KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

8 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Careful out there. Not saying it's the new firmware but the wheel cutout completely after hitting the top speed beeps/tiltback tonight. I am 750 miles deep on the 16x and never had cutout issues until today and I was riding on smooth flat ground. Gear up! 

Firmware 1.5

Rider weight: 190lbs

20190820_192707.jpg

Sorry to hear that!  How much battery did you have left when that happened please?

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Speed and torque are different things, but I assume you know this already. 

In the end is comes down to load and torque behaviour of the motor, so what should be possible in perception might be very different. 

To compare, a tesla electric car, have a fast acceleration from standstill to 100 kmh but as you reach top speed the electric motors will struggle more than a gas powered car, that is why most electric cars might have fast or super acceleration from a red light but on freeway it not as powerful anymore, especially compared to a gaspowered super car with almost same acceleration. 

On top of this you need power from electric motor to handle balance. So going top speed means much high risk taking. Even for a KS wheel. 

Not a good comparison, yes electric motors have high torque at low revs and there is a limit to the rpm available, so as you increase speed, you reach the motors maximum rpm and hence maximum speed. Electric vehicles, as far as I know, do not yet have gear boxes as gas powered vehicle in order to change the drive ratio between motor and wheel or wheels.

Gas powered vehicles rely very heavily on a gearbox drive ratio to transfer power to the wheels due to their very limited rpm range.

If one were to add a gearbox to an electric vehicle (depending on the power of the electric motor) the story might be totally different.

27 minutes ago, bruno356 said:

If one were to add a gearbox to an electric vehicle (depending on the power of the electric motor) the story might be totally different.

Since you said it is not a good comparison.... 

Please explain how this would work on an EUC.... Using gearbox... 

None EUC I know uses gearbox, so let's leave that out then. 

Point is you might feel more power is available... But you need still surplus to keep balance. So there is a limit to how far to max performance you can tap into. 

9 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Careful out there. Not saying it's the new firmware but the wheel cutout completely after hitting the top speed beeps/tiltback tonight. I am 750 miles deep on the 16x and never had cutout issues until today and I was riding on smooth flat ground. Gear up! 

Firmware 1.5

No need for me to show your painful the photo again. Sorry man.

I appreciate those that are willing to push their wheels to the max to help other members understand the limitations but not if it means risking life and limb. 

I’m dialing back to 40 kph until this issue is resolved. 

35 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Since you said it is not a good comparison.... 

Please explain how this would work on an EUC.... Using gearbox... 

None EUC I know uses gearbox, so let's leave that out then. 

Point is you might feel more power is available... But you need still surplus to keep balance. So there is a limit to how far to max performance you can tap into. 

Your Quote "To compare, a tesla electric car," in case you have forgotten, so my remarks apply to your comment. I know EUC do not have gearboxes.

On 8/21/2019 at 11:20 AM, buell47 said:

If the actual case was not a cut-off, the 16X should accelerate up to 55 km/h to regain balance after a overlean through a bump? 

That depends on the rider. If the rider is (fully) releasing weight, then yes. If the rider keeps pushing or starts to push even harder because he or she feels to fall forward, then no. That's why soft legs are crucial for safety and bending the knees is the life-saving reflex.

IMHO, it is crucial to understand that the torque the wheel uses to keep a speed of 50km/h may be larger than the maximal torque the wheel can produce at 55km/h.

IMHO, there is no way a wheel could have 50km/h maximal riding speed and 55km/h cutoff speed.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, buell47 said:

Let's talk about that, because this is what happens to me and my V8 as described. 

If the actual case was not a cut-off, the 16X should accelerate up to 55 km/h to regain balance after a overlean through a bump? 

That means the buffer is 5 km/h?

Is it possible to set the tilt back (I don't mean a alarm) by myself to 45 km/h, so that I have a buffer of 10 km/h? 

55 km/h without load doesn't seem that fast for a 2200W engine, or? Or was the engine wound to more torque than speed? 

Yeah, at some point, you are right. But our Kingsong aim to provide the safer range for end user. Safe to ride, Free to go is what we can provide to all users.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

I rode the 16x in Beijing traffic today with Kuji, and boy with a full-ish battery, this wheel can torque out of most situation.. however I did experience a slight dip when I tried accelerating from 45kph. I mean an oscillating dip forward of the entire wheel then it balanced itself again when I reduced the speed.. I thought that was it.. 😅.. my advise is set your speed limit to 45 kph for now ( even 40kph) and get yourself an MSX 100v if you have a need for higher top speed..😁

I get the feeling the 16x is meant for torque rather than top speed. Hence the climbing capabilities.

firmware v1.5 latest version as of 21st of August.

rider weight 65kg 

How much battery did you have left when that happened please?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

How much battery did you have left when that happened please?

Good question.. it had 9 bars/ring lights  left. Although I suspect it’s probably 60% battery left the way i was pushing the wheel. 

3 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

Good question.. it had 9 bars/ring lights  left. Although I suspect it’s probably 60% battery left the way i was pushing the wheel. 

Perfect.  According to the manual 9 bars equal 71% left.  But, if you're pushing hard, that goes way down while riding!

3 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

I did experience a slight dip when I tried accelerating from 45kph. I mean an oscillating dip forward of the entire wheel then it balanced itself again when I reduced the speed.. I thought that was it.. 😅.. my advise is set your speed limit to 45 kph for now ( even 40kph) 

Glad your ok!

So the moral of the story is to forget about achieving Kingsong’s mileage (Km) threshold  which would unlock the 60 km/h top speed and just ride at or below 45 km/h until they get their act together?

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

My wheel had a pretty high state of charge as I was less than 10 miles into a 20 mile ride that I started at a full charge. I was on full tilt back and the pedals dipped forward and the wheel didn't recover before I went flying forward off it. I'm not sure if it was a complete cutoff/poweroff of the wheel or just a intermittent loss of power causing the pedals to dip forward from a tilt back position tossing me off the front. I didn't hit a bump when this happened but have experienced the pedals dipping at high speed when hitting obstacles and that's the scariest situation I've been on the wheel besides this crash. I'll recover from my injuries quickly, but my wheel is looking pretty sad now. I'm going to need to order some new plastics for it at some point in the future.

This could have been unfortunately-timed Bluetooth interference.

Have you updated the BT firmware over USB (not a complete fix). Were you playing music?

3 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

This could have been unfortunately-timed Bluetooth interference.

Have you updated the BT firmware over USB (not a complete fix). Were you playing music?

I was playing music and am on firmware 1.5 with the bluetooth patch installed previous to the firmware updated. 

Edited by BleepBloopBlop
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Glad your ok!

So the moral of the story is to forget about achieving Kingsong’s mileage (Km) threshold  which would unlock the 60 km/h top speed and just ride at or below 45 km/h until they get their act together?

I thought this was a 50 kmh wheel? The 16X definitely can't do 60 kmh.

I'm at 137 lbs, and at 50 kmh, it feels like 99% to me. 45 km feels like 90% cruising speed. The 16X makes it easy to settle in at 22 mph (35 kmh).

50 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

What? Lol

Reading other's knee jerk reactions has been such a roller coaster ride in this thread. As this is my first EUC, I don't know what it was like for the early adopters of the other wheels, such as the Nikola or Z10. I am still excited to finally get the wheel this Friday, barring any delays.  Glad to read that BleepBloop lop is relatively fine. Sucks that you took a spill.

Edited by Genghis
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I thought this was a 50 kmh wheel? The 16X definitely can't do 60 kmh.

I may be wrong but I thought at some point (determined by mileage) KS was suppose to allow the rider to unlock the speed where it tops out at 60Km/h.

With your mileage have you attempted to increase the speed setting?

48595112566_64eb309e87_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1