Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 hour ago, Beachboy said:

Hey, excused me if this had been asked before.. but how do we lift this wheel anyway?

It was mentioned in the live stream. If I remember right you lift the front by the handle (replaceable bumper) and the rear... I don't remember, maybe under the seat?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, itsmark said:

It was mentioned in the live stream. If I remember right you lift the front by the handle (replaceable bumper) and the rear... I don't remember, maybe under the seat?

Something like that, he said "Shermanesque" meaning two hands, but he wasn't exactly sure.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Oh, it's easy. Like this!

Marty Sherman Crane Lift.jpg

We know those stories well, but S18 made to the top without issues, even if it does not contain internal fan ;-)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Beachboy said:

Hey, excused me if this had been asked before.. but how do we lift this wheel anyway?

No obvious way from looking at the render... I think they mat need to add a protecting arch at the back around the suspension system and it then would make it "shermanesque"...

Edited by That Guy

1 hour ago, enaon said:

I think jack said it is sherman like, you can lift it up from the front bumper, and a hand grab under the seat at the back. 

"sherman like" carrying mode (with two hands) is a must with so damn heavy sherman, but with all other wheels it is rather preferred to be possible to carry it in one hand up the stairs. For effective city use It is important that the transfer from carrying to walking to riding shall take minimum amount of time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

"sherman like" carrying mode (with two hands) is a must with so damn heavy sherman, but with all other wheels it is rather preferred to be possible to carry it in one hand up the stairs. For effective city use It is important that the transfer from carrying to walking to riding shall take minimum amount of time.

I'm pretty sure the projected weight of the S20 given by @Jack King Song is about 35kg. Same as the Sherman.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

I agree. I think that if indeed it is in the sub 30kgr area, then a handle like the s18 will do, even if it is positioned in the front. if it is on the heavy side, maybe two hands are best.

We will find a way to mod it, we have to mod something, maybe the handle being not perfect is for the best. :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, itsmark said:

I'm pretty sure the projected weight of the S20 given by @Jack King Song is about 35kg. Same as the Sherman.

that is what jack said, but my s18 with 4p batteries and some reinforcements and a heavy tire, is ~29. The s20 will have 40 batteries more(2.6 kilos), less metal on the sliders, and a bit more weight on suspension and motor. My guess is that there is no reason to go over 31, the official specs give it at 28. 

4 minutes ago, itsmark said:

My modified S18XL with 1440Wh and all mods weight is below 28kg. We shall add around 2 kg more for more cells, bit more for heavier damper+spring, 1 kg extra for heavier tire, and 1 kg extra for heavier motor. but we can possibly subtract a bit from plastic parts and clever weight shaving. So this wheel can be below 32 kg in my opinion.  

4 minutes ago, enaon said:

that is what jack said, but my s18 with 4p batteries and some reinforcements and a heavy tire, is ~29. The s20 will have 40 batteries more(2.6 kilos), less metal on the sliders, and a bit more weight on suspension and motor. My guess is that there is no reason to go over 31, the official specs give it at 28. 

And their website says 35kg... so yeah, I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see. https://www.kingsongs20.com/copy-2-of-faq

edit: I hope its lighter than that

Edited by itsmark
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

My modified S18XL with 1440Wh and all mods weight is below 28kg. We shall add around 2 kg more for more cells, bit more for heavier damper+spring, 1 kg extra for heavier tire, and 1 kg extra for heavier motor. but we can possibly subtract a bit from plastic parts and clever weight shaving. So this wheel can be below 32 kg in my opinion.  

they will use 40 more cells that we do, 2.6 kgr. The motor will have small bearings, I expect the weight to be of minor difference. The tire will most probably be a reinforced tube as always, not a real tire, so it will be of less weight that a pirelli. The sliders will be lighter, no need for double sliders with the hollow motor I think. the shock will be heavier. But yes, we agree, I say 31 max, lets see :)

Edited by enaon

@ShanesPlanet, the S20 uses 21700 cells instead of the 18650 on the 18XL. They weigh ~65g instead of ~45g each. The cells for the S20 weigh ~7.8kg, ~2.4kg more than for the 18XL.

1 hour ago, enaon said:

The tire will most probably be a reinforced tube as always, not a real tire, so it will be of less weight that a pirelli.

What do you mean by this, how is it not a real tire? Out of the three tires they consider, at least the C-186 is just a regular motorcycle tire, designed/suitable for tubeless install.

1 hour ago, enaon said:

But yes, we agree, I say 31 max, lets see :)

Jack KingSong’s 35kg estimate is surely a more educated guess than yours though… They do have some experience with an early prototype after all.

The spec sheet also mentions USB charging, while the newer specs (or was it the FAQ) say that there is no USB port. I wouldn’t put much weight on the .pdf speed sheet.

13 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

yes sorry, DNM RCP-2S. We previously looked at KKE BA-27RC

750lbs spring, roughly which suitable rider weights do you think that translates to? What constitutes a "heavy" rider? I've got an S20 pre-orderd and I'm around 95kg geared up, do you think another spring is something I will have to consider?

Edit: I plan to jump it in Skateparks and what not so there will be substantial impact (I already do this on my MSP without shocks).

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 2

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)