KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

12 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Need to try it then, but for off roading I don't really want that delay I think.

I always set my wheels to the hardest setting.

So did I on my KS18L until fw update 1.12 then I rride at middel setting. Makes the wheel a little more American 50ish car floating for easy ride comfort. 

However as I understand it KS recommend to use hard/expert mode only until new fw is rolled out.

Or did I miss a news flash? 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 4:57 PM, Marty Backe said:

@Jean Dublin stated:

implying that that 16X could get more range that the 100-volt 1845wh Nikola.

Hi Marty, 

Thanks for the Nikola 100v 1845wh range test video :)

So I see you got 64.15mi/103km. 

I see that people are getting 50-60mi on the KS16X 84v 1554wh (riding faster, different weights and tire pressures, details on their posts, linked on the first message of this topic).

So I would have expected more from the 100v 1845wh battery. 

I think there may be a difference in efficiency (probably also related to Gotway deliverying extra power, not sure). 

I'm sure this math is wrong, but I'll try anyways. 

84*1554=130536

100*1845=184500

So if 130536 gets 60 miles, in same conditions 184500 should get 184500*60/130536= 84 miles? 

Edited by Jean Dublin

35 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

And what exactly is the advantage of that? It means you hang a lot more forward for the same amount of acceleration input. I think for off roading it would be very unsuitable, considering how much I already need to lean on very steep hills. I would need to lean even further forward to overcome the "slack".

It's not a distance offset - it introduces a lag which allows harder acceleration. 

I agree it's best for paved surfaces. Off-roading kind of requires instant response :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I really don't think it matters that much once you are past 50mil+. At least not to me longest ride in one day was 40ish km for me. My knees were acting up big time. Maybe with the seat option I can do more. But either way I will need to rest legs/mind and get food/ as the output stuff too.

I guess on a mountain trail the charger might not be an option, but most cases you go up... regain power on the way down. 

@Marty Backe is happy with the Nikola, but that is not to say othets can't be happy with their KS16X once the wheel has been ironed out with the inc fw and app update. Also a BT update over USB stick is rolling out now so...

I am however still waiting on the train from China to arrive at my dealer.

Hopefully we don't get too much rain in the autumn...

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I really don't think it matters that much once you are past 50mil+. At least not to me longest ride in one day was 40ish km for me.

There are some hardcore riders here :D 

But I tend to agree for my usage. My longest ride was 52km, and that was more to test how far I could go on my Rockwheel GT16. Second one was a bit over 40km with the Z10. But to be on the safe side this means that I want a wheel that should be able to go 80km, as I want enough battery left not to get into power problems. The Z10 started giving overspeed warnings at and throttling to 40 km/h at 50% battery.

The KS16X is the biggest wheel I have had so far wrt battery capacity. Both the Rockwheel and the Z10 are around 1000Wh and I never ran out of battery on them. I suppose the 1554Wh on the KS16X will be largely sufficient for me :D 

And I agree with the pain. I did 1.5h of mountain bike trail riding a couple of days ago and my left knee was getting super sore. No way I could do that for 8 consecutive hours. I only covered 16km during that 1.5h btw.

Where I live there is not too much fun to be had on paved roads, so I don't think I'll often do 40+km rides.

Sometimes I think I would want to get a Monster, just for the experience. But I would probably nearly never use it as I can not trolley it in the shop and it's such a behemoth.

• Upvote 1

I never experienced the random tiltback issue, but I just applied the bluetooth module update. Good thing about it is that I don't hear the horrible speaker noise when turning on/off my wheel anymore. Also it seems like better coordination/syncing of lights with the music now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

I never experienced the random tiltback issue, but I just applied the bluetooth module update. Good thing about it is that I don't hear the horrible speaker noise when turning on/off my wheel anymore. Also it seems like better coordination/syncing of lights with the music now.

I've had a lot of random tilt (like my ride back from work where the tilt forward while going down hill nearly threw me off). I'm formating a drive as FAT32 now (which is taking a looong time). I'll check the wheel out once I get it installed, and once my wife arrives back home to look after the babies.

50 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

What was the speaker noise issue?

2 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Update:

I've had some miles on the new CST tire.  So far I'm not liking the CST tire.  I think the stock tire is better even though it had the gyro feeling.  After I got used to the gyro feel, it felt more stable at higher speeds.  Also with the 16X, I'm so comfortable that I'm hitting the speed limit much more often than on the 18's I have.  Now I'm considering getting the Nikola Plus so that I can ride at higher speeds.  It is constantly in the back of my head that it is more risky.  But these wheels feel so stable and absorb the bumps so much better as well.  I was mainly a 25mph guy, but now I'm pushing against the 31mph limit and the only wheel that allows for higher speed is Gotway.  

This would be my 3rd GW wheel if I get it.

Our needs are constantly evolving.

Great!  Have you ridden the Nikola?  How does it compare to the 16x?  Thanks Eddie.

12 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Great!  Have you ridden the Nikola?  How does it compare to the 16x?  Thanks Eddie.

The few times I rode the Nikola, I don't remember anything bad about it.  I do remember it had a little bit of gyro which I didn't like at the time.  I'm guessing it should feel very similar to the 16X now with the CST tire. 

One thing I miss is the kick to deploy pedals I have on the other KS wheels.  I don't mind the all black Nikola look.  I really didn't like the white stripes.  Don't really like the handle either.  Oh well, if you want faster speed than 31mph, there isn't any choice.  I know I didn't like the MSX.  

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Like 2

@Daniel-Son have you considered stopping and taking a break (foot rest)?

While the battery cooling down will affect its charge, isn't the point to determine what the real-world range of the wheel is?

If for all practical purposes, real-world means a ride with breaks, then isn't that the test to perform?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

@Daniel-Son have you considered stopping and taking a break (foot rest)?

While the battery cooling down will affect its charge, isn't the point to determine what the real-world range of the wheel is?

If for all practical purposes, real-world means a ride with breaks, then isn't that the test to perform?

We really don't need to be doing the full 70 mile range test.

As I've stated long ago, we just need to integrate Power over time ( ∫W(t)*dt ) which gives us total energy over that distance - thereby giving us motor efficiency. This would also allow for more control over variables due to the shorter distances it allows (rider weight, tire pressure, speed, start/stop, etc).

That is exactly the data I would be gathering if I was writing an industry whitepaper.

Unfortunately, I don't think people understand what I'm saying, so eyes glaze over and all this just goes over their head XD

Edited by chrisjunlee