KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

You weigh 5lbs less than I do.  I’ve been practicing going up curbs without jumping.  And coming down curbs which I’m very comfortable with.  I’m also at 18psi.  I just checked today and it went down to 16psi.  Still feels fine.  The tire is so tall, I don’t worry about tire pinch.  Getting more used to the CST tire.  Just got the Nikola plus, will be riding it tomorrow.  Same tire so interested to feel if there is any difference.  

And yes, I'll sure ask you which is gonna be your favorite (16x or Plus).

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

So you're about 11 stones. Since I'm running ~124,106 Pa at 62 kg, I think you're OK for 1.31 bar.

But I want to stress that it took me ~10 miles

Fantastic! :roflmao: That’s pretty much how I felt at first when I found this imperial forum.

I’d be very interested to hear what kind of free air wobbles the guys with the speed wobble issue get: Power on the wheel, lift it up, and try to make the tire spin up slowly. Does it shake strongly up & down or left & right?

Speed wobbles are usually a rider issue, but I don’t think it can explain this 16X phenomena. The no-name tires may have been stored or shipped with a bend in them, which in my experience may increase the issue enough to end up as a wobble.

When making my MSX tubeless, I wasn’t able to center the tire as well as before, so I also had to change my braking behaviour not to get wobbles when braking hard.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Did you Slime it yet?

Not yet! But you bet I've been adding viewcounts on your slime videos for the past couple hours!

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

You weigh 5lbs less than I do.  I’ve been practicing going up curbs without jumping.  And coming down curbs which I’m very comfortable with.  I’m also at 18psi.  I just checked today and it went down to 16psi.  Still feels fine.  The tire is so tall, I don’t worry about tire pinch.  Getting more used to the CST tire.  Just got the Nikola plus, will be riding it tomorrow.  Same tire so interested to feel if there is any difference.  

Gonna need some jumping lessons from you ;)

Can't wait to hear what you think of the 16X vs the Nikola. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I need a browser plugin that scans for XPSI, x psi, X PSI, and converts it to bar :D 

I can install it in your brain!

30psi / 15 = 2.0 bars.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bruno356 said:

Maybe check your wheel/rim for sideways wobble, I do not have a lot of faith in Kingsong quality control as my New 18XL rim wobbles by 1mm (using dial indicator on the rim) Kingsong said this is within normal limits (really? in my opinion it should be close to 0mm). When riding, this wobble can be felt. Kingsong suggested I hit the rim with a mallet to straighten it (which I have not done). Not suggesting this is the problem you are having but it may be worth checking.

regards - bruno

This sound so reasonable... if its not the electronics, it could be the imperfections in the physical parts. The wheel is could be slightly off or not exactly perpendicular to the axle. These are new 2200W motors wheels.

44 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I can install it in your brain!

30psi / 15 = 2.0 bars.

Actually 1 bar (100000 pascals) = 14.5038 pounds force per square inch.

Yet back in my school days (many years ago) we were taught  that one atmosphere = 14.7 PSI (14.6959 psi)

Edited by bruno356
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

This sound so reasonable... if its not the electronics, it could be the imperfections in the physical parts. The wheel is could be slightly off or not exactly perpendicular to the axle. These are new 2200W motors wheels.

Just in case you are interested.

Regards - bruno

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

Official 16X disassembly video posted by King Song

I guess KS wisely decided we are gonna need this right away ? 😱

Anyway it looks much more professional inside than the Nikola, thanks for this @fbhb !

Edited by Old Glider
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Congrats! Get that tire pressure dialed in. It took me 300 miles before I really loved this wheel :)

Thanks! Just came home... I definitely have to lower my tire pressure...it’s rock hard now and I weigh 67kg

don’t know where to start at. I’ll figure it out.

Can't see the worst road quality, just see worst video quality. :rolleyes:

I've been wondering for some time why almost all the videos I watch here look so muddy pixelated.

I had once filmed with my Samsung Note 8 smartphone during the ride with only 1080P 30fps and found it terrible. But I have to say that my quality is much better.

9 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I've been wondering for some time why almost all the videos I watch here look so muddy pixelated.

I had once filmed with my Samsung Note 8 smartphone during the ride with only 1080P 30fps and found it terrible. But I have to say that my quality is much better.

Too keep this within the thread this is what I can share for you (I try to keep this very brief..).

To capture the details as road and the texture of the KS16X you will need a high resolution at first. Let's take this as a single shot example (photo) first.. To keep data within reasonable size compression algorithm is often use this can be tiff (non-destructive compression) so when opening the picture all details can be seen, like the carbon effect lines. But using jpg (a destructive compression) makes the datafile much smaller but you loose quality in the process. Typical the fil is like 10-100x time smaller than the data it represents. Looking at the carbon effect you see it as chessboard rather the fine lines in the weaving of fibers. 

So when the deal with video you add frames pr sec to your stream of data. To bring this down in size (aka bandwidth needed) compression is used too.  Old methods is ok in low resolution like mp2 (dvd quality 640x480 typical in Europe). If you go to full HD like blueray quality, avchd is the standard choice. To keep even better compression rate the idea behind this is the human eye and brain can only track so much data flow, so small details are filtered out, but if you forcefocus on this you start to see the limitations to keep bandwidth down. The faster things moves and the more details the more smudged the result becomes. 

So at this point details on the wheel will show only at a dark/blackish item. 

So when recording you want as high bitrate (bandwidth) as possible, but the higher resolution this lowers the end quality, adding higher framerate will also lower detail quality as bandwidth now is used for extra smooth flow of movement. 

That is why recording at high resolution as 4k and high frame might hamper your end quality. 

Then on youtube "optimization" will often mean compressing data with loss of quality as result, or might need to translate/recompile to different codex/data stream which on destructive compression always mean quality loss. 

That is why it is so hard to get a video shot that show the KS16X reallife design, and why often irl the wheel looks better than seen in videos. 

I suggest to open a new thread for this if we are to discuss this in more details. 

This was the brief version... In relation to details of the design to KS16X. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Too keep this within the thread this is what I can share for you (I try to keep this very brief..).

To capture the details as road and the texture of the KS16X you will need a high resolution at first. Let's take this as a single shot example (photo) first.. To keep data within reasonable size compression algorithm is often use this can be tiff (non-destructive compression) so when opening the picture all details can be seen, like the carbon effect lines. But using jpg (a destructive compression) makes the datafile much smaller but you loose quality in the process. Typical the fil is like 10-100x time smaller than the data it represents. Looking at the carbon effect you see it as chessboard rather the fine lines in the weaving of fibers. 

So when the deal with video you add frames pr sec to your stream of data. To bring this down in size (aka bandwidth needed) compression is used too.  Old methods is ok in low resolution like mp2 (dvd quality 640x480 typical in Europe). If you go to full HD like blueray quality, avchd is the standard choice. To keep even better compression rate the idea behind this is the human eye and brain can only track so much data flow, so small details are filtered out, but if you forcefocus on this you start to see the limitations to keep bandwidth down. The faster things moves and the more details the more smudged the result becomes. 

So at this point details on the wheel will show only at a dark/blackish item. 

So when recording you want as high bitrate (bandwidth) as possible, but the higher resolution this lowers the end quality, adding higher framerate will also lower detail quality as bandwidth now is used for extra smooth flow of movement. 

That is why recording at high resolution as 4k and high frame might hamper your end quality. 

Then on youtube "optimization" will often mean compressing data with loss of quality as result, or might need to translate/recompile to different codex/data stream which on destructive compression always mean quality loss. 

That is why it is so hard to get a video shot that show the KS16X reallife design, and why often irl the wheel looks better than seen in videos. 

I suggest to open a new thread for this if we are to discuss this in more details. 

This was the brief version... In relation to details of the design to KS16X. 

Great explanation, but takes too long to write out :D

I usually just point people to this video. @buell47take a look and enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

So when recording you want as high bitrate (bandwidth) as possible...

This is true, but not all bit rates are created equal. Different compression algorithms achieve different bit rates for the same quality.

GoPros now use High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), aka H.265. This delivers lower about 25% lower bit rates than H.264.

For applications where the second passthrough processing is used (not really viable for a battery-powered camera), the nitrate can be 50% lower than H.264 for the same quality.

This doesn't contradict anything you said, it's just a note of bit rates than people can get absolutist about.

@buell47 did you watch it in 1080p?
This is expected due to bitrate and scene complexity.

Youtube 4k bitrate is more generous per pixel than 1080p.

https://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2019081208ti4tcgKTDxDJblNK4sGbN1&file=output_rCOgsA.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, buell47 said:

Do not use "auto" on youtube vids. Click on the wheel and set it to 4K, even in windowed mode. The difference is staggering.

Fast moving grass/leaves is about the worst you can get for compression.

• Like 1