KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

26 minutes ago, JT Tan said:

Thanks!

I didn't find any information that was similar to my issue.  After updating to 1.05, mine has a grind-like vibration when rolling between 2mph and full stop.  Doesn't seem to affect performance, but concerned this may be something I should tell eWheels about?  Also noticed my wheel likes to adjust to 2-3 degrees forward right after horizontal alignments.  It doesn't seem to get any my aggressive with the slant, but it's somewhat concerning.

Overall, still way more stable than the last 2 versions I rode on so far.  May take mine out for the weekly ride in San Francisco to stress test it.

That's literally my second post in my wheelog :) The feet tickling vibrations.

Edited by chrisjunlee

On 8/22/2019 at 10:03 PM, stephen said:

So i bought the 16x 😁😁

Well I've loved it from day one i have MSX for speed  i loved my ks16s but small battery , z10 is just incredible i love it , i needed something inbetween with range and i think the nikola is just ugly,  I've thought to long now and the little bugs is nothing to be bothered about , i think I've got a good selection of wheels to cover every riding situation , ks16x does it for me hence the purchase 👍👍

I think it will be a good wheel  somewhere inbetween the z10 and msx looking forward to receiving it 😊

You kept that quiet ;)

I'd like to meet up with you and R2 once I have a new wheel with better range also :)

Yesterday I went for a 25 mile ride on V1.01 so I can get a good feel of the wheel before I did the update. This morning I rode 15 miles on V1.05 and I must say, bravo kingsong! They unleashed the beast within. It’s very responsive now with a lot of torque and the braking is on point. I’m not sure how they did it but the gyro effect is toned down some. It could be just me but it does feel differently from yesterday’s ride.

Anyway good job kingsong!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

You kept that quiet ;)

I'd like to meet up with you and R2 once I have a new wheel with better range also :)

I don't receive it till 2 weeks ago been well😊😊 ,, yes I'm available anytime

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

I don't receive it till 2 weeks ago been well😊😊 ,, yes I'm available anytime

Thanks, I have a load off stuff up for sale on ebay so I think I'll have the money for as KS18XL very shortly, I sold the V5F just over a week ago and it is driving me up the wall being without a wheel.

I did consider the 16x but kinda want an 18 incher this time some my heart is set on a 18XL then I'd possibly like a smaller wheel for short trips locally - something like the V8 would be ideal.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Yeah, but the best remedy is understanding the limits of an euc. TBH this wheel was not designed to go 50km/h sustained. And if the wheel is giving beeps/tiltback, you keep on going and then you crash hard ... well .... 

Not wanting to be too harsh, but if I recall correctly this is his first wheel and he has been riding for what, 3 weeks, and already after 2-3 days was riding 50km/h on tiltback?

Sounds like overconfidence to me.

Totally agree ! 

1 hour ago, GyroRideRz said:

Guys, this is exactly for avorting this kind of drama that i've created theses gloves :  https://www.gyroriderz.com/products/gants-gyroriderz-avec-protege-poignets-integree

I would buy them right now. Can you send them to Tampa Florida USA? FYI  I can’t understand the language at all on that website. :-)

Edited by Patton250

38 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

As some of you may know, I made a fast charger adaptor for my KS16X a few months back. I have fast chargers that i use for my Escooters, so why pay money to buy more chargers? They all work the same, you just have to get the polarity right.

I mated a voltmeter(calibrated using multimeter) to the adaptor, mine is a Gx16-3 to Lenovo adaptor. I've also made a couple of Gx16-4 to Lenovo adaptors for my friends so they can re-use their fast chargers they purchased for their gotways.

Can you please start a separate topic + tutorial, complete with recommended chargers? This is something that's just a bit daunting, especially since power bricks are such a throwaway commodity.

8 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I would buy them right now. Can you send them to Tampa Florida USA? FYI  I can’t understand the language at all on that website. :-)

Motorcycle gloves offer more protection, and you have more options for fit and sizing IMHO

Edited by chrisjunlee

4 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Can you please start a separate topic + tutorial, complete with recommended chargers? This is something that's just a bit daunting, especially since power bricks are such a throwaway commodity.

Motorcycle gloves offer more protection, and you have more options for fit and sizing IMHO

Perhaps but they don’t have the wrist protection in them.  I have searched absolutely everywhere. Do you have a better suggestion? I’m all ears my friend. Thanks 

9 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

3 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Perhaps but they don’t have the wrist protection in them.  I have searched absolutely everywhere. Do you have a better suggestion? I’m all ears my friend. Thanks 

Indeed. Yes they offer more protection as they can support slides at much higher speeds, but it's the combination of leather for abrasion resistance with the wrist protector that is the key selling point here. But there is a separate topic for this.

12 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I made the adaptor from an escooter shop

owned by a friend of mine in Singapore. We have been riding escooters for years and voltmeters are used for checking voltage on the go.  

Bascially u need to be able to wire the correct polarity to the Lenovo port. The voltmeter is nice to have but isn’t necessary.  

21 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Hi :-)

Yes i can !

If you need help send me an email at contact@gyroriderz.com i will try to help you :)

10 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Indeed. Yes they offer more protection as they can support slides at much higher speeds, but it's the combination of leather for abrasion resistance with the wrist protector that is the key selling point here. But there is a separate topic for this.

Exactly ! this is the important point, it a real fusion of both :D

10 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

I made the adaptor from an escooter shop

owned by a friend of mine in Singapore. We have been riding escooters for years and voltmeters are used for checking voltage on the go.  

Bascially u need to be able to wire the correct polarity to the Lenovo port. The voltmeter is nice to have but isn’t necessary.  

Are you selling them 😊

Edited by stephen

49 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

Anyway, i decided to test this theory of the diode being a "gate" of sorts. When i got home, i plugged in my stock 16X charger to one port, and then i plugged the adaptor to the other port(without fast charger), and lo and behold, i got a reading!

This means the gate is open when you charge and the voltage can be measured.And since there is a reading on the voltmeter, it would mean that the polarity is 99% correct.

The ”gate” doesn’t have to be ”open” for the measure to show up in your test. The two charge ports are just hard wired in parallel, so essentially you just measured the other charger before the protection diode.

49 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

I took the plunge and connected my fast charger to the adaptor, and then plugged it in........

I think measuring the voltage/polarity directly from the original KS charger and comparing to the readings from the fast charger would be simpler, and would make you 100% certain before plugging in the fast charger.

8 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Those gloves look identical to the Hillbilly Wrist Guard Gloves, that have been available for years as both full and half finger variety, in four sizes. I’ve been using mine for a few years now. The full finger Hillbillies don’t work with a touch screen though, that’s a great improvement.

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Those gloves look identical to the Hillbilly Wrist Guard Gloves, that have been available for years as both full and half finger variety, in four sizes. I’ve been using mine for a few years now. The full finger Hillbillies don’t work with a touch screen though, that’s a great improvement.

Dude, i know the hillbilly and i can tell you it's not at all ! Some people having some hillbilly, after try these one buy it instantly as there are just better. 

Very confortable, touchscreen finger and a very efficient wrist protection. I hope some of the guys who buy some will make some review then you will understand that there is no comparison possible :)

Edited by GyroRideRz

2 minutes ago, GyroRideRz said:

Dude, i know the hillbilly and i can tell you it's not at all ! Some people having some hillbilly, after try these one buy it instantly as there are just better. 

Very confortable, touchscreen finger and a very efficient wrist protection. I hope some of the guys who buy some will make some review then you will understand that there is no comparison possible :)

If you send me a pair, I can do a detailed video review and comparison. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

If you send me a pair, I can do a detailed video review and comparison. :)

You can order one :)

If you are not satisfied you will get a refund within 7 days :)

and i would had something you will probably confirm : 

Handling things wearing the hillbilly is quite annoying because you feel like you have a bigger hand.  Not this problem with mine !

Edited by GyroRideRz