KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

49 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

@Marty Backe
Perhaps not everyone is playing BT Music with significant bass or riding in high EM field areas he said hopefully?

(But yes I suspect you may be correct in that they probably need to add shielding to the control, and maybe some filters on the power lines).  It only ever really occurs once in a while, and once in a ride.  So far never at speed either.  Still, it's a trust issue because clearly it IS DOING the wrong thing, and I'd hate for it to decide to do that wrong thing at a really bad time.

<sigh>  No such problems with your Nikola eh?  I dislike the looks of the Roomba, but problem free would be a nice change of pace for a while...  on the other hand it really does feel like a grown up mTen3 - and I love that.

Only my Z10 has had ongoing pedal calibration issues.

I look forward to getting the 16X so that I can put my spin on the differences between it and the Nikola.

• Like 1

Definitely seems like a hardware issue. I’ve only calibrated my wheel 1x and never had a tilt back or tilt forward issue. I play music over Bluetooth 90% of the time I ride. I have over 140miles on the wheel and weight about 145lbs.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Only my Z10 has had ongoing pedal calibration issues.

I look forward to getting the 16X so that I can put my spin on the differences between it and the Nikola.

When do you expect to get the 16x @Marty Backe?

Ps. You’re gonna have to start hanging your wheels from the trees to get them all in the panorama picture! 

Edited by Old Glider
  • Like 1

Snail Mail

So I opted for the slow shipping on mine and put the $500 down over a month ago.  I still haven't been asked for the balance of the payment.  Does this mean my wheel is still in China?  I mean with all that's transpired here on this thread I don't mind at all waiting even longer if they'll actually fix the problem before it even leaves the factory.

Edited by CampDylan
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CampDylan said:

Snail Mail

So I opted for the slow shipping on mine and put the $500 down over a month ago.  I still haven't been asked for the balance of the payment.  Does this mean my wheel is still in China?  I mean with all that's transpired here on this thread I don't mind at all waiting even longer if they'll actually fix the problem before it even leaves the factory.

Only your dealer can answer what happens with your shipment.

3 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

The 16X became a lot more enjoyable once I got the tire pressure dialed in. This tire is super finicky and sensitive. 1-2 PSI is the difference between a wobbly mess and buttery smooth carving nirvana.

That's a bit disappointing, maybe it's just a Learning curve thing, But if it's not and that persists then that's unfortunate.

I Ride my ACM at anywhere between 42 some PSI to 28-30 psi depending how long I go between checking the tire pressure and it generally feels good anywhere in that range.  Having one to two PSI makes such a difference would be quite annoying

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Old Glider said:

When do you expect to get the 16x @Marty Backe?

Ps. You’re gonna have to start hanging your wheels from the trees to get them all in the panorama picture! 

It's probably going to be September :(

• Like 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

It's probably going to be September :(

2020ish :cheers:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

That's a bit disappointing, maybe it's just a Learning curve thing, But if it's not and that persists then that's unfortunate.

I Ride my ACM at anywhere between 42 some PSI to 28-30 psi depending how long I go between checking the tire pressure and it generally feels good anywhere in that range.  Having one to two PSI makes such a difference would be quite annoying

@Heyzeus  I've not seen any real change in ride vs wobbles with PSI adjust meant on the KS16x.  I've run it from 18PSI to 45PSI.   The tire is designed for 35-45 PSI, and at anything less than 30 PSI it feels terribly under inflated and that it looses it shape.   My personal ride places it a t 40PSI, but yea this beastie wobbles, for me, if you don't have perfect form and a tight grip on it while decelerating.    Hoping the various fixes in the pipe line help it frankly.  :)

• Like 2

Just now, BleepBloopBlop said:

@eddiemoy Where did you purchase the tire? I'm coming up on 500 miles on my 16X and figure its a good time to order a backup tire and tube to have around for when I damage the factory tire or wear it out. 

ewheels.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

It's simply a ridiculous claim.Pretty sure nobody here is able to tell a 1PSI difference, no matter on what wheel. Moreover with the way those valves are installed and I presume nobody here is using a high end calibrated pressure gauge, it's impossible to get the pressure right to the level of 1PSI. As soon as you need to unscrew something from the valve you will have a pressure difference.

Oh and let's not forget that riding also influences this. Go ride 20mph for a couple of minutes and feel your tire. It will be warm. What do you think happens with tire pressures on a warm wheel? Go ride outside when its 40C, then go ride outside when it's 10C. It all influences this. Pretty sure nobody here is playing with their tire on the road to finetune hot pressures while riding (as we do on our racing cars), certainly not to a 1 PSI level.

Not sure why you're set on invalidating anything and everything I say. From bickering over fundamental laws of physics (newsflash: Physics is correct, you're not) and now to this? 

I have been graciously patient up to now, and now, I am no longer engaging in discussions with you. 

To everyone else: Using my high accuracy gauge, I can tell a clear difference between 18 and 20 PSI. That is the inflection point in the tire feel for my bodyweight.

Comparatively, there isn't as drastic change between 20-30 PSI.

The point being: if you don't like how the wheel feels, try different tire pressures, and dial it in. Start with 5 PSI increments, give it 10 miles, then dial it in. At least for me, that made all the difference in disliking to loving this wheel.

Edit: I am willing to admit it may be placebo. Who knows. Just try it out :)

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I just changed my tire today to a CST tire.  ...

@eddiemoy Congrats on the successful tire swap. Good to know that the CST rubber is compatible with the 16X despite the rumors to the contrary. I, for one, would love to know how easy or challenging the disassembly process was. Were you able to reattach the screw-concealing padding without too much marring? Did the internal build quality seem up to snuff? I'm weeks away from my delivery, but I anticipate taking mine apart to see what's what pretty early on. Any and all tips/suggestions are appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

I just changed my tire today to a CST tire.  It is the same that is on the Nikola.  No rubbing.  I didn’t really get a chance to take it out for a spin.  I did get used to the gyro feel and started to like it.  But I like the normal non-gyro more.  So I decided to change the tire.  Another rider did the same and he is reporting total loss of the gyro feel.  He also was getting used to the gyro feel.  

His is saying it is more stable at high speeds. Less effort to go fast as well.  

I guess we caught Kingsong lying? They claimed to have evaluated the CST and determined it wasn't a best fit.