KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

10 minutes ago, cyfur said:

Ouch. Is that per tire? Would it be any cheaper/tire to send a bunch to one address?

Yes, per tire....that's insanely high shipping cost....

I just checked with online calculation tool. If I stack 10 tires together as one shipment.

the cost is basically x 10

https://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/U_english/index.jsp?ID=24020805

per tire is 1.8 kg, 46cm x 46cm x 7.6cm (before putting in a box, postal office said for international shipping, i can't just wrap it with plastic / tape)

Are there other transport companies available to you? UPS, DHL etc.

16 minutes ago, hsiang@tw said:

for international shipping, i can't just wrap it with plastic / tape)

That doesn’t make sense. Every single tire I’ve bought online has arrived just wrapped with tape. Unless there are different rules for individual customers vs a company. Which wouldn’t be the first, but doesn’t make any sense either.

Edit: Either way, those are the prices I’m used to paying, and I would still buy at least a 18x3.0 and a 16x2.50 for ~50USD. But I’m not expecting it to make sense for you to start distributing individual orders like this.

Edited by mrelwood

4 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Are there other transport companies available to you? UPS, DHL etc.

That doesn’t make sense. Every single tire I’ve bought online has arrived just wrapped with tape. Unless there are different rules for individual customers vs a company. Which wouldn’t be the first, but doesn’t make any sense either.

i found an article comparing shipping companies and the costs shipping to U.S.

https://blog.xuite.net/qzwxeasd/Note/175543907-臺灣寄美國運費比較+TW+to+USA+Freight

it says Postal Office is the cheapest comparing to TNT/FedEX/DHL/UPS..........that's ridiculous...

10 minutes ago, hsiang@tw said:

i found an article comparing shipping companies and the costs shipping to U.S.

https://blog.xuite.net/qzwxeasd/Note/175543907-臺灣寄美國運費比較+TW+to+USA+Freight

it says Postal Office is the cheapest comparing to TNT/FedEX/DHL/UPS..........that's ridiculous...

Ouch.  You should probably cancel the order, if possible.  I'm sure some people wouldn't mind paying the extra shipping, but you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of extra tires either.  But extra points to you for trying to be a team player.  much appreciated.

My chinese wife asked the seller if this is really the Chao Yang H-5167 tire. 

Answer was: NO, it's not the H-5167, but he doesn't say at the same time what type it is. :eff04a58a6:

They send her this picture and it looks like the H-5102

IMG-20190819-WA0004.jpg

Edited by buell47

1 hour ago, Genghis said:

Ouch.  You should probably cancel the order, if possible.  I'm sure some people wouldn't mind paying the extra shipping, but you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of extra tires either.  But extra points to you for trying to be a team player.  much appreciated.

The tire itself is very cheap comparing to the shipping cost. I mean.....if you guys don't mind the shipping cost, then i can still send them to you guys. Total cost is roughly 53 USD, give or take (9 + 4 + 40)

ps. for the record, i don't make any money out of this....

my intention was some people can try out this amazing tire before everyone calling it the BEST one for 16X (the stock one is shitty anyway)

If Jason from eWheel @Jason McNeil can bulk order on this tire, it would be the best and easiest for everyone.

btw, @mrelwood I checked with my Taobao seller on 16x2.5 18x2.5 18x3.0, but unfortunately all H-5102 for current batch they have. Otherwise I would like to put on my MSX too.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Answer was: NO, it's not the H-5167, but he doesn't say at the same time what type it is. :eff04a58a6:

IMG-20190819-WA0004.jpg

Update! 

My wife asked again, then the guy asked a other guy and he said, they have the 5167 but they don't send it to germany. :furious:

13 minutes ago, buell47 said:

IMG-20190819-WA0004.jpg

that's correct, it's H-5102. It says Enhanced/Durable on the image (and that's H-5102 for the current batch)

I also put the Puncture Proof - Chinese translation below(H-5167 for the current batch)

screen.jpg.d2b6574afe537c38165ee0a553f048aa.jpg

It looks like the same seller where i got mine. I don't think they will ship to U.S though, because I asked the seller if they can ship to U.S and he/she said nope.

But as Mr.Elwood mentioned earlier, you simply cannot trust the image on their merchant page. You have to triple check with their customer service and warehouse.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Omg this is a big task to get the CYT.

Found this

https://de.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-electric-scooter-tires-16.html

04C6E97A-D909-44A0-81EB-991AFBF67C9D.thumb.jpeg.a4a2ac85a489cf92fd10a0f39304bff0.jpeg

Good job !! the image is H-5167 indeed.

but it says "Note buyers: Patterns are not the same as the photo, H-5102 H-5146 or others, we would send random." (with a little help from google translate.....)

9 hours ago, Gustesta said:

I decided to make a video showing that the crappy factory tire is not that crappy!

You may see how carving is possible, no wobbling, speed and, in the end, a override wobble techinque.  

At the first sign you feel the wobble, just stand up and don't bend your knees.  That will equally weight your feet.

If you pay close attention to the video, every time my wheel starts to wobble (at the first sign) I just stand up and it instantly stops. 

Insta360 One X GPS sucks.  Speed was faster at some moments.

You may hear how SILENT this wheel is!

Sorry but that video doesn't prove anything.

As stated here plenty of times, the issue only arises when doing 25mph and braking HARD. I didn't see one hard braking in that video. I can make 20 of those videos with my KS16X without any issues of wobbles, but that's completely not the point.

14 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Today I met up with @Azze80 for some skill practice.
We practiced slow carving, twisting, backwards riding, some high speed riding and braking.
His 16X was at 180km. We changed the tilt back to 50kmh and the alarm to 48kmh.
My riding weight was 66kg. I took it up to 43kmh quickly and it tilted me back two degrees for less than a second.
I took it up slowly to 45 and it did fine.
I took it up to 47 quickly and it oscillated 3 times quickly. As soon as I felt the oscillation I backed off the speed.
I took it up to 50 slowly and it did fine and I could hold 50 for a few seconds before I ran out of track.

I also did some riding on asphalt and as my calves/legs/ankles don't touch the side pads when riding I felt that all potholes, bumps, cracks, etc were amplified.
Sometimes I try to get my legs off the MSX pads and move my feet out but that is no easy task. On the 16X it's the opposite and becomes the default stance.
Gripping the wheel slightly made it much easier to handle imperfections. I see this is a skill issue though and it can also be worked around by using 2cm pads per side.

Extra padding can help you, but the problem is your legs hardly touch the euc when hanging behind it when braking hard. When just going fast it feels pretty stable to me.

I'm extremely jealous on your backward riding skills! Damn!

What pressure was the KS16X?

42 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Sorry but that video doesn't prove anything.

As stated here plenty of times, the issue only arises when doing 25mph and braking HARD. I didn't see one hard braking in that video. I can make 20 of those videos with my KS16X without any issues of wobbles, but that's completely not the point.

I don't care about what you think!  

People are getting wobbles at different speeds.  Specially at higher speeds.

The camera GPS is not accurate.

My point was to show the wheel, how it carves etc.

I don't get any wobbling even when braking hard.  Just stand still and equally weight your feet.

So, take care of your own business and give me a break!

Edited by Gustesta
  • Upvote 1

LOL, seems I stepped on someone's toes. :lol:

Your point was to show that the "crappy" tire isn't crappy. You made it sound as if for some people the wheel was impossible to ride because of the tire. Something nobody ever claimed here.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:11 PM, greentung said:

Hills everywhere in Seattle. Heck. I live in the middle of a hill. Throw in beat up roads, sidewalks with no ramps, and occasional biker trying to trip you up, it can be quite the adventure riding in Seattle. But what a time to be alive in the EUC era. 

With the road conditions in Seattle I will not buy another EUC with less than 3" wide tire. 

This is a concern for me and I am currently shopping around for an EUC to commute in Seattle. What EUCs are out there with this particular attribute?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Adam Finch said:

This is a concern for me and I am currently shopping around for an EUC to commute in Seattle. What EUCs are out there with this particular attribute?

The only EUCs with a 3" wide tire are the KS-16X (16x3.0"), Gotway Nikola (16x3.0") and Gotway Msuper X (18x3.0").

Then there is the Ninebot Z10 (18x4.1"), but it behaves like a wild beast in a leash whenever you ride over grooves or other small surface formations.

(Gotway Mten doesn't count since the tire diameter is only 10".)

10 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

I think @Jason McNeil will bulk order and distribute these if we agree on which tire is the best.

Agree!  If we agree (it's a stretch...I know), I too believe Jason could potentially agree to stock a preferred tire.

6 hours ago, hsiang@tw said:

The tire itself is very cheap comparing to the shipping cost. I mean.....if you guys don't mind the shipping cost, then i can still send them to you guys. Total cost is roughly 53 USD, give or take (9 + 4 + 40)

ps. for the record, i don't make any money out of this....

my intention was some people can try out this amazing tire before everyone calling it the BEST one for 16X (the stock one is shitty anyway)

If Jason from eWheel @Jason McNeil can bulk order on this tire, it would be the best and easiest for everyone.

btw, @mrelwood I checked with my Taobao seller on 16x2.5 18x2.5 18x3.0, but unfortunately all H-5102 for current batch they have. Otherwise I would like to put on my MSX too.

I'm ok with the cost.  I PM'd you.  If you are still willing to get a few of the tires with tube, I'll be glad to PayPal you the $$ in order to defray any out-of-pocket costs on your end.  I would rather lay out a few extra bucks to ensure the correct tire (pattern) then experiment on Amazon or AliExpress.  Hsiang, count me for tire & tube.

2 hours ago, Adam Finch said:

It depends on the Seattle commute route. I commute to work on the mten3 and z10 all of last year including rain drenched winter. I use Z10 if it's raining. The last 3rd of my commute is up a hill on a really beat up road. It's doable on the small diameter mten3 or thin tire MCM5, but I have to be careful. 

Going by the specs the KS 16X or Nikola should be good commuting wheels for Seattle's poor road condition. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, hsiang@tw said:

I decide to do you guys a favor. I will buy like 10 or more H-5167 16x3.0 puncture proof tires from my taobao seller and once I receive and confirm then i will ship to you guys all over the world.

Sign me up:)

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Then there is the Ninebot Z10 (18x4.1"), but it behaves like a wild beast in a leash whenever you ride over grooves or other small surface formations.

*except for when you actually learn to ride it properly, then this goes away*

. Just averaged over 20mph on my Z10 for 5 miles just minutes ago on lunch. It has issues as far as the wheel itself goes, but it it as stable as a wheel can be. All complaining of the wide tire on an EUC just need to ride for it for awhile before jumping to conclusions. Your troubles will go away if you just learn the wheel as you did when you got your first wheel. 

• Upvote 2