Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

But you are, you are saying KS should magically invent new safety mechanisms that we don't already have and you argue for less options, I mean if they have a tilt-back that the user can select which speed they want it to tilt-back or disable it completely if they want, that would be a great option no? Same thing if the wheel can do 100kmh you don't personally have to go that fast but you will have plenty of margin for your personal style of riding.

The whole "I don't need this so you don't either" type of argumentation isn't constructive.

If the wheel doesn't go fast enough for you... don't buy it.

I am not saying Kingsong should magically do anything. What I have said isn't a hard concept to grasp. Increase operating voltage to lower operating current. Use the current headroom to increase the safety margin to reduce/eliminate cutoff.

I am not the one who invented the 126v rumour. So far, the 100v is the top and was apparently fine... all that I have said here is they will treat the wheel as if it's 100v in terms of performance and are using the extra voltage for extra headroom.

In regards to configurable tiltback... suxs. Kingsong ALEADY limit their wheels top speed. What I am suggesting isn't new as an idea. What is new is pushing it further than Kingsong do at the moment.

There isn't a shred of "I don't need this so you don't either". All I have done... once again. Is look at the 126v rumour and provided a reason as to why Kingsong have chosen it.

• Like 3

The coil suspension is interesting...hopefully they did their homework and offers replacement springs with different weights. But when setup right, the reliability and long service intervals are great on coil shocks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrH said:

Appears that they are going with a coil suspension based on this picture.

That would be awesome and would seriously consider this wheel. No more pumping up the shock. 

But I’m curious, is there anything that would keep one from replacing the s18 shock with a coil shock? Do they come in the same form factor?

7 hours ago, Rotan said:

There's not only the cutoff due to overpowering the whell, sadly having cutout for Mobo failure/burn is also a thing... it's rare but it happened, and supposedly if you plan to stick to your wheel for as long as it works, the day it will stop working it'll do so by giving up on you while you are riding, with any consequence possible.

Not an electrical engineer so I may be asking stupid questions here but what causes the mobo and components to fail primarily?

Is it vibrations creating micro cracks in solder, and other components and them just wearing out with time and oxidation?

If it is them just wearing out with time, I wonder if it's possible to detect how close to failure a mosfet, capacitor, motherboard circuits/pathways are by measuring the resistance across the power path.  If the measured resistance is xyz when brand new and after 4 years of use and oxidation the measured resistance has increased could one reliably find a number that indicates the parts are close to failure and pop a warning message that says the wheel is close to failure and disable it for anything but trolling until the issue is fixed.

7 hours ago, Rotan said:

This is in my opinion the one and only weak point of our beloved eucs, and needs to be addressed.

Right now the way you address that is by selling it used at the 2-3 year point and letting the eventual cutout be someone elses problem

It's a less than ideal solution indeed.

Edited by Heyzeus

7 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Top 5 reasons? My #1 did not even make the list. The #1 reason that I find is improper cleaning of the board before soldiering. Almost all of the failures we find are internal corrosion. They use acid to clean the boards. They do not properly remove the acid. 10 years later the connection fails due to acid corrosion. The corrosion is between the solder and the wire. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Silver said:

Sure looks like it's going to be a tall wheel

2.thumb.png.2580c4a20b9b7944bcc134ad6e8a2986.png

Oh man, that does look tall indeed, especially with that "hat" piece sitting so high up. From what I see so far, the anesthetic of this wheel reminds me of some kind of Gundam. If the new Begode Hero is pure communism, then this thing is pure anime. Gotta get me a helmet with cat ears to ride this thing. 

Kinda worried about what'll happen to the spikey bits in the back during a crash though, those don't look to be made of metal like the shock is. They also might hurt somebody or cause the wheel to bounce erratically when it hits the ground during a faceplant. 

Edited by Unbihexium
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, shellac said:

That would be awesome and would seriously consider this wheel. No more pumping up the shock. 

But I’m curious, is there anything that would keep one from replacing the s18 shock with a coil shock? Do they come in the same form factor?

This person appears to have done so: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1393867080813545/posts/1512117578988494/

• Like 2

I use on my S18XL   FOX Float DPX2 and it MAKES the difference when comparing to the original one.  Coils springs are usually not the best solution unless it is high end shock - and we can not exepct that KS will install shock valued 1/2 of the wheel cost.

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 1

If these specs are real, it's good.

It's the best by a huge margin and Inmotion and begode will have to work hard to stay relevant in the top end eucs... God, begode will be ashamed with their hero. 

I can see a few road runners disappointed by the max speed but for all the others, this definetly removes the cutoff by overpower. 

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)
  • RagingGrandpa locked and unlocked this topic