KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

That is why recording at high resolution as 4k and high frame might hamper your end quality. 

Might I add: if you want the best quality on youtube, just film in 1080p, and export your video from your editing tool in 4K, upscaling it. The result on youtube will look better than simply exporting and uploading a 1080p video.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Might I add: if you want the best quality on youtube, just film in 1080p, and export your video from your editing tool in 4K, upscaling it. The result on youtube will look better than simply exporting and uploading a 1080p video.

Yes indeed. Here is such a test I did a while back.

Just now, Mike Sacristan said:

Yes indeed. Here is such a test I did a while back.

Same story. The leaves and grass look like crap in "auto" on my computer because it plays in 720P. Manually setting to 4K and it's heaps better.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Sacristan said:

Welcome to the 16X thread!
Today we will be discussing codecs and bitrates.
Tomorrow we will be discussing different rendering methods and what causes tearing.

Maybe we should discuss tire pressures?

What unit shall we pick today?

4 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Maybe we should discuss tire pressures?

What unit shall we pick today?

That's been discussed to death.
How about pedal height?

How high are the pedals on the 16X and how is the angle?
Let's measure the height in light years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

You weigh 5lbs less than I do.  I’ve been practicing going up curbs without jumping.  And coming down curbs which I’m very comfortable with.  I’m also at 18psi.  I just checked today and it went down to 16psi.  Still feels fine.  The tire is so tall, I don’t worry about tire pinch.  Getting more used to the CST tire.  Just got the Nikola plus, will be riding it tomorrow.  Same tire so interested to feel if there is any difference.  

So @eddiemoy, I know it's still soon, but how did you like your Nikola?  Better than the 16x?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Welcome to the 16X thread!
Today we will be discussing codecs and bitrates.
Tomorrow we will be discussing different rendering methods and what causes tearing.

Well I did Atlest try to bind it together with the KS16X :whistling:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

So far I'm liking the smoothness more at top speeds.  But I've yet to get used to the braking.  Initially I tried soft mode, that was a mistake because I'm used to hard flat pedals.  I wasn't able to get the power out of the wheel with soft mode.  After I switched to hard, it felt very familiar and right at home.  Although I get the wobbles of death while breaking.  I'm thinking I might need to change the tire pressure, maybe bring it up a little.  Or I just need to get used to the wheel.  I was able to get to 40mph briefly in hard mode.  Scary.  

GW has been doing this type of power deliver for longer, so it would seem like GW is better at this than KS.  The ergonomics is pretty good.  I didn't use the side pads and my bare legs stick to the side a little more than I like.  But on the flip side, you can use it to push without the need to grip the wheel.  I don't like the handle, I'm used to the KS handle and I still think that is a far more superior design.  GW isn't a one handed operation.  Since 16X went to the magnetic pedals, they lost the advantage of kick to deploy.  Now I have to spend extra seconds deploying the pedals of both EUC's.  If you like LED lights, the GW continuous lights are more pleasing.  The Nikola Plus in all black if much more pleasing than the regular version with the white sides.  That is my opinion.  

They are both smooth since they both have the same tire now, the CST.  The Nikola has a little more gyro for some reason.  Now I think it has a little to do with the extra batteries.  I remember the 18L and 18XL had a different feel too.  that was about 7lbs difference.  the 18L was light, the 18XL had a heavy feel to it more top heavy.  The Nik+ vs Nik is also similar.  I don't remember the regular Nik being so heavy with the gyro.  Another person that just bought it and tried the regular version in Paris also has the same feeling.  If you don't mind the white stripes, might be better to get the 84v(reg nik).  It is lighter by a few lbs and feels better IMO.  Though you might like the heavier feel or need the extra range.  I haven't tested the headlights yet, but I think the 16X headlight is hard to beat.  

If you need more than 31mph, get the nikola.  Otherwise stick with the 16X.  This is my verdict at the moment as my needs have changed and Nik Plus is the only one that can provide what I need.  I can live with the bad handle and the bad ergonomics.  BTW, the shell is shiny and it is easily scratched.  The two wheels are very similar, depends really on your need and preferences.  I'm sure you will be happy with either as long as it meets your needs.  

Excellent report. Which one accelerates faster in your opinion? I

33 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I don't understand the comments and not being able to kick-deploy the pedals. I just push them down with me feed.

You should be able to see me deploying the pedals in the beginning of the video with kick to deploy after the DIY magnetic pedal upgrade for KS. 

8 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

@buell47 did you watch it in 1080p?

I couldn't select a resolution. The video could only be played here and not in the Youtube app. Also I couldn't find it manually in the YouTube app. (I use a Samsung Tab and Samsung Browser).

Actually this is no problem, but some videos only play here and no resolution settings available! 

But now that you asked me what resolution I chose, I knew that you could choose the resolution and that this must be a problem for me. 

Searched and found, here's the solution:

Settings > Browser Version = Mobile view or Desktop view. In mobile view the YouTube link and resolution settings are missing sometimes. 

Now the quality is much much better :thumbup: 

20190813_081656.jpg

20190813_081617.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buell47 said:

Also I couldn't find it manually in the YouTube app

Video is unlisted. That's why.

6 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

If you don't mind the white stripes, might be better to get the 84v(reg nik).

Or get the 100V with the smaller battery option?

9 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Went trail hunting yesterday with the 16X, crashed at the end, everything is ok just road rash.  :ph34r:

Nice recovery. Where was your road rash? I suspect on your elbows and forearms?  Did your fingertips get road rash?