KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

4 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

"Riding on a pillow": yup! I'm trying to wean myself off these comfortable low pressures now, but man does low pressure feel seductively cush. Having you tried carving at 20+mph at your pillow 23 PSI? It feels so solid to me

Ha, when I was new I never checked the tire pressure on my wheel.  Turns out it was around 20 psi.  I'm thinking to myself, "man people are dramatic this ain't so bad over potholes and bumps" then I pumped it to 35 psi and got humbled real quick.  I ride around 34-34.5 psi now (on my 18S, 185 lbs riding weight)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I do think about crashing quite often when I ride. ”What would happen if the wheel would die right now”, or if a deer would jump out from the bushes, etc. Lots more enjoyable for to me to have all-around protection on in those moments.

That can be a real onus on your shoulders every time you ride.

Yes I agree wearing protective gear does take a load off your mind. 

12 hours ago, Old Glider said:

Makes a guy wanna go back and revisit his martial arts fall training from so many years ago!

Especially before my high performance wheel arrives, if I ever make up my bloody mind (Nikola or 16x?) Its pretty hard to enjoy your ride AND be 100% protected I think.

Nice battle wound @RoadRunner

I know how to fall, roll etc, did some MMA and BJJ stuff... but when your feet is up in the air going east and your upper body is going west... at that moment you know there is no pushing from or rotation is too late, all you say is "oh shit" and just brace yourself for the ground. Now, unless you're a cat and know how to rotate in mid air (without ground push) that would help. Gearing up plus shoulders and back protection for us older folks would be the best solution.

• Upvote 3

Like some before me, I want to thank everyone for their input on the new KS16x.  I've been spending too much time trying to scrape as much useful information as I can while I wait to see if I'm in batch 1 or 2.  I just watched a newer video from a Russian on youtube (Denis Hagov) where he mentioned that he also felt like the wheel, at first, took more effort to turn at speed (gyro effect?).  He said he was able to fix some of this by lowering the tire pressure to about 30 psi (2 bars) and it sounds like he calibrated his wheel for a slight forward tilt.  Apparently for him, this made the wheel much more comfortable and usable.  I haven't heard of anyone here trying the slight forward calibration, so I thought I would mention it.  I don't recall him talking about any wobbles, but I did fast forward through some of the video.  I'm guessing he's about 190 lbs (86 kg) if that makes a difference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks buddy! I’ll give it a try. If I crash and burn after the download my wife just might give you my other wheels. 

You need to update your pictures of you Mten3 wheels as they are not in the right colour anymore right?:P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

You need to update your pictures of you Mten3 wheels as they are not in the right colour anymore right?:P

I thought about that but now the wheel is camouflaged and would be invisible on my signature page.

Reading about the discovery of how a 3" inch wheel rides from a KingSong perspective is interesting, riding an Msx myself. I've been thinking of getting this wheel next year, if it doesn't have major, lasting production issues.

Edited by Issah
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Issah said:

Reading about the discovery of how a 3" inch wheel rides from a KingSong perspective is interesting, riding an Msx myself. I've been thinking of getting this wheel next year, if it doesn't have major, lasting production issues.

FWIW, these issues weren't significant enough to have compromised my safety or enjoyment for the past 400 miles.

And not like @BleepBloopBlop is at 600 miles or anything.

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, HarpMudd said:

The great part is that I can ride my wheel anywhere and don't have to travel to somewhere else to do it.

It sucks getting to the wheel though. I want something that materializes TRON style so I can glide straight out of the shower.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gustesta said:

New KS16x firmware coming soon.  Confirmed by KS itself.

That’s exciting! Hopefully they’ll test it thoroughly before it’s released. No 🕷🐜🐛 🐞please!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

For everyone that's done the USB pedal tilt bluetooth hotfix: could you check if you're getting bluetooth audio cutting the first half second?

What I'm seeing: bluetooth drops the first 0.5 second of audio between transmissions. 

What this means: if you're using google maps to navigate, you'll miss every navigation directive. ("____ on 4th street"). It makes navigating via speaker completely un-usable.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, chrisjunlee said:

For everyone that's done the USB pedal tilt bluetooth hotfix: could you check if you're getting bluetooth audio cutting the first half second?

What I'm seeing: bluetooth drops the first 0.5 second of audio between transmissions. 

What this means: if you're using google maps to navigate, you'll miss every navigation directive. ("____ on 4th street"). It makes navigating via speaker completely un-usable.

Yes, I experience the same issue.  It seems as if each time a new bluetooth stream is initiated there is a 0.5+ sec audio drop.

34 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Maybe it would help to listen to music at the same time? 

I tested this and yes, this is a workaround. When playing music, the turn by turn maping audio overlays and you can hear the full navigation directive.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Genghis said:

Like some before me, I want to thank everyone for their input on the new KS16x.  I've been spending too much time trying to scrape as much useful information as I can while I wait to see if I'm in batch 1 or 2.  I just watched a newer video from a Russian on youtube (Denis Hagov) where he mentioned that he also felt like the wheel, at first, took more effort to turn at speed (gyro effect?).  He said he was able to fix some of this by lowering the tire pressure to about 30 psi (2 bars) and it sounds like he calibrated his wheel for a slight forward tilt.  Apparently for him, this made the wheel much more comfortable and usable.  I haven't heard of anyone here trying the slight forward calibration, so I thought I would mention it.  I don't recall him talking about any wobbles, but I did fast forward through some of the video.  I'm guessing he's about 190 lbs (86 kg) if that makes a difference.

@Genghis Just uploaded a ride along video if you want to judge for yourself, I get the wobbles on it at 3 different points (2 breaking, one remains a mystery to me)..

In generally it is a really fun wheel, but part of me has to recognize I'm in an abusive relationship with a hot mess in the form of this KSX.  The makeup sex is great and exhilarating, and she does things no other wheel has ever done for you - and that keeps you coming back, but there are also deep problems here that do wear on you as an early adopter and fear of black eye or broken bones...  hopefully King Song gets them all worked out sooner rather than later.  :)   And maybe I'm being a touch dramatic, but only a touch.

3 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

I'll double check this. 

What I can say, is it still feels to me like the peddles shift slightly when they should not when riding.  I'm not 100% sold they got this one buttoned up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

What I can say, is it still feels to me like the peddles shift slightly when they should not when riding.  I'm not 100% sold they got this one buttoned up.

I have 1.0.2 + the BT update and my wheel still slightly wobbles front-back when riding fast. Not much, but enough to notice it (and you can see it on the ground when riding with the light on)

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Yes, they are. The issue is not completely fixed.

Last night while playing music while riding (rare for me), I got one incident of severe tilt back.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

FWIW, these issues weren't significant enough to have compromised my safety or enjoyment for the past 400 miles.

And not like @BleepBloopBlop is at 600 miles or anything.

@chrisjunlee My riding has slowed down from my original pace this past week but I'm still riding as much as I have time for. I'm currently at 630 miles and should be over 650 by days end. The current firmware is totally ride-able and I'm not exactly going slow when I do ride. I'm still hitting the beeps and tiltback every ride. I'm excited for new firmware as the wheel will just get better, but its a blast as is.

-Justin

Edited by BleepBloopBlop
  • Like 1

@Mike Paolini this guy give some tip about tyre pressure and pedal tilt calibration that he found works well for him. He is struggling to find English words and expressions at times. But gives room for ideas to test. I don’t know if you have seen this.

I saw this earlier but forgot the timestamps about his suggestions. Too late for me to watch this again now, 2am and have to be at work at 8am.

• Like 2

Just want to confirm a couple of things here post Bluetooth fix.

1) The peddles still shift and tilt slightly - I think I caught it on camera, when I get time I'll scrub the video to see if it is visible.  Occurred twice while standing still.  Shift was 1-2 degrees for about 1-2 seconds.  I believe I also had it happen while riding yesterday at speed.

2) The first .5 seconds of anything is clipped when playing.  This is most noticeable on directions without music being streamed.  If music is streamed, then the clipping does not occur.

3) the 15 degree title for upto 30 seconds no longer seems occurring.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Just want to confirm a couple of things here post Bluetooth fix.

1) The peddles still shift and tilt slightly - I think I caught it on camera, when I get time I'll scrub the video to see if it is visible.  Occurred twice while standing still.  Shift was 1-2 degrees for about 1-2 seconds.  I believe I also had it happen while riding yesterday at speed.

2) The first .5 seconds of anything is clipped when playing.  This is most noticeable on directions without music being streamed.  If music is streamed, then the clipping does not occur.

3) the 15 degree title for upto 30 seconds no longer seems occurring.

Agree with point 1.

Don't know about point 2, as I'm rarely using BT.

No longer agree with point 3, after 1 major tilt back last night (on a rare occasion when I was playing music).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

@chrisjunlee My riding has slowed down from my original pace this past week but I'm still riding as much as I have time for. I'm currently at 630 miles and should be over 650 by days end. The current firmware is totally ride-able and I'm not exactly going slow when I do ride. I'm still hitting the beeps and tiltback every ride. I'm excited for new firmware as the wheel will just get better, but its a blast as is.

I'm at 410 miles. Got 240 miles to catch up @_@

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 2