Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

4 hours ago, Mango said:

IMG_2726.thumb.jpg.e742379de6403dbb8b1b07eb1401d82c.jpgIMG_2725.thumb.jpg.8ff234aaa8fe24ea8509428a6970e716.jpgIMG_2724.thumb.jpg.3a5d26870bc71ffe29f25417ec6cea3d.jpgIMG_2722.thumb.jpg.87fbe2ed694e38c2fddf64f2d2f2b561.jpgIMG_2723.thumb.PNG.cd21e38259901483208a51ba5ea9f483.PNG

Thanks for sharing!

Those are definitely some attractive specs. Enough to outdo the GW Hero too! Good to see KS really listening to its buyers.

I could easily see this becoming my next wheel (in late 2022/early 2023, when glitches and design flaws from the 1st batch(es) have been sorted out)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

Whether built-in speakers are desirable is a big topic on its own, and where and how you should ride and alert others is a whole different question, not related to the S20. [I personally dislike built-in speakers because they blast sideways and passersby hear them better than the rider]

There are many amenities and add-ons an EUC can have, and the S20 has plenty, more than any other perhaps: seat, display, powerpads, honeycomb pedals, spikes, a stand, replacable soft bumper handle. Adding a speaker to this set would not be out of place. I am more concerned with the spikes and powerpads -- whether they will fit most riders and whether they can be easily removed/modified/replaced.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Other non electric vehicles generally produce sound.

Electric cars are proving to be potentially hazardous because they are silent.

They produce an engine like noise, a bit like the V12, which has be benefit of being fairly neutral.
Music have qualities the listener might appreciate (contrary to a neutral buzz), but not necessarily the people around.

edit: Yes this is getting off topic. To stay on track: I myself appreciate that there isn't speakers or deco lights on the S20. They could have some USB ports to power such things as add ons though.

Edited by div
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Other non electric vehicles generally produce sound.

Bicycles don’t, which are the closest relative in terms of our pace in traffic.

Electric cars are proving to be potentially hazardous because they are silent.

This is something that civilized humans must respond to in another way than to push our taste of music to others. All kinds of EVs are growing fast in popularity, everyone of them playing their own music is a horrible idea.

If you feel that you should warn others, ring a bell.

Edit: Yes, way off topic! Sorry. Despite the leaks, I’m still interested to see how KS handles the introduction. And EVx’s interview is also something I don’t want to miss.

Edited by mrelwood

8 minutes ago, yoos said:

I am more concerned with the spikes and powerpads -- whether they will fit most riders and whether they can be easily removed/modified/replaced.

I second this thought. One of my first thoughts were, what if you don't like pads? Or worse yet.. Dont like the pads KS has built in. It was one of the issues with the s18. 

Having them adjustable is a good move. Hopefully, you can get the wheel without them too if you like to ride without pads. 

Pads are one of those things that are highly personal. So hopefully they thought of this. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

I see specs on the page, but still "This video not available"  anybody see it playing?

Not yet...

Adjustable pedal height is nice, tho. I really want to see the linear slider design though. Hopefully with hollow bore, it's much easier to get good alignment and smooth travel. I am very curious about how wide it is at the top. I have short legs, and the S18 geometry is very borderline for me.

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul A said:

Why isn't the website launching as it is now the due time?

Press refresh button.... but this brings only specs and graphics- no video, no real pictures

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

Build a wheel that riders wanted from KS for a long time.

Hi Jack - any info about true weight?  also - availability in fact?

(congratulations in general... I am eager to develop mods for this wheel!)

2 minutes ago, yoos said:

The site and video work for me. Here is a direct link to youtube:

Now it also works -but this is the video we know - any real pictures? any rides?

11 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Adjustable pedal height is nice, tho.

Not just pedal height, but it also looks like the pedals can be adjusted forward/backwords judging by the 2 sets of lugs! Another very nice touch.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fbhb said:

Not just pedal height, but it also looks like the pedals can be adjusted forward/backwords judging by the 2 sets of lugs! Another very nice touch.

Oh yeah, check that out! Really neat!
Now we need a disassembly video. The FAQ is making it sound like it is easy to drop the motor out, that would be fantastic. I can appreciate the simplicity of the frame design if that really does make it easier to work on.

4 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

I can appreciate the simplicity of the frame design if that really does make it easier to work on.

There is absolutely nothing here Not To Love IMHO, can't wait to see the real deal! @Jack King Song did promise something special with the S20 and has definitely delivered on his promise!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

Any official info on release date? Are there any rideable prototypes? 

I really like that changing tire will be easy. Looking forward for more info on that. 

1 minute ago, UniVehje said:

Any official info on release date? Are there any rideable prototypes? 

I really like that changing tire will be easy. Looking forward for more info on that. 

Ewheels says late November.

https://www.ewheels.com/product/king-song-s20-eagle-100-deposit/

• Like 2

Just now, Paradox said:

Eucshop says similar, last day of october, which probably does not account for shipping from factory to them.

25 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

The price wasn't too bad, Pre-Ordered. 😎

I was expecting 3000 €. Looks like it will be sold in Europe at around 3299 - 3499 € tax included. A bit more than hoped. If someone lists at 2999 € VAT and shipping included, it would be awesome. Still good time to save up for next spring!!

Edit: looks lie European price is just 2800€!! Pretty good. https://www.eucshop.lt/en/home/173-kingsong-s20.html

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 2

i like the S20 so far. perfect upgrade from my 18xl, as i definitly can use some more range.

some more questions

does it have a USB or USB-c outlet ? where is the chargeport and On/off button located ?

will normal griptape pedals (like the big 18xl) be available ? as a barefootshoe-rider i can't stand spikes ;) 

17 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

If someone lists at 2999 € VAT and shipping included, it would be awesome. Still good time to save up for next spring!!

In Europe, Eunicycles.eu asks 3018 € pre-order (50%). Close enough? :D

-Z-

Edited by Zwheeler
  • Like 1

@Jack King Song Can you give some idea how the motor is removed from the shell if there's a flat? And what about software features? Any improvements on riding modes? Have you guys done any improvements on braking or acceleration feels? 

• Like 1