KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

19 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:
Music was playing streaming to the speakers, and it was the same spot in the road where it had occurred before (making me think maybe the house nearby has a lot of wifi or is in the path of communications or such.

FYI, you can download an App called WiFi Analyizer to see which Wifi and Channels and how strong signal.  WiFi interference might be a cause. Don't know

3 hours ago, hsiang@tw said:

I just want to report back here, that I put the CYT 16x3.0 H-5167 on KS16X today and I LOVE IT.

It completely removed the gyro effect of the wheel and no more wobbles. 

and man....this wheel became soooo nimble, like MCM5 on 2.125" tire.

btw, I commute with KS14S and own a MSX, the 16X now feels like 15" nimbleness. So far it feels pretty stable too.

I settled with 30~35 PSI, I usually go 40 PSI on 18 inch wheels but with this tire, it's too squirrelly at 40 PSI.

Some people might love this tire and some people might not. I simply love the nimbleness of smaller wheels in general (and absolutely dislike the gyro effect on Z10)

AND I LOVE THIS TIRE.

https://www.amazon.com/COMBO-16x3-0-Electric-Scooters-Bikes/dp/B01D8VGG5A

This is what you put on your 16X?

• Like 1

I just got back from a 14 mile ride. I've got over 200 miles on this wheel now.

I'm riding on a very low tire pressure (once I find my Longacre pressure gauge I'll find out what the pressure really is) and not getting any wobbles. But I don't like how soft the tire is. I can really feel it flexing under me.

If I can get to the point of no wobbles and a decent tire pressure, this wheel will be absolutely amazing. I'm really enjoying it in its current form, but I know it's not good to ride on such a soft tire.

I didn't want to have to switch the tire, but if that's what it takes I'm going to do it. I just need to find out how to get a CYT or CST here in the US.

4 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I didn't want to have to switch the tire, but if that's what it takes I'm going to do it. I just need to find out how to get a CYT or CST here in the US.

Give it a couple of days. @RoadRunner has swapped tyres, and I will swap tyres on Wednesday. You'll get some more feedback by then :) 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I just got back from a 14 mile ride. I've got over 200 miles on this wheel now.

I'm riding on a very low tire pressure (once I find my Longacre pressure gauge I'll find out what the pressure really is) and not getting any wobbles. But I don't like how soft the tire is. I can really feel it flexing under me.

If I can get to the point of no wobbles and a decent tire pressure, this wheel will be absolutely amazing. I'm really enjoying it in its current form, but I know it's not good to ride on such a soft tire.

FWIW, I'm at 500+ miles, most of that on 18 PSI. I had a flat that was fixed up with tire sealant. Otherwise, no problems.

The main downside of running low PSI, is accelerating tire wear (increased tire deflection). If you're going to swap out the tire prematurely anyway, I would just keep on enjoying it at that cushy low pressure.

8 minutes ago, kangzy said:

Hi all,

I have been reading this topic intently over the past few weeks. After reading so many negative comments and issues I have to admit I was very worried. I just got my 16x this week and had my first today. The build quality is very impressive. Frankly, I really don’t know what all the fuss is about regarding the tyre. I am a 152 lb rider based in the uk and I have my wheel pumped up to 30psi. It rides very well with minimal wobbles - even under braking. I feel like I have full control over the wheel. If anything the tyre feels to ‘squishy’.

I ride all my wheels pretty aggressively and I personally really like the ‘gyro’ affect! With the right technique you can corner a lot quicker. I have attached the link to my first ride here so you can see how I corner.

So far so good. I will hope to do a full comparison with my other wheels (Tesla v2, 18l and MSX) hopefully by next week.

Shaun 

*Ride safe all*

So far, what's your favorite wheel? 

26 minutes ago, kangzy said:

Hi all,

I have been reading this topic intently over the past few weeks. After reading so many negative comments and issues I have to admit I was very worried. I just got my 16x this week and had my first today. The build quality is very impressive. Frankly, I really don’t know what all the fuss is about regarding the tyre. I am a 152 lb rider based in the uk and I have my wheel pumped up to 30psi. It rides very well with minimal wobbles - even under braking. I feel like I have full control over the wheel. If anything the tyre feels to ‘squishy’.

I ride all my wheels pretty aggressively and I personally really like the ‘gyro’ affect! With the right technique you can corner a lot quicker. I have attached the link to my first ride here so you can see how I corner.

So far so good. I will hope to do a full comparison with my other wheels (Tesla v2, 18l and MSX) hopefully by next week.

Shaun 

*Ride safe all*

I totally agree. Cool video. 

• Upvote 1

Just received a note from Jason stating additional (second wave?) of 16Xs have cleared customs and will begin shipping Monday.  So, hope this means that I should have wheel by end of week.  Looking forward to assessing wheel for myself.  The comments in this LONG thread seem to swing wide to both sides (too many issues vs. just fine).  I suspect it really comes down to personal preference.  While I understand the wheel will handle differently than a 14S or 16S, adaptability is critical.  Remember folks, we're riding a semi-self balancing, one-wheeled machine.  Don't know about you all, but I still consider this sorta groundbreaking.

Oh, hope KS gets this damn FW issue, both the code and DLing/installation, resolved.  As large as they are in the market, I would think they would dedicate the resources needed to clean up their FW side of the house. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom D said:

Just received a note from Jason stating additional (second wave?) of 16Xs have cleared customs and will begin shipping Monday.  So, hope this means that I should have wheel by end of week.  Looking forward to assessing wheel for myself.  The comments in this LONG thread seem to swing wide to both sides (too many issues vs. just fine).  I suspect it really comes down to personal preference.  While I understand the wheel will handle differently than a 14S or 16S, adaptability is critical.  Remember folks, we're riding a semi-self balancing, one-wheeled machine.  Don't know about you all, but I still consider this sorta groundbreaking.

Oh, hope KS gets this damn FW issue, both the code and DLing/installation, resolved.  As large as they are in the market, I would think they would dedicate the resources needed to clean up their FW side of the house. 

@BleepBloopBloplooks like we won’t be able to hit the 1000 mile before 2nd wave goal 

32 minutes ago, kangzy said:

It rides very well with minimal wobbles - even under braking.

I only get them when going 25+mph and braking really hard, to stop as fast as possible. Just riding around and doing normal braking I have no issues either. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I only get them when going 25+mph and braking really hard, to stop as fast as possible. Just riding around and doing normal braking I have no issues either. 

What he said.  You only get them under hard breaking from high speeds, and for me intermittently as well.   The concern is an emergency situation of course.

2 hours ago, kangzy said:

Hi all,

Shaun 

*Ride safe all*

Very nice skillful riding. This shows what the wheel is capable of in the hands (feet) of a good rider.

Edited by Mike Sacristan
typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I'll have the CST on mine on Wednesday.

I don't mind the gyro.

I wonder which parts need to be disconnected or removed in order to be able to get to change the tire.
The 16X disassembly video just shows the full disassembly, but I guess part of it isn't needed to change the tire.
If you could document it I'm sure it will be useful to many.
Thanks ;) 

• Upvote 3