Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Very nice, 4p setup, smart bms, I was not holding my breath to be honest, but this looks like a real next gen euc. I only now wish for a solid prοduction line, well done kingsong. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I hope it is not another $3k+ wheel. If it is in the $2500 range I can talk my wife into it (xmas/festivus & 2022 birthday/father's day present LOL).

EvX was just on the stream with Black Cobra and he said it would be a little below $3k. Considering that he's presenting the wheel tomorrow, I assume he's trustworthy on that. Lol @ the price tag of the gotway Hero in comparison. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unbihexium said:

EvX was just on the stream with Black Cobra and he said it would be a little below $3k

Damnit.

Maybe building a functional suspension for a EUC is very expensive, IDK... 

Edited by gon2fast

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Marketing and design isnt my worry. Build standards and price are. I want to be impressed but remain reluctant. I'll be waiting and watching how it goes for those with money to toss at the gamble. Lord I hope theres some REALLY picky and pessimistic people with reviews coming. Maybe next spring it'll be about that time....

@mrelwood a killer 18L last revision, quality wheel. You know, the design with proper cable mangement and internal battery box protection. With upgraded trolley and pedals. For build quality, I think the 18L set the bar. Maybe not in specs nowadays, but man that build is great.

As arguably the pickiest person in this industry... I got you bro!

-M

I think this could be a really good wheel, here are my analysis.

First I have to point out that 18",19" and 20" wheels in the past has had same rim size so I estimate that it will be the same for S20.

Lets compare some:

RS HT - 100,4V(24s) @ about 56km/h -> S20 - 126V(30s) @ about 70 km/h (Maybe C38 magnets since the speed increase by same as voltage which is about 25%)

RS HT - 24s4p = ~1800Wh -> S20 - 30s4p = ~2220Wh (none of them are exact correct Wh from supplier but about 25% increase)

S18 - 100 mm suspension travel -> S20 - 130 mm suspension travel

RS - 100,4V @3A = ~300w charging  -> S20 - 126V @ 10A = ~1260W (10A/4p = 2,5A/cell charging is kind of high)

Pro:

1. Battery 30s4p could give good power and the boxes looks solid! 

2. Great suspension travel to protect the rim and give nicest ride on bumps. (S18 seems to have the best suspension of last generation which is a good start)

3. Maybe Begode HT torque with HS Speed

4. It has nothing sticking down below the pedals to hit.

5. Including seat, studded pedals and pads. 

6. Design seems good, Pedal hanger + suspension + motor controller box seems to be mounted to the battery box to save parts. (could be good for weight and robustness)

Cons:

1. Fender is long back which is really good but only on the outside of the tire, debris will be going out on the sides in the back. Front of the fender seems to stop inside the wheel which could mean debris will go on the rider.

2. It will probably have the highest pedals of all wheels which is good for clearance but it could be bad for stability. 

3. Maybe long time until delivery since it is only a render so maybe far from final product, hope to se prototype soon.

4. First 126V wheel, I think it is a bit scary when they increase voltage due to higher isolation is required everywhere. If any electrical component or insulation is missed then the lifespan could be shortened.

This is my best guess from the video stated above. 

• Mango changed the title to Kingsong S20 (Confirmed)
9 minutes ago, EMA said:

i heard about 36kg , 30kg it's simply impossible

30 is unlikely, but certainly possible. Apparently, the custom hollow-bore motor is relatively light (maybe it's due to aluminum alloy brackets?), which would be the main source of weight savings. Perhaps, the stock tire is light as well

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)
  • RagingGrandpa locked and unlocked this topic