KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

@Mike Sacristan you can torture yourself with that tire if you want to but if you want instant more control and lots of fun just put on the CST, just saying. :D

I have mine on for about 300km now and it performs so much better than the stock tire, and past 35kmh the gyro feel kicks in a little if you are looking for that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Cant wait for an updated review once you've had chance to ride it 👍👍 congratulations 😊

Thanks! I did 30km on it today. It took me around 5km to warm up and now I am totally fine with it and loving it.
Tomorrow it will rain most of the day but I am sure I can get some night riding done.
Congratulations on ordering one! You will love it!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chrisjunlee said:

Oh wow, your wife speaks just like you xD

Got yours quick - didn’t you just order it yesterday?

I guess that's what happens when you are with someone for 15 years. :efee612b4b:

I ordered it on Monday and yes it was a quick delivery. Couldn't be happier! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

@Mike Sacristan you can torture yourself with that tire if you want to but if you want instant more control and lots of fun just put on the CST, just saying. :D

I have mine on for about 300km now and it performs so much better than the stock tire, and past 35kmh the gyro feel kicks in a little if you are looking for that.

Haha. I'm a glutton for punishment you know. I am enjoying the awkward feel for now. Time will tell!

• Like 2

I made a normal ride today, no hard downhell race like yesterday, and i was watching my temperature the whole time.

Because yesterday when i tortured it the wheel wasn’t going over 47C. Which i thought was pretty low for that kind of riding. Before the 1.05 update the wheel was around 50-52C when doing normal riding.

Today i was riding pretty quick but no torture and the wheel was constantly at 43C, no matter what i did.

fan didn’t kick in the whole ride.

i mean does it run cooler because of the update or what. :huh:

Does anybody else experience that

Edited by RoadRunner
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

My 16X arrived today. Wife no like. Me like. Wife take MSX. We ride.

I like Monica's reaction :laughbounce2: Not exactly a ringing endorsement ;)

Looks like you've started down the path to being a wheel collector :thumbup:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Thanks! I did 30km on it today. It took me around 5km to warm up and now I am totally fine with it and loving it.
Tomorrow it will rain most of the day but I am sure I can get some night riding done.
Congratulations on ordering one! You will love it!

Ride in the rain for us. Test the mudguard for us. :popcorn:

• Like 2

And another funky gimmick occurred today.

As i was charging this morning the green leds on the wheel where on pulsating upwards one by one til it was full, didnt have that before the Update.

Right now i am charging again and no more green lights but the brake lights are flashing. :laughbounce2:

Oh well at least it doesn’t get boring. :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I like Monica's reaction :laughbounce2: Not exactly a ringing endorsement ;)

Looks like you've started down the path to being a wheel collector :thumbup:

I tried to buy an MCM5 but they were out of stock so I went for the 16X.
Now that both Monika and I ride ~1600Wh wheels we will see where it goes.
She really likes the 18XL but I have to say I do prefer the MSX. She also tried an ACM once and really liked it. But not the Tesla.
Who knows maybe she will struggle on long cruises. And long cruises is what it's all about for me.

2 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

And another funky gimmick occurred today.

As i was charging this morning the green leds on the wheel where on pulsating upwards one by one til it was full, didnt have that before the Update.

Right now i am charging again and no more green lights but the brake lights are flashing. :laughbounce2:

Same here... brake lights flashing while charging. No other lights pulsating though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sparetire55 said:

Mine came with 2 fuses. Both were green and I think they were 30a. Looked like the small automotive fuses that are about the size of a fingernail.

Thanks for the info.  And while packing everything back up to take it home, I found the 2 green fuses hiding in the plastic bag that the charger was in.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

35 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Same here... brake lights flashing while charging. No other lights pulsating though.

Count me in for the "Brake lights flashing while charging" club!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Well I'm back to riding my 16X after my nasty crash. The funny thing is I can't ride my motorcycle now since both of my hands have roadrash so the wheel gets the nod for commuting until I'm healed from the wheel injuries hahah. The push is on for 1000 miles :roflmao:

20190822_092501.jpg

Hope you can recover soon!
It's safe that not push the pedal when pedal is fully tilt back when battery below 50% or when the max speed is reducing.

50 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

What a great video. Such nice people you are. Thanks man 

Thanks man what a nice thing to say! I really appreciate it.
I'm pretty sure that if she gave the 16X a chance it would grow on her. It's such a fun flowy wheel.
Like riding a bar of soap in a giant bathtub. Weeeeeeeeeeeee.... :roflmao:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

BUT, it takes about 200 miles to appreciate it AND it takes maybe 400 miles for the tire to break in and soften a bit.

That’s the point for me, i don’t want to ride 200-400 miles to get used to a tire.

After 3 weeks strictly riding the X i hopped on my XL and it was hard to ride it because of the non gyro feel, don’t like that either.

The stock tire just doesn’t fit me and my style of riding, if everybody else likes it good, i don’t.

And if i get a hand on the chaoyang i will try that as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I tried to buy an MCM5 but they were out of stock so I went for the 16X.
Now that both Monika and I ride ~1600Wh wheels we will see where it goes.
She really likes the 18XL but I have to say I do prefer the MSX. She also tried an ACM once and really liked it. But not the Tesla.
Who knows maybe she will struggle on long cruises. And long cruises is what it's all about for me.

Firmware bug, brake light will be off in next version. :(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, chrisjunlee said:

I have 1000 km on the 16X, stock tire. And I also got the Nikola 100V in. 

I see what people mean by the nimbleness of the CST - but there are benefits to the gyro tire. 

It's the same tradeoff between 2" vs 3" width tires.  I find it odd that people want the nimbleness of the CST, yet they went with a 3" tire.

The 16X stock tire is great, BUT, it takes about 200 miles to appreciate it AND it takes maybe 400 miles for the tire to break in and soften a bit.

One example of why I love the gyro effect: on the Nikola 100V, CST tire, I was going 50 kmh, and I casually flicked my ankle up and out to stretch it. That was a mistake - a brown pants moment. On the 16X, you could do the same and still remain rock solid. And I don't see any tradeoffs in response - the 16X is so nimble once you get past the adjustment stage.

Please, which wheel do you prefer?  16x or Nikola?  Also, what speed do you go on your 16x?  I read you went 50kmh on you Nikola.

I'm a 16x owner and agree about the stock tire.  It gets better as time goes on.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

Firmware bug, brake light will be off in next version. :(

Hi Michael,

I think the indicative lights for charging status will be good. At least it show us that the unit is charging and likewise it will be good to indicate full charged with a permanent light instead of just flashing constantly. 

rgds

P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulSG said:

from what i observed, the bug on the brake light during charging is due to the light sensor. when i cover the light sensor, the brake lights will flash. 

Just checked and indeed shine a light on yr sensor when charging and flashing stops

• Like 1

7 hours ago, buell47 said:

Just try the 3.1.4 from the Kingsong website. 

Installed right now, opened and registered without any problems on Android 9 (Samsung Galaxy Note 8) 

Tomorrow I can test it also on the new Galaxy Note 10+ :D

Thanks... Just installed the 3.14. FYI, had to uninstall 3.13 before, 3.14 installation was successful.