people often are not aware that Tiltback at max speed is the edge of stability and dangerous (and I think we all assumed King Song was banking some power to keep us safe when they picked 31 mph).   Probably also worth saying, that I still get random peddle changes post Bluetooth fix - I assume from RF, and mostly occurs when I'm streaming music to the KS16x.  So that Bluetooth fix sure isn't final to my thinking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

I was playing music and am on firmware 1.5 with the bluetooth patch installed previous to the firmware updated. 

That may have contributed to the problem.

I turned off my bluetooth since I heard of the issues related.

Edited by Gustesta

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Some sections where so steep i had to stand tip toes. It was the ultimate stress test for me and the wheel. We rode about 3 hours hardcore, my t-shirt was soaking wet after the ride, never had that before. And i normally ride pretty hard off-road, but this was from another world.

Sweet this is good news 

Lov the MTB trail rides 110% concentration 

Almost tunnel vision when I ride no dramas with pedal height 

Been thrown from my MSX a few times with pedals clipping rocks and stumps

How was the tire performing in the off road environment 

As am currently seeking a dirt bike tire for mine 2.75-12 

23 hours ago, prasket said:

Just got a notice from FedEx mine will be here Thursday, I am so excited. I took off Friday to go on a nice long ride. :D

EDIT: FedEx updated to Friday, hopefully early. :) 

Me too... first it was Wednesday, then it was Thursday and now it will be Friday... but I received my 5A Charger today

Edited by DragonFZ
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

Me too... first it was Wednesday, then it was Thursday and now it will be Friday

Better to remember the pedal tilt back feeling at low speed (25km/h), so that your body will remember this feeling when pedal tilt back at high speed 40km/h or above.

When pedal tilt back, you body will tell you not push too hard. This is riding advice.

• Upvote 2

when the motor go over a hole or bump, the motor will be leaving the earth for small time, and the motor will accelerate itself. This is riding experience.

You can observe this accelerate in low speed via using Kingsong APP, like 20km/h or 25km/h. In high speed, don't observe, it's a big risk of falling down.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RoadRunner said:

I think the best and easy fix for the bluetooth module is not to play music for now. :laughbounce2:

That's my primary "fix", but it doesn't completely eliminate pedal float.

The other approach might be to find the BT module and disable it.

8 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

That's my primary "fix", but it doesn't completely eliminate pedal float.

The other approach might be to find the BT module and disable it.

Well i don’t have the pedal problem, not before any update or after.

I always switch of kingsong music because i have my JBL Flip running for music.

22 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Well i don’t have the pedal problem, not before any update or after.

I always switch of kingsong music because i have my JBL Flip running for music.

EMI interference often has unit to unit variations. Things like ground resistance variation can be a significant factor in an issue appearing in some units and not others.

1 minute ago, Jon Stern said:

EMI interference often has unit to unit variations. Things like ground resistance variation can be a significant factor in an issue appearing in some units and not others.

Not good for the others but for me. B)

3 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

Better to set a low pedal tilt back speed(like 25km/h) and feel many times about the pedal tilt back. Remember this feeling will let you be aware of it when adjust pedal tilt back speed to 40km/h or higher.

What happens if you set the tilt back to 40 km/h and still move forward when you reach 40 km/h, does the cut-off also occur at i.e. 42 km/h, or only at over 50 km/h?