KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

18 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Well i had a really nice day. 

Last weekend i received my CST 1488 tire and i couldn’t wait to get it changed and try it out.

So as i wanted to visit Chris and Benni from 1radwerkstatt anyways i thought its a good opportunity to go there meet those guys get the tire changed and do a test ride with them.

Today i took the tire and my 2 wheels hopped in my car and rode 180km to Ballhausen, small village in the east, where 1radwerkstatt is based.

Really nice countryside, beautiful nature, and those guys are amazing, very down to earth, i like that. And they got plenty of machines and knowledge , Chris father is a mechanical engineer and he’s got a big hall with even bigger machines.

When i got there Chris also couldn’t wait to change the tire, because he hates the stock tire like i do, but my CST came before his. :laughbounce2:

So Benni did the tire change and Chris updated my FW on the XL, i was still on 1.11, i didn’t do the update myself because i am more scared of updates than going 45kph on one wheel. :w00t2: HELLO KINGSONG!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO SOMETHING THAT WE CAN MAKE FW UPDATES VIA USB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say the stock tire is really really soft when not on the wheel and not pumped up, to soft.

We went for a ride when another friend showed up with a 16X which was really cool so we could compare them.

And i tell you what the CST tire is great Chris loved it as well and said now he can finally ride the X without being f..ed up from that gyro feeling. He felt it in the first few seconds and i did as well. Completely different experience.

We had a great ride, and i tried out some other wheels, the MSX and the Mten3, i really liked the MSX, felt comfortable within the first minute. Great wheel, might have to get it.  :ph34r:

So first of all i have to say a big thank you to Chris and Benni and if you are from Europe and you need a new wheel, or have problems with your wheel, call those guys from 1radwerkstatt, great guys, exellent knowledge.

And if you want to really enjoy the 16X get that shitty tire off and put on the CST.

Its so good that when i got home at 02:00 in the morning i just rode it for half an hour through the dark empty streets with a happy smile on my face. :D

Also it felt that the break wobbles are gone and i don’t have that side to side banging anymore.

So at the end i had a great day, made some new really nice friends and i have a wheel now that i can enjoy.

7378723C-F45A-440F-9987-1940F22506BD.thumb.jpeg.01b31c40c2435a92aa0f723f21b95bf9.jpeg

52553EC0-C6E0-4E74-B1D6-08C0A447F0EB.thumb.jpeg.db9e66db40ea1caf52c0c7111ade025f.jpegC4F6DB5E-0928-45A8-857C-387FC8D2660F.thumb.jpeg.b5f1e429def206e0748c5e6781c74b93.jpeg250A9A32-A580-43B9-B73F-B262ED17ACE1.thumb.jpeg.7ac63ea37e1142e3f0b241a5a07db20f.jpegC8FDDC35-BFA3-4683-9BBA-A850DD319A4C.thumb.jpeg.fff03489626221d9b4941aec75caf7c4.jpeg

Please, where did you get those tires?  

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

52!!! You're OLD!!!

Indeed, lol.  I still brush off wipe-outs pretty easily though...I didn't even mention the two scooter wrecks I had only 2 years ago in Phoenix - one was from a giant, flying tarp in a windstorm that came at me from over the rooftops completely wrapping me and the entire scooter as I tried to outrun it, lol, then getting wedged under the front tire thus throwing us rudely to the ground.  Gashes and a jammed toe, wearing my SHOEI modular but didn't even touch my head to the pavement.  One month later a guy cuts me off and I crashed the same way opening nearly all the exact wounds!  That time I had the wherewithal to ask a horrified witness to take my photo before I got off the pavement, lol:  (I'm old on paper, but I'm young...)

Accident1.JPG

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cyfur said:

Sup fellas.

Got a response email from Jason about 2 hours ago regarding sea-freight 16Xs.

image.thumb.png.83b69770efa8038d2fa20d53aec0b388.png

Exciting! Given where you live you should have your 16X by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nils said:

Precisely! No point in thinking any previous training will cover you adequately in all type of falls. Sure, previous fall training from martial arts, etc., will serve you well in some circumstances where there's some leeway, but in others you won't even have the time to say "oh shit" because you're busy hitting the ground :)

True! I had just enough time to say ‘Oh’! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Just ordered them. :D

Maybe a link would be handy.

I've been looking on aliexpress, but I don't know if it's the right tyre, as the 1488 number is nowhere to be found.

example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32813716312.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.1.51d27a7fsB6417&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.13338.128206.0&scm_id=1007.13338.128206.0&scm-url=1007.13338.128206.0&pvid=59615a89-0184-4ea4-b7f2-27c7eaf161dc

4 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Nice. If this really solves the wobble under braking problem I might need to do a small road trip to 1radwerkstatt it seems :D (my wheel comes from there).

I think sending the wheel to them would be better and cheaper. ;)

1 hour ago, CampDylan said:

Nice - what did you do for that Milestone??  I did a mini Vision Quest camping alone up in Sedona for a week.  Amazing!

That sounds fun... I didn't do anything and Ordered the KS 16X... LOL

41 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

That sounds fun... I didn't do anything and Ordered the KS 16X... LOL

I didn't do anything for my 50th. I was too busy with my 3 year old daughter and preparing for the imminent arrival of my son. 😮

• Like 3

I'm suspecting that you're not getting wobbles because you're 200lbs.

After getting near-death wobbles this afternoon I pulled over and let out more air. I'll have to check, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm at 15psi now!

Now I get hardly any wobbles, but the ride is a bit softer than I'd like, and I'm afraid of getting a puncture.

I'm getting more and more tempted to chance to the CST tire.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I'm suspecting that you're not getting wobbles because you're 200lbs.

After getting near-death wobbles this afternoon I pulled over and let out more air. I'll have to check, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm at 15psi now!

Now I get hardly any wobbles, but the ride is a bit softer than I'd like, and I'm afraid of getting a puncture.

I'm getting more and more tempted to chance to the CST tire.

They say the CYT tires are even better and KS will use it on the 16x at the next batches.

Regarding the wobbling, try to stand up still tight when you start getting it.

8 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

They say the CYT tires are even better and KS will use it on the 16x at the next batches. 

Do you think that includes batch 2? I got an email about an hour ago that next batch for ewheels has cleared customs and ship Monday. I wonder how we can find out if those are batch 2 and/or have CYT tire?