Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Features and price like, seems as a quality KS didn't prove, they can attain.

For a price about 3k usd, the quality must be on automobile level. Don't think these guys even know what this means.

Max load 120kg :cry2::cry2: Im out 🐷🐷:shock2::crying::crying:.

I think there is many riders outside world who with charger/gear/backpack can hit 120kg 260pounds easily.

Maybee just get out suspension add cage and 800+Wh  and increase limit to 150kg 330lbs like sherman do/have.  

I must say, they sure do know how to make a damn sexy looking wheel. Too sexy and it hurts WAY too much to knock the new off it. Fine line to walk for sure. I'm thinking $3k is at the top fringes of what the market SHOULD bear for any of these eucs. Its good to see the s20 isnt WAY outta line in this regard. Does it have built in music?  I'll be watching and hoping that perhaps its a real winner for certain styles and will be nearer the $2k mark in a gently used market next year. As a reference, I don't think the Sherman is worth more than $3k by any stretch of the imagination. Begode at $4k? Get real....:laughbounce2:

@itsmark i think he's referring to the SHOCK and how it protrudes from the rear without a lot of body protection. Fenders are typically a problem because they hug tires so closely and low spec rims combined with knobby tires = rubbing.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I must say, they sure do know how to make a damn sexy looking wheel. Too sexy and it hurts WAY too much to knock the new off it. Fine line to walk for sure. I'm thinking $3k is at the top fringes of what the market SHOULD bear for any of these eucs. Its good to see the s20 isnt WAY outta line in this regard. Does it have built in music?  I'll be watching and hoping that perhaps its a real winner for certain styles and will be nearer the $2k mark in a gently used market next year. As a reference, I don't think the Sherman is worth more than $3k by any stretch of the imagination. Begode at $4k? Get real....:laughbounce2:

@itsmark i think he's referring to the SHOCK and how it protrudes from the rear without a lot of body protection. Fenders are typically a problem because they hug tires so closely and low spec rims combined with knobby tires = rubbing.

No speakers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon Stern said:

No speakers.

Ah well, can't have it all. Its easier to add music than it is to reduce weight. I gotta quit reading this spec sheet or my hope overrides my common sense and my wallet gets too damn light. Cmon Shane, focus on it having no speakers and being unproven.... cmon Shane, you can wait it out....:facepalm:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I must say, they sure do know how to make a damn sexy looking wheel. Too sexy and it hurts WAY too much to knock the new off it.

I love the overall design of it, the only thing that off-putting to me is the bright red plastic 'accent' pieces. Make it look more like a toy for a 12 year old than an adult vehicle. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

off-putting to me is the bright red plastic 'accent' pieces

@Jack King Song says (paraphrasing): you can have any color, as long as it's red. Or... when you change the tire, paint it pink!

He mentioned that adding color options for the first batch complicates initial production, and this is a totally reasonable statement. Same goes for the tire, it'll be either the H666 or the Sherman knobby or the hybrid tire GW is shipping, but no options for sure in batch 1. I'm not a fan of the red either, but pink would tie in nicely with my circus bear tutu.

I'm very glad it's actually an 18" tire, not larger. Was worried about maneuverability.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 3

It's a 14" rim, which most (all?) of the 18" and 20" wheels have. It seems like stock this will have a 20" tire fitted, possibly the k262 knobby the sherman had as the knobby option, not sure for the street option. Plenty of aftermarket options as well, such as the Shinko 241/244.

• Like 2

This looks very cool, it also looks VERY vulnerable to crash damage.

I want to knock it a little bit compared to something like veteran's wheels which seem more durable to crash damage but I can't really.

This wheel is a sport bike basically. You would be hard pressed to crash a sport bike going more than 20 some mph probably and not have to do some serious repairs to get it drivable again.  So it may actually be more durable than a sport bike if the plastic components don't go flying everywhere and the battery compartments stay in tact.  However it is also more likely to crash obviously due to it's one wheeled nature.  I'm pleased that the display is recessed in case it takes a full tumble and if you leave the seat on you will have even more padding over the display/mobo area.

Perhaps some lightweight plastic crash panels sold separately that could be added to protect the sides of the wheel and act as crumple zones in a more serious crash where the wheel really goes tumbling would be nice for those who want to go offroading with it.  Talking like real light, cheap, easily replaceable like how you could replace the panels on some of the older king songs for relatively cheap.

To me this easily looks better than what begodeway has on offer with the hero(though the shell looks more durable on the hero at first take to me) and you don't necessarily have to wait two years to see how it plays out when it comes to fire safety risk because of King Song's record vs gotway.

I love this competition and seeing king song move more out of their past comfort zone and I'm excited to see how inmotion responds with the v13 and to see veterans eventual take on a suspension wheel.  Will they be able to hit a similar suspension performance/weight ratio while making the wheel more durable.  We'll see.

if this ships in a state that performs as claimed and isn't full of QC defects, then gold star to King Song but I reserve the right to retract my gold star if you f*** it up

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 2

Looking at the design more, one advantage I see of this pulled back/exposed front shell is that it doesn't get in the way of the front of the wheel so this wheel might actually be relatively easy to trolley up and down stairs rather than carry if the wheel has the right tread and can grip the stair well.

Is the sherman easy to trolley up stairs, the s20 is similarly exposed?

Edited by Heyzeus

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Ah well, can't have it all. Its easier to add music than it is to reduce weight. I gotta quit reading this spec sheet or my hope overrides my common sense and my wallet gets too damn light. Cmon Shane, focus on it having no speakers and being unproven.... cmon Shane, you can wait it out....:facepalm:

Go ahead and order it! You can buy stereo Bluetooth speakers the size and shape of a Skoal can that sound great. Just Velcro one on each side of the wheel. $35- $60 for the set. :efef77eaf5:

• Like 1

Sounds like it should fit the larger off road tires and it has 130mm of suspension travel. As long as the hollow bore motor/bearings can take an impact it sounds like this wheel should be a beast off-road. I've put my deposit in.

1 hour ago, Heyzeus said:

This looks very cool, it also looks VERY vulnerable to crash damage.

I want to knock it a little bit compared to something like veteran's wheels which seem more durable to crash damage but I can't really.

What's so vulnerable about it? It seems pretty barebones and robust, batteryboxes, suspension, top part with controller, bumper, no shell, seems like it could be pretty durable to me, the Sherman on the other hand the roll cage is not as protective as you think, it can detach from the shell and even deform, it's not super hard, an unfortunate hit on the sidepanels can cause damage to BMS, looks can be deceiving. 😊

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)