KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

Hopefully my wheel be all updated before shipping it out next week. But with my luck I properly get it by 2031....with a storage bill attached:unsure:

Given the few updates and some of the idiosyncrasies that occur during the process I myself would rather be involved. That way I’m always assured that the updates are properly installed. 

37 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Just remember this is not a car. It need a surplus of power to maintain balance. The closer you get to the max performance the higher risk you get for a possible cutoff or loss of balance as the wheel can't keep up. And to you seem like more power available, might not be the same for a bigger person causing more wind drag resistance.

Perfect.  I'm 6'2, 200 pounds.  I've been testing and checking the motor limits thru the app.

2 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

I was at the Kingsong factory yesterday and saw first hand their dedication to Quality Control, especially with the KS16X. Their aim is to make EUC a first and last mile vehicle in the city.. 

BB4CCD2B-0B92-404B-981B-FAD93B243C79.jpeg

Nice!  Are they using the same tires on new production batches?

7 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Nice!  Are they using the same tires on new production batches?

The tire discussion is really confusing to them.. I recommended they use CYT, but thy said the no name brand they use for early production models are indeed made by thesame company that makes the CYT tire. They may switch to CTS

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

I was at the Kingsong factory yesterday and saw first hand their dedication to Quality Control, especially with the KS16X. Their aim is to make EUC a first and last mile vehicle in the city.. 

Could you give us some details about their process?

8 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

First, you've seen this, right?

I can nick pick but looks like they have a decent process. There are steps I personally wouldn’t skip at my home lab, but they get 80% of the way there.

Good to know the conformal coating wasn’t my imagination.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

Did they share anything more about seat and sidepanels deco options? Like eta more deco options and such? 

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

First, you've seen this, right?

Still waiting for this picture to appear.. slow WiFi here.. if you are on WeChat, you can send you videos from my Gotway group ride (that was an awesome experience) and the videos from the KS factory QA process .. WeChat ID is Afeezk 😁

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

The tire pattern in this photo looks like CYT H-5167. But i am no expert. Can @mrelwood confirm? thanks

10 hours ago, Tom D said:

"Hibiki!"  I just bought a case (6-bottles) of Hibiki Harmony.  Suntory hasn't shipped the stuff in nearly a year.  The islands received one large shipment and I'm told that's it for the year.  Now, this is REALLY off topic.  Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw you changed your account to Hibiki.  Good taste!

Ok, to get back on topic...Jason (and FedEx) says I should receive my 16X tomorrow, no later than 8:00PM.  I'll do FW update immediately.

Cheers :cheers: with Hibiki Harmony :roflmao:

btw, for those of you haven't got the 16X like you and @CampDylan. you might get lucky to have CYT H-5167 tire pre-installed by KS. (according to the KS factory photo posted above by Afeez Kay)

• Upvote 2

Just got a notice from FedEx mine will be here Thursday, I am so excited. I took off Friday to go on a nice long ride. :D

EDIT: FedEx updated to Friday, hopefully early. :) 

Edited by prasket
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Careful out there. Not saying it's the new firmware but the wheel cutout completely after hitting the top speed beeps/tiltback tonight. I am 750 miles deep on the 16x and never had cutout issues until today and I was riding on smooth flat ground. Gear up! 

20190820_192707.jpg

Is this firmware v1.5? 

• Upvote 1