KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

I have small side to side shaking (sometimes)and small “bump-feelings” when riding. My recommendation is to check how well the tire and inner tubes are placed. 

Here is my KS16x (love it), I lift it and let the wheel/tire spin freely.

Unfortunately I did not have a good camera(front face IP X) and I did not run it in slow motion, but when holding the body of the wheel I can feel the shaking and also se the “non rounded places” of the tire that result in this behavior. I also should have stayed and let it spin at one pace, for at 10-15kmph to make it more visual.

Fix, empty the air and massage carefully the tire and place it correctly in line with the rim while refilling it!

Good Luck 👍🏻 😉

Don’t forget to lower the sound:), the beeps are awful.

Edited by Azze80
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Azze80 said:

Fix, empty the air and massage carefully the tire and place it correctly in line with the rim while refilling it!

So does it ride better now? 

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Ha! You’re younger than I thought... I would’ve suggested Win 95! :roflmao:

Windows 2.0... 

Or if we talk hw, Texas Instruments TI-99/4A

TI-994A.png

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So does it ride better now? 

I’ve wanted to do this since we spoke last time but have had so much work to do and the only free time I’ve had, guess what I did?  Cruise and ride 😎

Since this is not a dealbreaker or a big issue I haven’t taken the time for it. 

Tomorrow I’ll give you an update😉🕺.

I’m 100% sure it will be worth doing .

2 hours ago, Azze80 said:

I have small side to side shaking (sometimes)and small “bump-feelings” when riding. My recommendation is to check how well the tire and inner tubes are placed.

Your tire offset is indeed very minor. Those are usually indistinguishable during riding. Re-centering the tire should definitely fix your’s. Larger offsets may sometimes be a bigger issue.

2 hours ago, fryman said:

Commodore 64

Ah the times, C=64! :lol:

Just to make sure, my suggestion wasn’t my first one, but the first I used for work...

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 1:44 AM, chrisjunlee said:

I would recommend reading through my 16X wheelog. I cover this in my first post, and other surprises you might hit :)

Do you have a link to where it is?  I can't seem to find it.  I'm also not familiar with how to read my wheellog.  I took one from my ride, but not sure what I'm looking for to indicate why my EUC would vibrate so noticable when slowing to a stop and when tilted too far to the side.

I’ve been gone all week and finally got home. I updated the firmware. I’m still not getting a battery percentage reading in the King Song App. I do in wheel log but not Darkness Bot or the KS app.  Updating the firmware was quick and easy with no issues. 

54 minutes ago, JT Tan said:

Do you have a link to where it is?  I can't seem to find it.  I'm also not familiar with how to read my wheellog.  I took one from my ride, but not sure what I'm looking for to indicate why my EUC would vibrate so noticable when slowing to a stop and when tilted too far to the side.

The links in my signature

Edited by chrisjunlee

42 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

Just got my wheel... updated FW to 1.05, but couldn't start the Horizontal Calibration. 

20190823_154147.jpg

That is because the further south you are the more you need to compensate by tilting it to the left... To make it right. 😜

Sorry, joke aside. You did unlock the wheel with KS app already right? 

I do recommend only to have 1 app for EUC running at any given time. Meaning force quitting the one you don't use. 

Also should use the absolute latest version of the app from KS website, unless they got it in the app stores now. 

Some have reported they needed to logout the KS app and have to login again, before changes could be applied. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonFZ said:

Just got my wheel... updated FW to 1.05, but couldn't start the Horizontal Calibration. 

20190823_154147.jpg

Congrats!

You might have to reboot a few times (I did). Also try lying it on it’s side just like you did when performing the FW update and turn it on. Flip it back to the horizontal position, go into calibration mode and hit confirm. It take a few seconds. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patton250 said:

I’ve been gone all week and finally got home. I updated the firmware. I’m still not getting a battery percentage reading in the King Song App. I do in wheel log but not Darkness Bot or the KS app.  Updating the firmware was quick and easy with no issues. 

So is this normal?

58 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

So is this normal?

I could be wrong, but I think someone said it's working in the newest Android app.  But I think iOS hasn't released the latest version yet.

Hopefully I can prep my wheel tonight for some learning test runs over the weekend.  This work thing is cutting into my fun time.

• Like 1

The update is only for the wheel. The update for the KS app hasn’t been released for iOS yet. 

Darknessbot works but you have to go into the “Settings”, then into “Device” make sure you flip the switch for “84V battery” and then “Battery Capacity” set size to 1555 wh.

• Like 1

Had dramas unlocking speed 

New firmware installed 1.05

Registered with my Ozzie mob No 

As per pics is what i got and stuck at 20Kph

Had to use email in the end to register and and use China as location now unlocked 50KPH happy days

🤗🤩

Screenshot_20190824-074052_Kingsong.jpg

Screenshot_20190824-074240_Kingsong.jpg

Screenshot_20190824-074437_Kingsong.jpg

• Upvote 2

Ride KS-16X too much, it's too flexible in turning than KS-18XL. This morning, ride KS-18XL, the edge of Pedal hit a stone cylinder when making a turn, and my Samsung Note 8 fly 2 meter distance. i suppose this screen shall be in pieces. But it is not broken into pieces.

JPEG_20190824_121041_.jpg

Edited by Micheal Shen
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Micheal Shen said:

Ride KS-16X too much, it's too flexible in turning than KS-18XL. This morning, ride KS-18XL, the edge of Pedal hit a stone cylinder when making a turn, and my Samsung Note 8 fly 2 meter distance. i suppose this screen shall be in pieces. But it is not broken into pieces.

JPEG_20190824_121041_.jpg

Yep it's very agile has throw me twice on tight turns 

Coming from MSX I'm not surprised but enjoying the moment of uncertainty till mastered

9 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

The links in my signature

Thanks!

I didn't find any information that was similar to my issue.  After updating to 1.05, mine has a grind-like vibration when rolling between 2mph and full stop.  Doesn't seem to affect performance, but concerned this may be something I should tell eWheels about?  Also noticed my wheel likes to adjust to 2-3 degrees forward right after horizontal alignments.  It doesn't seem to get any my aggressive with the slant, but it's somewhat concerning.

Overall, still way more stable than the last 2 versions I rode on so far.  May take mine out for the weekly ride in San Francisco to stress test it.

• Upvote 1