Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

15 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I am in a similar situation, and I have gone with a twofold approach to maintain the status quo...

1. Flowers (delivered regularly)

2. Gin (with minimum quantities maintained)

It's worked well so far, but I do need to keep supplying new wheel options for her to try too...   :thumbup:

I heard the made a slim version so no fat riders. So I guess that make the S20 a @Chrissis wheel. :cheers:

• Like 1

It's simple really :D have a spending limit! If you are okay to spend 3 or 4k without asking once a year can you complain if you partner does the same thing?

• Like 3

The Hustle - the main use of my wheels is centered around all of my in town errands, both personal and for the family. If I used one of my cars for these errands then there would be added cost with fuel and wear & tear, pollution, etc. Do I take the longest routes possible to and from these errands... no comment, but still a better solution LOL.

My selling point to my better half is that I can get what is equivalent to a brand new car for only $3000 which is a minor tweak to the household budget. 

Sorry, can't help with the second and third new wheel as I always get my butt handed to me for those (usually takes a couple of months to notice though).

On a side note, I saw on FB that a KS reseller was stating/speculating (not fact) that the S20 was 100V which makes me feel better about what is hopefully KS's flagship performance wheel.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

The Hustle - the main use of my wheels is centered around all of my in town errands, both personal and for the family. If I used one of my cars for these errands then there would be added cost with fuel and wear & tear, pollution, etc. Do I take the longest routes possible to and from these errands... no comment, but still a better solution LOL.

FWIW... If you open an EUC shop, then you will NEED to have one of every model available for product testing and demo rides. 

Just saying...   ;)

• Like 3

On 8/15/2021 at 12:22 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

2. Gin (with minimum quantities maintained)

lol. I tried this.

Then the goofy doctor said my liver was getting big and I'd better stop drinking.

(on second thought, are you suggesting I should have shared the gin? Not sure why I should have to share… perhaps that's why I need husband points 🤔)

• Like 3

On 8/18/2021 at 2:33 PM, mike_bike_kite said:

You wonder what sort of people would order a wheel knowing nothing about the thing other than just the price?

Must admit though, knowing the price, I'm unlikely to get one :( 

Well, they do know they like to ride eucs. Some may have a lot of faith on KS ability to offer a good product. I guess it all depends on past experiences with the brand and the amount of disposable income.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul A said:

Ewheels had a price of $3400 for the S20.

Source? I can't find any such info online, and when I happened to speak to Jason on the phone just last week he said he nothing more about the S20 than we do/was waiting for the teaser along with the rest of us. (Unless he's learned more just in the past few days and you've spoken to him since?)

Edited by AtlasP

@AtlasP

This is Google's cache of https://www.ewheels.com/product/king-song-s20-placeholder/. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 7 Aug 2021 23:16:27 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more.
Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar.

Contact Info: Email: sales@eWheels.com We Ship within the US & Canada, Sorry NO International Shipping Available
Logo

King Song S20 Placeholder

$3,400

Starting at $308/mo with Affirm. Prequalify now

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

if it is on par with the other wheels in the $3500 price range then it should not disappoint (knock on wood)

King Song has very likely learnt a Hard lesson from the "Bitter Pill to Swallow" 16x and S18 rollouts, evidenced by them keeping the S20 under wraps as long as they have in order to avoid some of those previous mistakes! 

All things being equal, that in itself and the hints we have had that this will be something special, should translate into the S20 being ABOVE par with the other $3500 wheels IMHO (but I'll knock on wood too, just for good measure! ;))

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

On 8/18/2021 at 8:21 PM, Paul A said:

@AtlasP

This is Google's cache of https://www.ewheels.com/product/king-song-s20-placeholder/. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 7 Aug 2021 23:16:27 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more.
Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar.

Contact Info: Email: sales@eWheels.com We Ship within the US & Canada, Sorry NO International Shipping Available
Logo

King Song S20 Placeholder

$3,400

Starting at $308/mo with Affirm. Prequalify now

Searching all remotely plausible variants of that URL in Google's cache and on the Wayback Machine I can find zero results. I encourage others to give it a try and let me know if you find something I missed: https://cachedview.com/

Can you provide a direct link to this cached Google page?

Edit: this is moot, as the official page is now up--although with no mention of the number given above.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)
  • RagingGrandpa locked and unlocked this topic