KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

42 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

I get these wobbles also - people keep telling me they are my feet not being parallel or otherwise rider induced - mostly during breaking, but they have happened at other times too.  Haven't been able to make them go away, but I'll try reseting things - as I did try to connect to various apps to see if they would work at one point.    Really hoping the firmware fixes this.

@ir_fuel I think this actually helped, and I'm down to/back to firmware induced issues - fingers crossed (which is a strange thing to hope for).  

18 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I don't understand this. Can you elaborate? I ride all my wheels on the hardest setting. I want as little movement front-back as possible for me.

I guess I can paraphrase what @houseofjobsaid a while back: soft mode allows you to dip your pedals farther and harder + allows you to maintain that position before the motor engages. Sport/hard mode corrects too fast. 

And it's the path to the most advanced acceleration technique: kitten kneading . It's the converse of heel pump braking, allowing you to input significantly stronger forward input without leg clamping. Basically, allowing you to achieve Kuji performance at  the effort 🤯

I have yet to unlock this skill, but you bet it's on my mind, especially on long hill climbs.

18 hours ago, Gustesta said:

I really prefer wheels that are easy carving. Do you think the 16x is better at carving than the Z10? 

As a lightweight relatively new rider running low PSI, I have no issues carving on the 16X. BUT you will probably hate this wheel for the first 100 miles (I hated it first 200 miles). Keep that in mind and hang in there - you'll love it. This wheel feels so nimble-steady at 22+mph.

3 hours ago, stephen said:

Nah he's got 0.1% battery left 😁

Just to be clear, that screenshot is during a hard uphill acceleration @17 mph :) I forgot to take a screenshot at rest (60 miles of riding = zombie brain) but IIRC it was around 13-19%. I'll see if I can look through the log for an exact number, since right before that hill is a busy blind intersection I stop at.

2 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

How are you exporting data to Excel?

Wheelog. It has an option to backup logs to google drive. It's a gem of an app, and it even displays the battery % correctly unlike the official KS app :)

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel-Son said:

I just got back from my range test. This time I wanted to go at high speed for almost the whole way before throttling begins. My psi is at 42 and my weight is 215 pounds. 99% of the ride was on the sidewalk, so I felt every cracks and bumps which make for a very painful trip. My average speed was 26-28 mph. I was able to ride for 2hr 15min before throttling began, I managed to clock 55 miles (41 GPS miles). I couldn’t go above 24 mph without tilt-back. I slowed my pace down to around 20-22 mph for an additional 10 miles. My feet had tremendous amount of pain and could not continue to deplete the battery down, but I did get it down to show 2 LED’s left. My final miles 65.3 (47.9 gps) and the time was 2hr 48min. I think I could have squeezed 70mi (50 gps), but the pain was too intense and I didn’t want to walk home.

This Jojo reference applies.

Image result for jojo oh my god gif

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I guess I can paraphrase what @houseofjobsaid a while back: soft mode allows you to dip your pedals farther and harder + allows you to maintain that position before the motor engages. Sport/hard mode corrects too fast. 

And it's the path to the most advanced acceleration technique: kitten kneading . It's the converse of heel pump braking, allowing you to input significantly stronger forward input without leg clamping. Basically, allowing you to achieve Kuji performance at  the effort 🤯

I have yet to unlock this skill, but you bet it's on my mind, especially on long hill climbs.

As a lightweight relatively new rider running low PSI, I have no issues carving on the 16X. BUT you will probably hate this wheel for the first 100 miles (I hated it first 200 miles). Keep that in mind and hang in there - you'll love it. This wheel feels so nimble-steady at 22+mph.

Just to be clear, that screenshot is during a hard uphill acceleration @17 mph :) I forgot to take a screenshot at rest (60 miles of riding = zombie brain) but IIRC it was around 13-19%. I'll see if I can look through the log for an exact number, since right before that hill is a busy blind intersection I stop at.

Wheelog. It has an option to backup logs to google drive. It's a gem of an app, and it even displays the battery % correctly unlike the official KS app :)

Thank you!  If you had to choose between the KS18 and the 16x, which one would you get?

5 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Thank you!  If you had to choose between the KS18 and the 16x, which one would you get?

For myself: 16X.

For normies: 16X after they've worked out the issues.

And to be fair, I've only spent an hour on the 18XL. I just think the wider tire is more versatile.

I have a MCM5, which is razor thin nimble, and I no longer desire to ride it.

Edited by chrisjunlee

2 minutes ago, Daniel-Son said:

My next range test will be at a much lower speed (16-22 mph) so I can see how far and how long I can ride. Not sure if I have the will to do it but I will try my best. 

Could we get a backwards range test? I heard it gets better efficiency :3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisjunlee said:

I've never heard of "kitten kneading" technique. It sounds like some secret taichi/kung fu death blow technique. I must learn this. Please enlighten me, sifu.

• Like 1

Hills everywhere in Seattle. Heck. I live in the middle of a hill. Throw in beat up roads, sidewalks with no ramps, and occasional biker trying to trip you up, it can be quite the adventure riding in Seattle. But what a time to be alive in the EUC era. 

With the road conditions in Seattle I will not buy another EUC with less than 3" wide tire. 

• Upvote 2