Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

3 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Based on all the leaked material there's very little that I don't like. Actually, can't really think of anything. Seem's like KS has implemented everything that we have asked. Good job, @Jack King Song. Hero has nothing to compete with this. V13 can still challenge this but Inmotion is going to have to hurry to make it for next spring. It is very likely that this will be my wheel for next summer. 

I agree, well done @Jack King Song

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoo said:

RS - 100,4V @3A = ~300w charging  -> S20 - 126V @ 10A

I’m pretty sure the RS can be charged with more than 3A. The included charger for the S20 was said to be 6A, but that is impressive as well.

1 hour ago, Scoo said:

S18 seems to have the best suspension of last generation which is a good start

Best suspension design only. The S20 suspension can be simply amazing if they don’t screw it up in manufacturing this time.

41 minutes ago, yoos said:

Key outtakes (emphasis mine):

The leaked specs of this wheel are absolutely amazing, no doubt about that. But we are still several months away from availability, all of the presented specs can still change, even drastically.

I noticed that the battery output voltage was mentioned as 90-126V. That would be down to 3.0V per cell, the same as 18XL. That would mean a killer range way past a GW/BG with the same battery capacity.

I would much rather see the battery capacity or even the PWM utilization in the display instead of speed. But it can hopefully be selected by the user.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

Edit: this is in response to @EMA regarding weight

I must disagree since motors are very heavy so there definitely is room for improvement there. From the ecodrift chats it follows that Kinsong intends to replace the motors of future batches of S18 with similar hollowbore motors and this will not only improve serviceability, waterproofing and specs but also reduce weight by 1 kg. Ecodrift has already seen and tested those upgraded motors and plans to publish something on this matter.

Edited by yoos
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I’m pretty sure the RS can be charged with more than 3A. The included charger for the S20 was said to be 6A, but that is impressive as well.

Yes, I forgot to write with included charger. Now @Yoos wrote that 6A will be inlcuded = 756w charging which is really good and 1.5A per cell which i think is good.

Best suspension design only. The S20 suspension can be simply amazing if they don’t screw it up in manufacturing this time.

Yes, Best suspension design :).

The leaked specs of this wheel are absolutely amazing, no doubt about that. But we are still several months away from availability, all of the presented specs can still change, even drastically.

I agree. 

My only by hearing hollow bore and seeing design with many components mounted to the battery casings I guess the weight will be around 34 KG.

Edited by Scoo

6 minutes ago, Tasku said:

Anyone found anything about how waterproof this is? Very tempting. 

Waterproofing will be very much OK. It is already good in S18 as batteries are sealed in individual ALU containers, and mainboard is on the top - this construction is basically the same 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Waterproofing will be very much OK. It is already good in S18 as batteries are sealed in individual ALU containers, and mainboard is on the top - this construction is basically the same 

I also think so, though ecodrift is concerned with the rather open design of the controller and the possible lack of ingress protection.

• Like 1

No Speakers hopefully doesn't mean this wheel will excessively beep in your face like other KS wheels. It really is the most infuriating thing about my KS16X.

I know the discussion to have a software update to stop those beeps was happening. But that thread is long dead. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yoos said:

I also think so, though ecodrift is concerned with the rather open design of the controller and the possible lack of ingress protection.

Controller in S18 is covered by the plastic "cap" so no chances for water ingress as long as the wheel stays vertical. In case it gets into the river - there is no protection for sure unless "homemade" by specialized team (mainly from Russia) to create "underwater" wheel - but keep in mind that each form of water protection decrease the heat emission - do hinders cooling.  I assume that on S20  transistors will be mounted on the main top chassis - so no active fan cooling needed - During over 4300km on S18 I had never any overheating issues.

• Like 2

King Song International Facebook Stories posting, just now!

240431136_242352604559163_84602963077933

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

BT speakers serve a couple of functions.

As well as a entertainment, music serves as a non aggressive, continuous, polite form of early warning to pedestrians within hearing range of the rider's presence.

A safety device disguised as innocuous music, especially useful when approaching people from behind.

Separate BT speakers are available, just a little more cumbersome to attach, operate....

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Paul A said:

BT speakers serve a couple of functions.

As well as a entertainment, music serves as a non aggressive, continuous, polite form of early warning to pedestrians within hearing range of the rider's presence.

A safety device disguised as innocuous music, especially useful when approaching people from behind.

Separate BT speakers are available, just a little more cumbersome to attach, operate...

This is not a polite form of warning in any other vehicle, why would it be such for EUCs?

• Like 1

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)
  • RagingGrandpa locked and unlocked this topic