KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

9 hours ago, Rywokast said:

yea it was the ebay link i posted here https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pebble-Time-Smartwatch-Black/223564391114?hash=item340d79e2ca:g:go8AAOSw2QtdERf9 that ones a rip off rehab the pebble time is much better and its cheaper from this lot on ebay.. seems they only have a few left though

Ugh! Thanks for the tip. I attempted to cancel my Amazon order but it was too late.  I may just send it back and order your version. The reviews on mine are all over the place. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

What's your foot positioning, body weight and PSI?

I don't think it's the wheel, and would love to see something common we're doing.

Mine is slightly staggered, rear foot maybe 10 degrees pointing out (I'm slowly working on getting them parallel). Feet are both close to the wheel (vs wide and not touching).

Body weight: 140lbs, 20 PSI.

I did most of my miles on 30 PSI, and saw an improvement in wobbles lowering to 20PSI. 

Tempted to try even lower, but afraid of getting a pinch flat when I have no clue how to get this thing serviced. 

Just to be clear, oscillation is forward and backwards shaking of the wheel body.  Kind of like what happen to Kuji, but at a fine level.  I captured it in my review of the preproduction unit.  It only starts somewhere about 45km/h and gets really bad towards 50km/h.  Amazing it doesn't throw you.  Forward and backwards movement in the wheel is firmware related as the wheel is supposed to balance you forward and backwards.

wobbles are side to side.  This is controlled or caused by the user.  From what I gather, it is either fatigue or foot placement and sometimes you get it when braking with bent knees.  with straight leg it immediately goes away.  again, has to do with unequal pressure on the pedals and it resonating through you.  High speed wobbles are the worse, kind of like on a bike when you have a snapping of the front wheel, will throw you.

I am at 145, 18psi.  I should be at 20psi also since that was what i used with the preproduciton CYT tire.  you are good, i wouldn't worry about pinched flat.  you are not heavy enough.  I've been riding with low tire pressure for over a year, none of my wheels have flats. I ride my 18" KS at 28psi.  16" 2.125" tire, i use 35psi.  The bigger the tire, the lower you can go.  

I don't ride with staggered leg, I ride with parallel toes pointing out.  it is a preference.  Everyone will ride differently, not necessarily good or bad.  You have to find your own style.  Good is to try different ones see which ones work well for you.  I usualy ride with my leg up against the body, zero clearance, worked well with the all wheels without gyro effect.  I tried to ride with leg against the 16X body, that didn't work well, so I had to step about 1/2 inch away because of the gyro issue.  That worked well.

Hope this helps.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Ugh! Thanks for the tip. I attempted to cancel my Amazon order but it was too late.  I may just send it back and order your version. The reviews on mine are all over the place. 

Which one did you order from Amazon? Now I’m confused. LOL 

8 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Which one did you order from Amazon? Now I’m confused. LOL 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BKEQBI0/ref=psdc_7939901011_t3_B0106IS5XY this one that i believe you linked previously.. that is the original pebble watch.. the one i linked on ebay is the pebble time which is the second iteration of the watch and much nicer if you ask me

In terms of this oscillation I'm confused if I'm experiencing it, but since my riding weight geared up is ~195lbs & 5'11"my body dampens it out. At high speeds a feel a slight ticking like the tire isn't balanced, but that is it. I consistently ride at 48kph right before the pedals start to tilt back. Riding the tiltback gets really wild as it gets more aggressive if you don't mind it and keep pushing through it. It tilted me WAY back when I was seeing how hard I could lean into it (52.3 kph). Now that I've tested the limits I run into the tilt back then slow slightly until I'm flat and its not beeping at me.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BKEQBI0/ref=psdc_7939901011_t3_B0106IS5XY this one that i believe you linked previously.. that is the original pebble watch.. the one i linked on ebay is the pebble time which is the second iteration of the watch and much nicer if you ask me

I ordered this. It’s on the way. Is this wrong??? The link you provided was from Canada so I went with the new one from Amazon. I thought they were the same thing  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0106IS5XY?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

12 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

In terms of this oscillation I'm confused if I'm experiencing it, but since my riding weight geared up is ~195lbs & 5'11"my body dampens it out. At high speeds a feel a slight ticking like the tire isn't balanced, but that is it. I consistently ride at 48kph right before the pedals start to tilt back. Riding the tiltback gets really wild as it gets more aggressive if you don't mind it and keep pushing through it. It tilted me WAY back when I was seeing how hard I could lean into it (52.3 kph). Now that I've tested the limits I run into the tilt back then slow slightly until I'm flat and its not beeping at me.

I am not experiencing oscillation on my 16X at any speed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I ordered this. It’s on the way. Is this wrong??? The link you provided was from Canada so I went with the new one from Amazon. I thought they were the same thing  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0106IS5XY?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

no its right thats the pebble time.. oh was it haha sry didnt realise.. thats the exact same thing as the ebay link i posted because i wasnt aware it was also on amazon i dont usually ever go on amazon.com

2 hours ago, Nils said:

In light of the latest forum tensions following the 16X release, could we just not all try to avoid the cheap shots?

Hear, hear!  I mean, it might be interesting if the admins would start requiring ages to be disclosed - at least then we could almost forgive some language and rhetoric?  Then possibly castigate accordingly, lol.  

5 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

I would like to see a video of you climbing a 20-25% hill from a dead stop. It's an exhausting experience for me compared to mten3 or MCM5.

Put it another way: on the mten3 and MCM5, you can carve uphill with ease. On the 16X, at least for me, it feels like I'm crawling when I'm literally on my tippy toes (nothing else touching the pedal besides the balls of my feet, and my legs gripping the wheel for support as I michael jackson lean forward). 

I do this regularly on the KS16x.  But then I also bend at the knees to put my body weight forward rather than wearing out my toes.

The KS16x feels zipper to me then the MCM5 or my mTen3 (I own both).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Funny as after hard breaking my music stops playing on occasion haha. I was wondering what the deal with that was. Hopefully this new firmware fixes it right up!

You should report that to them.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, CampDylan said:

Damn-straight, lol - I stay in a 2-man tent on the side of a cliff overlooking the ocean so I'll be charging mine at work.  Problem is I'm barely at work 8 hours in a day, sometimes less so I'll probably need to sacrifice a day for the initial charge.  

Footprint-and-Tent4.jpg

Jason throws in a 5A quick charger 😎

Pair it up with the stock 1.5A charger for 6.5A. Although opinions are divided on mixing chargers, it's been working fine for me, and probably OK a couple of times.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Hey guys, I just heard a rumor that KingSong may have found the random Tiltback and corrected it - the rumor is that it was the Bluetooth Audio was causing radio interference with the board, and that they have a firmware patch to fix it.

If true, this would be the second time that Kingsong has been surprised by unexpected electromagnetism:facepalm::rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

On 8/4/2019 at 8:39 PM, Unventor said:

It really doesn't matter how other wheels feel like if you like your KS16X. 

I still have 2 weeks before I have a chance to get mine. But I am sure it will be great once I get it. 

Would be fantastic if they make a traffic light mode, that uses the big lid rings for front/rear light, and blinking as you break. @Micheal Shen is that possible? 

Blinking not safe for the riders coming after you. When you brake, the red light will be lighting

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rywokast said:

curious why the 100V though, if anything it should have the same torque/acceleration given its an identical motor and everything else only thing they changed was the board.. all of marty raves about it about how responsive and fantastic of a riding wheel it was were on his 84V and i dont recall him saying the 100 feels any different, anybody who gets it gets it for the higher top end speed... just seems like a lot of extra money if you dont plan to use that higher speed

I heard the 100V has a 10% boost over the 84V. Seems worthwhile.

3 minutes ago, wheelr said:

Wow I didn’t hear that at all. I’ve been considering upgrading and everybody has said just the opposite. In fact the only thing the 100v does different is go faster. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

@Jon Stern

Hey guys, I just heard a rumor that KingSong may have found the random Tiltback and corrected it - the rumor is that it was the Bluetooth Audio was causing radio interference with the board, and that they have a firmware patch to fix it.

Hoping it is a rumor based on facts.  In the mean time I may try switching back to my UE Boom instead of the onboard speakers and seeing if I get random low speed high torque tiltback.

I haven't even tried the BT audio yet. I've not even paired it.

Of course, the EMI could still be there between the circuits, even when I'm not playing audio.

Often that can only be fixed by shielding, but sometimes it can be resolved by changing a clock speed to move the harmonics out of the critical band.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, wheelr said:

yea in top speed :P

• Upvote 1