KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

4 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

Thanks, I have a load off stuff up for sale on ebay so I think I'll have the money for as KS18XL very shortly

That's why speedyfeet is good you can just pay interest free till you get the money then just pay it off when you can👍

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Perhaps but they don’t have the wrist protection in them.  I have searched absolutely everywhere. Do you have a better suggestion? I’m all ears my friend. Thanks 

If you really need wrist reinforcement, then full gauntlet gloves are the way to go - I've crashed in them at track speeds, and they worked wonderfully. 

For my own needs, I'm fine with perforated short cut leather gloves. I have the short version of these:

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/alpinestars-stella-sp-1-gloves/

They fit me like a glove, and they work with touchscreens. And the dexterity is amazing.

But don't miss my main point: for moto gloves, you have 10x the selection, all a cut above the flimsy one size fit all skater stuff.

Interesting feature:)

When charging the wheel my beaklights always goes on, either blinking or keeping the red light. Plus, the BT auto connects to my phone and everything sound wise is broadcasted to the wheel(while charging).

Today I wanted to shut the lights off so I pushed the on off button once or twice but instead the battery indicator lights turned on. During this process fortunately the gyro was not turned on, so it was in a “half awake status”

I hade set my charger to only charge to 90%. I was standing next to it. Just now, as soon as the charger finished showing 0.00 on both Amp and Voltage , chargers fan shut off(as it should) and at the same time the wheels gyro turned on and a very very quiet fan inside the wheel is on at the same time :)

Is there a way to have the wheel completely off while charging?

0CA70C0A-771F-4A62-91E2-2A002C33152A.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Azze80 said:

Interesting feature:)

When charging the wheel my beaklights always goes on, either blinking or keeping the red light. Plus, the BT auto connects to my phone and everything sound wise is broadcasted to the wheel(while charging).

Today I wanted to shut the lights off so I pushed the on off button once or twice but instead the battery indicator lights turned on. During this process fortunately the gyro was not turned on, so it was in a “half awake status”

I hade set my charger to only charge to 90%. I was standing next to it. Just now, as soon as the charger finished showing 0.00 on both Amp and Voltage , chargers fan shut off(as it should) and at the same time the wheels gyro turned on and a very very quiet fan inside the wheel is on at the same time :)

0CA70C0A-771F-4A62-91E2-2A002C33152A.jpeg

I actually like the fact that Bluetooth is turn on when the wheel is off. 

I hope this feature remains 

Edited by Garrie Lim

1 minute ago, Garrie Lim said:

I actually like the fact that Bluetooth is turn on when the wheel is off. 

I hope this feature remains 

No problem:)

but I would like to have the option so that I don’t awake my entire family as “Megatron rises “ 😆

19 minutes ago, Azze80 said:

but I would like to have the option so that I don’t awake my entire family as “Megatron rises “ 😆

I think you just need to close your app. If u leave it in the background, when u charge your wheel and the bt connects, then it starts beeping. 

Edited by Garrie Lim
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Azze80 said:

I don't have bluetooth on.. so I thought I would be spared.

6 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

I think you just need to close your app. If u leave it in the background, when u charge your wheel and the bt connects, then it starts beeping. 

When I plug in the charger my cat and my wife get informed that BLUEHTOOTH IS OFF. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Garrie Lim said:

True but that does not affect the lights.

i had the BT off today(other times not when I don’t remember to disable it).

Just would be an easy feature to have the option to have everything turned off... lights etc while charging ... for those who want.

Maybe I’m old school and think that it is good if the wheel gets its rest once in a while. This is not a problem,  it’s only on my wish list.

3 minutes ago, Azze80 said:

True but that does not affect the lights.

i had the BT off today(other times not when I don’t remember to disable it).

Just would be an easy feature to have the option to have everything turned off... lights etc while charging ... for those who want.

Maybe I’m old school and think that it is good if the wheel gets its rest once in a while. This is not a problem,  it’s only on my wish list.

It would be great if everything could be toggled on/off. My wheels are in my extra room. We have a yoga mat there, computers, a desk, etc.
I would prefer that it not turn into a nightclub while charging my wheel.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Azze80 said:

Today I wanted to shut the lights off so I pushed the on off button once or twice

This is where you happened to set the wheel to turn on once the charger is removed. Short button press turns the wheel on but the motor stays off when charging.

46 minutes ago, Azze80 said:

I just repeated this with my 16X and original charger. Charger was sending trickle to the 16X. 16X "fully charged" and charger showing green LED.
I did a short press of the power button, LEDs on the wheel turned on, another short press, front light turned on. Removed charger. Motor turned on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azze80 said:

The only way I know of is to wait for a firmware update. KS does know about this issue, as one of their enployees replied on another saying that it will be fixed.

• Upvote 1

Silly question for those who don't charge the wheel when they aren't near. So you are charging it and sitting in the same room, and then it catches fire. What are you going to do?

TBH the only really safe solution is to charge it outside.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Silly question for those who don't charge the wheel when they aren't near. So you are charging it and sitting in the same room, and then it catches fire. What are you going to do?

I charge mine mostly at work. My boss is ok with that. 

When I most I charge mine in the hallway. Not Ideal but I never sleep while doing it. And I always have the door open to what room I am in. So if something odd happens I can hear and smell it. 

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

this is how it works on KS18L and I expect same with KS16X once I get my hands on it.

How is it that @Mike Sacristan a week ago decided to get a 16X and it arrives a few days later? And you preordered yours months ago and it still hasn’t arrived yet. A true example of “life isn’t fair sometimes”. I think your next purchase should be where Mike gets his wheels. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

It’s funny you mention that. Last night I was going to charge mine in my garage but I am unplugged it and decided to wait until this morning. The thought of a fire does worry me some. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

It’s funny you mention that. Last night I was going to charge mine in my garage but I am unplugged it and decided to wait until this morning. The thought of a fire does worry me some. 

Yeah but the problem is once the fire starts you won't be able to:

- move the wheel outside

- extinguish it

So I would say that a smoke detector will help you as much as babysitting it. Once it goes in flames it's too late to do anything. You can't extinguish a Lithium fire. You can only contain it and wait for the reaction to finish.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ir_fuel said:

Yeah but the problem is once the fire starts you won't be able to:

- move the wheel outside

- extinguish it

So I would say that a smoke detector will help you as much as babysitting it. Once it goes in flames it's too late to do anything. You can't extinguish a Lithium fire. You can only contain it and wait for the reaction to finish.

I place all my wheels and scooters against a blank wall without any combustible materials nearby. So if it does catch fire, the hope is that ill get smoke and a burnt wall at most. 

The danger is when we park our wheels near cupboards or easily

combustible materials.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Garrie Lim said:

I place all my wheels and scooters against a blank wall without any combustible materials nearby. So if it does catch fire, the hope is that ill get smoke and a burnt wall at most. 

That's smart.

Unfortunately for a lot of people this is simply impractical.