KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

9 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I would like to see a video of you climbing a 20-25% hill from a dead stop. It's an exhausting experience for me compared to mten3 or MCM5.

Put it another way: on the mten3 and MCM5, you can carve uphill with ease. On the 16X, at least for me, it feels like I'm crawling when I'm literally on my tippy toes (nothing else touching the pedal besides the balls of my feet, and my legs gripping the wheel for support as I michael jackson lean forward). 

Same here. I thought that was my imagination but was reserving judgement. The KS16X appears to be lacking adequate torque for overcoming high % grades but I’ll need a few more outings before I can definitively make that statement. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Same here. I thought that was my imagination but was reserving judgement. The KS16X appears to be lacking adequate torque for overcoming high % grades but I’ll need a few more outings before I can definitively make that statement. 

The odd part is, if you have enough starting momentum (straight to uphill), it seems to handle hills fine. Thus, I feel this is a firmware/controller throttling issue.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I would like to see a video of you climbing a 20-25% hill from a dead stop. It's an exhausting experience for me compared to mten3 or MCM5.

Put it another way: on the mten3 and MCM5, you can carve uphill with ease. On the 16X, at least for me, it feels like I'm crawling when I'm literally on my tippy toes (nothing else touching the pedal besides the balls of my feet, and my legs gripping the wheel for support as I michael jackson lean forward). 

Can some other confirm that?

If this is true, what can the reason for that? 

I ordered the 16X to drive it offroad and of course also extreme slopes where my V8 fails. :shock2:

29 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Any ETA on your 16X arriving?

Not this week but hopefully the week after. 

Dealer are listing new orders stock at 22nd August. 

But it comes when it comes, it is out of my hands now. 

BTW @Seba have you seen the unit eunicycles.eu got fasttracked to him yet? As I understand you were kinda close to this dealer right? 

32 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Have a look here about 2:30ish in the clip. I have no idea what they're saying but it sound like Polish or Russian to me. 

It is starting from flat ground though. 

• Like 1

@eddiemoy when I read your posts it sounds to me that you are slowly warming up to liking the KS16X.

Be interesting to see if those bits you don't like is ironed out by KS with firmware. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

So far after the initial shock of the gyro effect, the wheel has been great

I have now ridden my Z10 and KS16X back to back. There is near to zero adaptation time necessary when switching. The KS16X is just a lot more comfortable over bumps and steers lighter.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Nothing will launch from a dead stop on a steep hill like an mten3.

3 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

The odd part is, if you have enough starting momentum (straight to uphill), it seems to handle hills fine. Thus, I feel this is a firmware/controller throttling issue.

Ascending a steep hill from a dead stop does not appeal to me. Give me a bigger challenge. ;)

2 hours ago, Adel said:

Is it the regular gotway fast charger with Lenovo adapter plug or is it built-in Lenovo plug ?

The 16X charger is definitely wider than the GW version I have ( currently at home). This charger’s width is  8 1/2” (21.5 cm). It does have a  factory USB type (Lenovo) type plug - not an adapter. 

48465574942_4e1489c8a8_b.jpg

48465419676_e041a0aaed_b.jpg

Edit: Ewheels chargers side by side 16X top , GW bottom 

48466569537_c6531f1a2c_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

@eddiemoy, Play around with the speed settings a bit. I was able to tinker with it and get it to save at 50kph 3rd alarm & tiltback out of the box.

Never heard of that before. You shouldn’t be able to do it.  Maybe there is a bug.  Will give it a try later. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

From what we have read so far about it vs the 16X is its slower to accelerate. I will open my bid for your 4 day old Nikola + at $1500 ;)

This is not the thread for this. 

2 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

After some searching and google mapping I found a couple 25% grade roads in my area. They definitely aren't the norm in Portland, Oregon. I'll go test them out this week to see what you are complaining about.

I have high hopes for you, you prodigy you