Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

So.... no chances for true 20" wheel - anyway - I am sure that there will be some room to improve S20 design with new mods... in similar way as here -

or here - 

where I have created S18XL - so I will get S20 even if from the first batch immediately. I hope no need to upgrade battery this time !!!!!   Kingsong -   4p (four cells in parallel) minimum battery setup PLEASE!!!   - 6p would not hurt at all! 

Edited by Lukasz

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

There is very little math absolutely required with EUCs, but the one formula that is goes like this:

20” = 19” = 18”

In real world S18 and GW RS, and MSX and V11 and.. ....  outer diameter of the tire is around 50 cm, which makes 19,5"  so - with 3"  tire, or with higher profile  - this can reach 20"  size (but all measured as the outer diameter of the rubber)   My initial feelings/wishes were that larger motor will be used, but this would build up total mass too high - and with long stroke suspension I do not see much need for larger wheel in fact, so lets stay with high torque 6p setup - 100V or more.

Personally I do not ride over 45km/h  but I see the need to be able to increase speed to around 75km/h safely in certain dangerous situations - for example when I need to stay on the road with cars - so that I can maintain same speed of around 60km/h for short time when it is safer to do it instead of being slower and see cars passing you  half a meter away from you.  

• Like 3

Price looks right, specs look decent. I am sure this won't be fast enough to satisfy some people. If everything turns out to be true

Hopefully, they nail the build quality, and not repeat what the s18 did. I wonder if they will do some software customization like inmotion did for v12.

Looking to be an exciting year for euc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yoos said:

2220Wh battery, 126V, topspeed 60-70kph.

To me that means: 21700  30s 4p, and a high-torque motor (because they only reached 100V C30 speeds but went +25% in voltage). Perhaps it's just the 4-turn motor from 16X ?

Sounds lots better than the anemic output S18 had...

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

I am sure that S20 will inherit good look from S18 and will be by far more "designer style" vs GW Hero.

That really is a huge understatement, by any stretch of the imagination! The S20 will totally eclipse anything GotWay/Begode/Extreme Bull or whatever they are calling themselves lately (or any of the other EUC brands for that matter), in the design department.

GW/BG/EB just can't get away from their boxy suitcase mentality, even down to enclosing the display panel in yet another square shaped box and at a rumoured price point of $4,100 USD they must be smoking some really strong sh*t!  

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lukasz said:

2200 Wh , 126V  seems to be confirmed.

This is really good battery size ;-)

I wonder what the 126v brings to the table.. Its doesnt seem to be speed, since the rumor is this won't be a speed demon wheel. Though i am sure it will be faster than any other KS wheel to date.. 

Will the 126v bring better efficiency? or safety margin? Or just more Bugs and Kinks? 

I can feel a difference in the 100v vs 84 volt wheels.. Will there be a similar change in ride feel with this increase? Or is it just fluff marketing.   

4 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I wonder what the 126v brings to the table.. Its doesnt seem to be speed, since the rumor is this won't be a speed demon wheel. Though i am sure it will be faster than any other KS wheel to date.. 

Will the 126v bring better efficiency? or safety margin? Or just more Bugs and Kinks? 

I can feel a difference in the 100v vs 84 volt wheels.. Will there be a similar change in ride feel with this increase? Or is it just fluff marketing.   

If it's ~60kmh high torque that's really good.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

This is really good battery size ;-)

Confirmed how, where? Source?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

Is it confirmed?

This battery size could be 84V as well (twice that of the S18). Saying that just so people aren't disappointed if it turns out not to be 126V, but 84V.

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Higher voltage either gives you more top speed, or more torque with the same top speed, or you can distribute the improvement between both. It would be a 50% improvement (if it is 126V) over 84V (compared to 100V being a 20% improvement).

-

I would be surprised if KS go 126V before Gotway, but who knows... maybe the S20 really is 126V?

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I would be surprised if KS go 126V before Gotway, but who knows... maybe the S20 really is 126V?

Is there something specific on 126V that is so complicated that you'd have to first practice with 100V? To me it sounds like just a decision of what the benefit is vs. cost of beefier components required. Sure, Gotway's biggest competitive advantage has been top speed and thus they had the incentive to go ever higher. 

To me it sounds like market driven decision to go to higher voltage. Just look at the amount of discussion about it over here. I'm still not convinced that in real world riding bicycle lanes, forest paths or gravel roads at 30-45 km/h (as I do usually) I would see any practical difference between 84V, 100V and 126V wheels. Unless the higher voltage can actually be translated to some other benefit than potential top speed due to back emf effect. Sometimes it sounds like some people think that more voltage = higher speeds and usually you need more power for higher speeds, therefore higher voltage = more power. Am I mistaken or is there actually real life noticeable power difference with higher voltage everything else staying equal?

• Like 1

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)
  • RagingGrandpa locked and unlocked this topic