KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

3 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

But as I said, riding mode hardest, problem solved. I don't use any other mode. For me it works best on off-road because you have to lean in less to get going.

The micro-vibrations from the motor, I also had them, but I only have them when riding slowly for a long time (10mph, is cruising speed when riding with my daughter on her V5F). Nothing that bothers me and when I am riding faster they go away. Never noticed them when I am riding by myself.

To unlock the full potential of this wheel, you need to ride in soft mode. Hence why I'm putting up with it.

The odd thing with the micro vibrations: it's really pronounced sometimes, like 10x stronger than what you normally feel going slow or downhill. It's almost as if there's random RF interfere. It goes away, but the frequency and duration is completely random. Sometimes it goes on for 10 seconds, other times minutes.

Pro tip on the wobbles during braking: I heel carve brake now, and it's so effective, that the wheel never gets a chance to wobble. We're talking 2-5x increase in motor engagement, at least that's what it feels like.

You're on firmware 1.02 right?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chrisjunlee said:

To unlock the full potential of this wheel, you need to ride in soft mode. Hence why I'm putting up with it.

I don't understand this. Can you elaborate? I ride all my wheels on the hardest setting. I want as little movement front-back as possible for me.

The odd thing with the micro vibrations: it's really pronounced sometimes, like 10x stronger than what you normally feel going slow or downhill. It's almost as if there's random RF interfere. It goes away, but the frequency and duration is completely random. Sometimes it goes on for 10 seconds, other times minutes.

Yeah definitely not comparable to what you feel when "engine braking". But I only noticed it when going slow. Maybe because then I have time to actually notice it? :D 

Pro tip on the wobbles during braking: I heel carve brake now, and it's so effective, that the wheel never gets a chance to wobble. We're talking 2-5x increase in motor engagement, at least that's what it feels like.

You need room to carve, I guess? I ride a lot on bike paths and I don't have much space to go left right. It's getting better now I must say, by locking the euc with my heels/ankles. Just need more road miles to adapt my riding.

You're on firmware 1.02 right?

Yes

37 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Are you truly serious? I mean truly? Have you been reading this thread? All respect but don’t you think you are over reacting? Perhaps just a tad bit? 

I really prefer wheels that are easy carving.

Do you think the 16x is better at carving than the Z10?  I didn't like the Z10 and I sold it.  

My V10F is so easy to carve etc.

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

It does ride like the z10, took me about 50 miles for my brain to be rewired to ride it well.  Only problem is if you have other wheels, it takes time to switch between wheel.  You can buy the CYT tire that came with the preproduction.  I know that had zero gyro effect.  It takes bout an hour to swap the tire.  I cannot at this point recommend the CST tire as it doesn’t completely remove the gyro effect.  

The stock tire is easy to carve when you get the hang of it.  You can make it easy to carve by increasing they tire pressure.  I ride with very low tire pressure, 18psi, so it has some resistance.  

Hope this helps.  

Does it carve better than the Z10?

I didn't like the Z10 and I sold it.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Does it carve better than the Z10?

I didn't like the Z10 and I sold it.

Thank you.

I didn't like the z10 and didn't ride it long enough to know.  but the 16x can carve if you learn the technique.  you will probably have the feeling of hating it like i did.  but if you give it a chance and learn to ride it, then it is a really nice wheel.  i would say it carves a lot better than the z10.  but that is with my limited experience on the Z10 to only riding it during the demo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I didn't like the z10 and didn't ride it long enough to know.  but the 16x can carve if you learn the technique.  you will probably have the feeling of hating it like i did.  but if you give it a chance and learn to ride it, then it is a really nice wheel.  i would say it carves a lot better than the z10.  but that is with my limited experience on the Z10 to only riding it during the demo. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Gustesta said:

Please Eddie, is 16x's factory tire really bad?  Does it ride like the Z10 (I didn't like the Z10)?  If it does, I'll regret my purchase that I haven't received yet :(

Also, does it ride like the V10F?  Is it easy to carve etc.?

Thank you!

Are you truly serious? I mean truly? Have you been reading this thread? All respect but don’t you think you are over reacting? Perhaps just a tad bit? 

7 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I don't understand this. Can you elaborate? I ride all my wheels on the hardest setting. I want as little movement front-back as possible for me.

@houseofjobcan you explain why soft mode gets you the maximum potential of a wheel?

7 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

You need room to carve, I guess? I ride a lot on bike paths and I don't have much space to go left right. It's getting better now I must say, by locking the euc with my heels/ankles. Just need more road miles to adapt my riding.

It's micro carving, just pumping the heels. It doesn't feel like you're deviating that much from centerline, maybe at most 8 inches? Similar to the straight line braking wobble. Try it :)

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Upvote 1

On 8/7/2019 at 5:17 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Looking forward to see some range test results.

Me too, I'm surprised we don't have one yet haha. A range test is one of the first things I'd do with a new wheel I get (unless I've issues trusting it...) 

7 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

Just going to leave this here

Screenshot_20190808-220303_WheelLog.jpg

1 hour ago, Jean Dublin said:

Me too, I'm surprised we don't have one yet haha. A range test is one of the first things I'd do with a new wheel I get (unless I've issues trusting it...) 

Isn't that a range test? :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

@eddiemoywhich wheel accelerates faster, 16x or KS18?

The 16x, physics make no other way. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Thank you and great to know that!  Which do you prefer: KS18 or 16x?

Look at my profil. There you have my answer. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

A point of warning for all users here :) 

I had this happen today:

The wobbles :shock2:

It's very apparent in the second part of the video. The road is super smooth there btw. It started happening from about 15km/h but it became very apparent and even dangerous at 30+km/h.  In the second part look at the headlight and the tire (53 seconds onwards), you'll see them move constantly wrt each other, back and forward.

Now before everyone here starts panicking and spamming 20 pages in this thread, let me explain what happened:

I got an old Android phone out of the closet and installed the latest Wheellog APK. Since I am not familiar with the app I connected it to the wheel and started looking around in the menus. It seems that by opening one of the menus some commands where sent to the wheel, because as you can see my 2 led strips are off.

After the above behaviour I took the official KingSong app to check the state of the lights, and what do I see? The ride mode was changed from "experient" to the middle setting (don't remember the name)! 

I changed the ride mode back to the hardest setting (and enabled the lights and leds again), and, no more wobbling! Hit 40+km/h on multiple occasions afterwards and the wheel felt rock solid.

Wheellog user beware :) 

I get these wobbles also - people keep telling me they are my feet not being parallel or otherwise rider induced - mostly during breaking, but they have happened at other times too.  Haven't been able to make them go away, but I'll try reseting things - as I did try to connect to various apps to see if they would work at one point.    Really hoping the firmware fixes this.