KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

10 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

My Z10 is rock solid. Never had the slightest wobble.

I meant when i first started to ride it when i had it new 👍 , i love the z10 , it's a pleasure to ride 😊

Well I’m 162 plus equipment. Probably 175. I can tolerate 25 psi but if someone came and told me the manufacturer says anything less than that was dangerous than I would just sell this thing. 

• Like 1

@ir_fuel I might have to eat my statement, and will do it hat off if it comes to that.

Once I get my KS16X I will ride it some time before psssing judgement, both pro and con. I learned that from my chsnge V8 to KS18L. At first I would bitch about weight and size and my V8 wss so much more nimble... 4weeks later, I could not see me riding the V8 again. Now I found too light/unstaible/felt like a toy... Do sometimes things grow on up. Same thing as my car history. But that is a very different story. 

I just hope my KS16X is here soon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

Once I get my KS16X I will ride it some time before psssing judgement, both pro and con. I learned that from my chsnge V8 to KS18L. At first I would bitch about weight and size and my V8 wss so much more nimble... 4weeks later, I could not see me riding the V8 again. Now I found too light/unstaible/felt like a toy... Do sometimes things grow on up. Same thing as my car history. But that is a very different story. 

Oh but that I agree. The Z10 was one hell of a beast, coming from a V8 and a GT16. Real man-handling needed when cornering. It was even a bit scary in the beginning when taking roundabouts. Same story when I got my Mten3. It was sooo unstable at first. And next thing I knew I was riding 18mph with it. And then came the super low speed stability. Now it's such a joy to play with. But I am aware of the difference between adapting to a new wheel and what I am experiencing here.

Make no mistake. As long as I am not going 25mph I love this wheel. I even love it when going 25, it's the fear of not being able to do emergency braking that holds me back. But as I said before, my main usage is off road, and there I never hit those speeds, and on loose ground you aren't going to brake like a mad man from 25mph to zero either. So there I have zero issues.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Well i did a 92km test ride with my sister today, i was on the X she was on the XL.

I made a few braking tests with the CST tire

Hard breaking from 30kph no wobbles

Hard breaking from 35kph no wobbles

Hard breaking from 40kph little wobbles but that i count as normal 

Hard accelerating no wobbles

I don’t go past 40kph before a good FW update for the sake of safety.

At about 37kph the gyro feeling is back when carving but not as bad as before.

So the behavior of the wheel is very much tire related.

I will try to get a hand on the CYT for the future, but for now the CST is a big improvement for me.

Ah and by the way my sister had 49% left at the end and i had about the same. :D

Here's the thing, if you are doing hard acceleration and hard breaking, knowing that there is a firmware problem that may result in it throwing you  - that's not the smartest thing to do, but thank you for risking your life and limb for us.

Now you aren't encountering the firmware bug doing this behavior - that's a bit troubling because we know the firmware problem has zero to do with the tire, and that makes me think we are using different definitions for Hard Acceleration and Hard Breaking or there is some other factor we are missing..

(Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE for this to be the make of tire and resolved that easily - I'm just not sure we're there yet).

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Here's the thing, if you are doing hard acceleration and hard breaking, knowing that there is a firmware problem that may result in it throwing you  - that's not the smartest thing to do, but thank you for risking your life and limb for us.

Now you aren't encountering the firmware bug doing this behavior - that's a bit troubling because we know the firmware problem has zero to do with the tire, and that makes me think we are using different definitions for Hard Acceleration and Hard Breaking or there is some other factor we are missing..

(Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE for this to be the make of tire and resolved that easily - I'm just not sure we're there yet).

Well here is my thing, iam smart enough that i know what i can do and iam not risking my life, because iam not stupid. :D

And no i never said change the tire and you don’t need a FW Update.  ;)

All iam saying is that the stock tire is absolute garbage and the new tire i have improves the style of riding with the X in many ways. 

Solved many problems i had.

Thats all

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mike Paolini said:

Maybe, there are two separate issues: The Tire and Firmware

• Upvote 2

@mrelwood Hi there,  people are now trying to get the (CHAOYANG) CYT H-5146 16x3.0 from King Song.

Which one do you think it's going to be the best tire without gyro effect. So far, I managed to collect these tires, but I haven't replace the shitty stock tire yet:

1. (CHENG SHIN) CST C-1488 16x3.0

2. (CHAOYANG) CYT H-5167 16x3.0

3. (CHAOYANG) CYT H-5102 16x3.0

11 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

Hi Eddie, I will be going to the KS factory next week Tuesday.. which tire would you recommend KS change to based on your experience as I have read CYT and CST are both good.

thanks 

I like the CYT tire more.  It has zero gyro and rises just like the other KS wheels. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The KS 18XL also wobbles when braking hard. I've tried 35 psi down to 20 psi, not a bit of difference; the harder you brake, the more it wobbles. I guess you just got to get used to it. It might be simply that I put more pressure on one heel than the other without really knowing it; it's hard to tell.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Benphysics said:

The KS 18XL also wobbles when braking hard. I've tried 35 psi down to 20 psi, not a bit of difference; the harder you brake, the more it wobbles. I guess you just got to get used to it. It might be simply that I put more pressure on one heel than the other without really knowing it; it's hard to tell.

I agree with you, but I put mine down to the fact that from new my 18XL motor/rim/wheel has a 1mm side to side wobble (that kingsong say is acceptable and normal), no one here seems to think that has any factor or involvement to play. Same with wheel balance, not sure if everyone here thinks their wheels are balanced, none of them are, and if you run any of them up to full speed the whole thing vibrates quite a bit.

15 minutes ago, bruno356 said:

I agree with you, but I put mine down to the fact that from new my 18XL motor/rim/wheel has a 1mm side to side wobble (that kingsong say is acceptable and normal), no one here seems to think that has any factor or involvement to play. Same with wheel balance, not sure if everyone here thinks their wheels are balanced, none of them are, and if you run any of them up to full speed the whole thing vibrates quite a bit.

I disagree; I ride mine at 30 mph 90% of the time. This is only because at 31 mph it tilts back. So I teeter-totter on the beeps. At that speed, the wheel does not vibrate, nor does it wobble at all. It is absolutely straight, smooth, and stable. It only wobbles when hard braking at high speed; that's it. Also, even if the wheel would have a side shift of 1mm, the tire would reduce it by half. It would have to shift by at least 3 to 4 mm do be noticeable. I have measured mine, and it has just a little over 1mm side shift on the rim's edge. Even though your theory seems to give answer, why does mine not wobble at 30 mph, and only while braking hard? Lately, I'm trying to concentrate on putting equal pressure on both heals. This is kind of hard to achieve, because a few ounces more on one than the other will force the wheel to turn while braking. This is when your brain tries to equalize; but unsuccessfully. On a motorcycle, when the rake of the forks is too steep, the bike becomes more nimble, but prone to wobbling. This is why race bikes need steering dampeners. Is it a question of rider rake position? I never noticed this on my Ninebot One; it never went faster than 12 mph.

Food for tought.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hsiang@tw said:

@mrelwood Hi there,  people are now trying to get the (CHAOYANG) CYT H-5146 16x3.0 from King Song.

Which one do you think it's going to be the best tire without gyro effect. So far, I managed to collect these tires, but I haven't replace the shitty stock tire yet:

And also this bad boy

Screenshot_20190817-144523_AliExpress.jpg

9 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

64C0C87C-3973-4381-9B1C-EB95B78AB04C.thumb.jpeg.8e8edeba6de960d493952c9d563c899a.jpeg

With the trees reflections you are official THE metal alien:w00t2:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, hsiang@tw said:

The on on the preproduction is H-5146.  The 14” that can fit in the 16x3 is a H-5167, see picture from amazon.  

9 hours ago, CampDylan said:

@Hsiang lists two CYT:

See above. 

EAF44159-64DE-4CBD-8CAC-C3CA779B1C4F.thumb.jpeg.56b1d81e5ed0c58e1bb1f54424460995.jpeg

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Upvote 1