KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

2 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

And if you want to really enjoy the 16X get that shitty tire off and put on the CST.

Its so good that when i got home at 02:00 in the morning i just rode it for half an hour through the dark empty streets with a happy smile on my face. :D

Also it felt that the break wobbles are gone and i don’t have that side to side banging anymore.

250A9A32-A580-43B9-B73F-B262ED17ACE1.thumb.jpeg.7ac63ea37e1142e3f0b241a5a07db20f.jpegC8FDDC35-BFA3-4683-9BBA-A850DD319A4C.thumb.jpeg.fff03489626221d9b4941aec75caf7c4.jpeg

Thank you for a very informative Post... I'm curious, would the patterns in a tire cause wobbles?

Edited by DragonFZ
Double post by accident

I have to say, seeing those two 16X's side-by-side with the different tires, that stock just looks like it wouldn't be as smooth riding as the CST which is on so many of my Gotway wheels.

6 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

Wow, so the CST is actually thinner than the stock! Kingsong making excuses for wheel fit and clearance smh

I still had a little faith in it. But if the air pressure on both tires is the same and the CST is narrower than the original tire, don't I know what these fairy tales are about?
I think the engineer lost his perspective testing the tires, or was too lazy and told his boss he tested them all. 

Edited by buell47

6 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

250A9A32-A580-43B9-B73F-B262ED17ACE1.thumb.jpeg.7ac63ea37e1142e3f0b241a5a07db20f.jpegC8FDDC35-BFA3-4683-9BBA-A850DD319A4C.thumb.jpeg.fff03489626221d9b4941aec75caf7c4.jpeg

IT might just be a trick to the eye, but it seems to me the tyre isn't as tall on the stock tyre. When you buy a tyre for a car you have rim size, tyre height, tyre width. On these EUC tyres the height is not specified. I aspect that could be the cause of scraping that was the reason given by KS  not going for the CST tyre.  

Anyway very lovely pictures thank you for posting. 

As for tyre choice, I am still waiting for my KS16X and I make own judgement once I have this rather than jumping the gun. Also I like to wait out for the first real firmware update from KS.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:18 AM, DragonFZ said:

I know how to fall, roll etc, did some MMA and BJJ stuff... but when your feet is up in the air going east and your upper body is going west... at that moment you know there is no pushing from or rotation is too late, all you say is "oh shit" and just brace yourself for the ground. Now, unless you're a cat and know how to rotate in mid air (without ground push) that would help. Gearing up plus shoulders and back protection for us older folks would be the best solution.

Precisely! No point in thinking any previous training will cover you adequately in all type of falls. Sure, previous fall training from martial arts, etc., will serve you well in some circumstances where there's some leeway, but in others you won't even have the time to say "oh shit" because you're busy hitting the ground :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/13/2019 at 1:56 PM, ir_fuel said:

Downloading from the website only works for Android.

and is completely unsafe for most users, a good portion of Android security issues have been because of side-loaded apps. :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harvey Pooka said:

What I love about your post is that you can speak from a point of view of training and actual experience. I laugh whenever I see someone post that they don't need protection because they "learned how to roll or fall" or that they fell once and weren't injured so rolling properly is the only skill they need.

For the people who learned, they usually learned in a controlled environment with nice clear areas (possibly padded), not areas with rocks, poles, hydrants, curbs, debris, potholes etc. Learning to fall is a harm reduction technique, like wearing protection. Neither one should replace the other but work well together.

Agreed. I've done my share of martial arts myself, and it's definitely helped in one of my (two) falls where I got that little extra time before hitting the ground. There's a limit to that however, and anyone who thinks they've learned "how to fall correctly" and thus will not be injured when riding an EUC are in for a rough awakening (that hopefully won't happen, but..).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Harvey Pooka said:

I've had one speed wobble fall where my previous learned rolling skills kicked in. It was the most beautiful textbook perfect shoulder roll you will ever see in the history of shoulder rolls. Right into a thorn bush.

Did the bush survive? No need to ask about ypu since you write here :w00t2:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CampDylan said:

Now, because of those two incidences and the fact that this will be my first EUC, and the fact that I’m much older, 52, as I wait for my 16 X I have already purchased a full-face Troy Lee designs helmet and their upper body armor pullover. I am now shopping for kneepads after watching dozens of videos that show most riders seem to go right to their knees like skateboarders when bailing.  

52!!! You're OLD!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CampDylan said:

Now, because of those two incidences and the fact that this will be my first EUC, and the fact that I’m much older, 52, as I wait for my 16 X I have already purchased a full-face Troy Lee designs helmet and their upper body armor pullover. I am now shopping for kneepads after watching dozens of videos that show most riders seem to go right to their knees like skateboarders when bailing.  

@CampDylan
This 50 year old has 2 solid options for you.

Most often I am using Rev'it Tornado 2 Motorcycle pants with Level 2 armor for knees and hips (you have to upgrade the hips, it comes with level 1).   They work great in Texas heat.

If you want straight up protection, check the Leatt Dual Axis Knee and Shins, I've got a set and like them a lot.

Worth saying is both these options I yet haven't tested out the hard way yet, knock wood, I won't.

Also do not forget your Demon Flexmeter Dual sided D3o wrist guards - wrist guards are mandatory.

Edited by Mike Paolini
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2