Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 hour ago, Heyzeus said:

Looking at the design more, one advantage I see of this pulled back/exposed front shell is that it doesn't get in the way of the front of the wheel so this wheel might actually be relatively easy to trolley up and down stairs rather than carry if the wheel has the right tread and can grip the stair well.

Is the sherman easy to trolley up stairs, the s20 is similarly exposed?

It doesn't work like that, the tire will spin if you try to trolley it up stairs without any load on it, fortunately it seems to have many places you can grab it and carry though.

7 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

the tire will spin if you try to trolley it up stairs without any load on it

not on latest s18 firmware (2.07), the wheel will not spin, it will only give enouph force to get it up the step. 

38 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

What's so vulnerable about it?

The suspension linkage in particular looks like it would be vulnerable to being bent/damaged if it took a tumble, has the s18 had issues with the linkage getting damaged in crashes, it's pretty similar I guess but I haven't followed it closesly.  Like I said though, it's a sport bike, if you crashed a sport bike at 20mph it would probably be f'd up too and cost more to fix than this. So...just don't crash it at high speed I guess, lol

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Check the 3rd to last image here, it's an animation of the trolley handle: https://www.kingsongs20.com/specifications

Well spotted! Odd that they've chosen an MSX style handle design. I'd of preferred it if the "seat" tilted up and acted as a handle. If it is a seat then it will be interesting how the display lighting will highlight the riders crotch area as they ride along emphasising how manly it is to be riding an EUC.

• Like 2

What's everyone's opinion on the battery. This should be a 4p arrangement with the LG cell realistically outputting 10A

Therefore the battery can provide 40A total. I think the Sherman is nearer 100A? 

Some efficiency gain at 126v vs 100v though.

• Like 1

I feel like it's been the best news of 2021 so far. (I know, still on paper, but) it has everything I ever wanted from a wheel. I think this is a pivotal moment in the history. Man, I am so exited! (Yeah, wife's approval is to work on...) 

The only thing I didn't see was any IP rating or just a general statement on weather proofing - does anyone know?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, itsmark said:

I noticed the pedals seem to hit the power pads when they are folded up. I am fine with this as long as the pedals have some way of staying up even though they aren't flush with the side of the wheel. It would bother me though if they don't stay put and just flop around instead.

Capture.PNG.9ae787ab2a3eacfedccb20dcaa3e8081.PNG

Id suspect this is at the lowest pad setting? Pads that low are typically in 'jump block' range. Kingsong is pretty good for details in design, so I'd bet they stay up in most uses. Well, that is if the BUILD is anywhere near the blueprints. Whats with that tire? Lets see some knobby choices. Not that Im an off roader, but its better to have more room than less.  Im not adverse to a cruising street machine with suspension. Toss me a true quality 40mph (with headroom) 18XL with suspension and I cant help but contemplate.... If only that damn OTHER fiasco hadnt just happened to me..:( Let me check.. yup, no jar with my n*tz on the shelf. No wife in my $$ affairs... hmmm. Nope, still not gna roll the dice. Cmon @gon2fast order one, beat it up, send it over and together we can see if itll hold up to standard abuse!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Id suspect this is at the lowest pad setting?

Its actually at the highest position, against the boomerang thing. IDK if the boomerang thing can be moved higher or not and, like you said, the actual wheel may not be exactly like the render. (the pic is from https://www.kingsongs20.com/specifications - the spiked pedals gif)

Just now, itsmark said:

Its actually at the highest position, against the boomerang thing. IDK if the boomerang thing can be moved higher or not and, like you said, the actual wheel may not be exactly like the render. (the pic is from https://www.kingsongs20.com/specifications - the spiked pedals gif)

oh wow. that is odd. Of course, it IS a two pad design and I was thinking more just single power pad design. I didnt realize its still a render. Do they not have an actual product photo yet, or is it still in 'design/build' phase? It makes me wonder if preorder sales propel these new wheels, AS they are being finalized. You know, like kickstarters?

31 minutes ago, spitfire1337 said:

Jack stated in the evx stream that they're confident in their water proofing but is unsure if kingsong themselves will fork out for an actual ip rating certification.

Oh, that's perfect. Yeah, I kinda expect they would cover everything - it looks like KingSong made a solid effort to match everyone's wishlist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

Any idea as to when we might see a demo on video

My feeling is we won't see anything until late September at the earliest based on EvX/Cobra/Jack's webcast. Unless Jack decides to publish some of his early pre-prototype stuff. Or if he burns up an S20 on his hill!

Edited by Tawpie
fix misspelled word
  • Like 1

The integrated kickstand is useful, but it would be great if that entire assembly can be removed. I say that because I am either riding or trolleying my wheels (stored on stands). Plus, the amount of times my V11 has tipped over while on its kickstand gives me stomach pains.

Edited by gon2fast

5 hours ago, shure2 said:

What's everyone's opinion on the battery. This should be a 4p arrangement with the LG cell realistically outputting 10A

Therefore the battery can provide 40A total. I think the Sherman is nearer 100A? 

The battery cell current rating is for continuous load, they can provide much more for short bursts.

14 minutes ago, Crooznfbroozn said:

"The ultimate off-road wheel". With useless city tires.. Lol.

Jack mentioned three tires they are still undecided which to choose from (or which they can get their hands on): H-666, K-262, and K-340, none of them being a “useless city tire”. All images we’ll see for the next 3 weeks are 3D renders only, since the wheel hasn’t yet been built.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

Love the concept. It seems like an aluminium battery compartment with pedals attached to the bottom and control board to the top suspended over an aluminium wheel support saddle/bracket via a multi-link shock. It might end up lighter than people imagine.

It would be nice tho' if there was an easy way to reduce suspension travel for road riding so as to lower pedals, CoG and increase stability when you don't need 5 inches of travel.

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)