KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

36 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

I wonder which parts need to be disconnected or removed in order to be able to get to change the tire.
The 16X disassembly video just shows the full disassembly, but I guess part of it isn't needed to change the tire.
If you could document it I'm sure it will be useful to many.
Thanks ;) 

Following steps 1-3 you can do one side first then do the other side later.

1. remove pedals

2. to remove side covers, remove 10 screws on each side.(Each side: 2 under top pad, 4 each under side pads)

3. disconnect hall sensor cable and motor cable (one cable on each side)

4. remove 5 big motor screws on each side

5. lift up the LED strap and over the L shape motor pillar so they don't get in the way when you slide down the motor

6. slide down the motor with tire.

That's it !!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hsiang@tw said:

Following steps 1-3 you can do one side first then do the other side later.

1. remove pedals

2. to remove side covers, remove 10 screws on each side.(Each side: 2 under top pad, 4 each under side pads)

3. disconnect hall sensor cable and motor cable (one cable on each side)

4. remove 5 big motor screws on each side

5. lift up the LED strap and over the L shape motor pillar so they don't get in the way when you slide down the motor

6. slide down the motor with tire.

That's it !!

@hsiang@tw 

Please, can you confirm if this is the tire:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MD4XR5M/ref=pe_385040_30332260_pe_301860_26203570_n_id

Or can you send us a link?

Thanks!

Could someone give insight into how everyone's removing their side padding when replacing the tire without destroying the padding?  I'm assuming you need to get to the screws under the padding to remove the sides.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, hsiang@tw said:

I just want to report back here, that I put the CYT 16x3.0 H-5167 on KS16X today and I LOVE IT.

It completely removed the gyro effect of the wheel and no more wobbles. 

and man....this wheel became soooo nimble, like MCM5 on 2.125" tire.

btw, I commute with KS14S and own a MSX, the 16X now feels like 15" nimbleness. So far it feels pretty stable too.

I settled with 30~35 PSI, I usually go 40 PSI on 18 inch wheels but with this tire, it's too squirrelly at 40 PSI.

Some people might love this tire and some people might not. I simply love the nimbleness of smaller wheels in general (and absolutely dislike the gyro effect on Z10)

AND I LOVE THIS TIRE.

If this is anything like the preproduction tire, my sweet spot was 20psi.  Thanks for the info, I’ll go buy one now and swap out the CST tire.  

@Gustesta@Patton250@Azze80@mrelwood

i bought the CYT 16x3.0 H-5167 from Taobao since I live in Taiwan. But i think you can also buy it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/ChaoYang-Electric-Unicycle-Scooter-Bicycle/dp/B07MD4XR5M

this link should be the one @eddiemoywas referring to. But I don't think the 14" one fits 16x3.0 16X

It's more like the seller copied and pasted the description from the 14x2.125, because they even use the same image.

https://www.amazon.com/ChaoYang-14-2-50-Electric-Unicycle-Scooter/dp/B07MNFN77K

H-5167 pattern looks like this

9432936346_2003868111.310x310.jpg.60f53e670c48b55da06768b0e0522cc6.jpg

I attached 2 images of the tire I installed.81891.thumb.jpg.eb232d4e7589305bcb6470f39b07afca.jpg81894.thumb.jpg.baca060df37b9baf3d5ddf0a60e49f56.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, hsiang@tw said:

i bought the CYT 16x3.0 H-5167 from Taobao since I live in Taiwan. But i think you can also buy it on Amazon.

this link should be the one @eddiemoywas referring to. But I don't think the 14" one fits 16x3.0 16X

It's more like the seller copied and pasted the description from the 14x2.125, because they even use the same image.

https://www.amazon.com/ChaoYang-14-2-50-Electric-Unicycle-Scooter/dp/B07MNFN77K

H-5167 pattern looks like this

9432936346_2003868111.310x310.jpg.60f53e670c48b55da06768b0e0522cc6.jpg

I attached 2 images of the tire I installed.81891.thumb.jpg.eb232d4e7589305bcb6470f39b07afca.jpg81894.thumb.jpg.baca060df37b9baf3d5ddf0a60e49f56.jpg

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

You may see how carving is possible, no wobbling, speed and, in the end, a override wobble techinque.

To me ”no wobbling” would mean that a technique to stop wobbling was not required. Anyway, the straight legs technique only works on smooth surfaces. I don’t do those very much.

For killing a braking wobble when the road is not smooth (or if there is no road), carve back and forth as you brake. 

@hsiang@tw thanks! I have heard nothing but praise on the 5167! I wish I’ll get to ride it in any size some day.

I have bought a 5167 in size 16x2.5” twice, both times receiving a different pattern. After that I always confirmed with the seller first, and the response was always that they can’t provide that tire anymore, and would just ship a different one. Best not to trust the pictures, since for the Chinese the tread pattern doesn’t seem to matter much.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hsiang@tw said:

this link should be the one @eddiemoywas referring to.

This link is correct according to the seller. I just posted a question on Amazon and got an immediate response saying they used the 14x2.125 photo as they didn't have one for the 16x3.0.

I've pointed out that the size quoted in the features and description is wrong too.

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, hsiang@tw said:

ah...fxxk it, I decide to do you guys a favor. I will buy like 10 or more H-5167 16x3.0 puncture proof tires from my taobao seller and once I receive and confirm then i will ship to you guys all over the world.

BECAUSE, it costs only 50 RMB(like 7 dollars) on Taobao and it costs 50 USD on Amazon

Wow, did not know the markup was 700%. You're the real hero.

Sign me up for one tire please :)

Edited by chrisjunlee

17 minutes ago, hsiang@tw said:

I don't know the shipping cost yet and I don't even have paypal account, but I will figure them out.

@Gustesta@Patton250@mrelwood@eddiemoy

let me know if you guys are interested.

I'm very interested.

I thought I just ordered one on Amazon, but my order confirmation said I'd ordered the 14x2.125!

I cancelled that order, and now there are no 16x3.0 tires in stock (there were 5 earlier).

Edited by Jon Stern

I just ordered 12 sets of 16x3.0 H-5167 puncture proof tire(same as on my 16X) with inner tube.

The combo with inner tube is 63 RMB(9 USD), tire only is 50 RMB (7 USD)

The Chinese seller is too cheap to give discount, like 1 RMB off each set..... come on !! really?!

hope you guys don't mind spare inner tube.

The shipping cost from China to Taiwan is estimated 27 RMB (3.85 USD) each.

and there's one more shipping cost from Taiwan to wherever you are.

Edited by hsiang@tw
typo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, hsiang@tw said:

I just ordered 12 sets of 16x3.0 H-5167 puncture proof tire(same as on my 16X) with inner tube.

The Chinese seller is too cheap to give discount, like 1 RMB less each set..... come on !! really?!

The shipping cost from China to Taiwan is estimated 27 RMB (3.85 USD)

I'd be interested in getting one of these tires from you as well. Maybe someone in the US/Euro could act as the shipping middleman for other interested forum members to make it easier for you?

ah...fxxk it, I decide to do you guys a favor. I will buy like 10 or more H-5167 16x3.0 puncture proof tires from my taobao seller and once I receive and confirm then i will ship to you guys all over the world.

Oh man, I hope the global shipping costs won’t bite you and others in the behindy... When buying tires from Yoycart, they seemed so cheap until they slam on the ~$40 shipping costs. Anyway, what a team spirit you are!

I don’t have plans for getting a 16x3.0” wheel just yet, but I would definitely get the H-5167 in 18x3.0, 16x2.50, and 18x2.50 (one each). If you decide to take those in as well, I’m in!

Edit: I’d be the EU middleman, but international postage rates from Finland are just ridiculous, it would defeat the whole purpose.

Edited by mrelwood

1 hour ago, hsiang@tw said:

So I asked the seller again if they ship different pattern randomly or what. The seller told me that it depends on the batch they have. So if you buy it now it comes with H-5167, you buy the same spec few months later, it might come with different pattern. (ps. just checked with seller, this batch of enhanced tire is H-5102 only, but the puncture proof one is H-5167)

BECAUSE, it costs only 50 RMB(like 7 dollars) on Taobao and it costs 50 USD on Amazon

i am sure it will still be wayyyy cheaper plus the global shipping. and you guys will be sure to receive the H-5167.

I don't know the shipping cost yet and I don't even have paypal account, but I will figure them out.

@Gustesta@Patton250@mrelwood@eddiemoy

let me know if you guys are interested.

Thanks... I'm interested in one.

22 minutes ago, VonWiffen said:

Just joined this amazing forum after getting my KS16X last week.

I would like to buy one from you if still available. I live in Sweden but the tire can be shipped to Singapore (guessing that's cheaper).

Best regards Johan

Gave you your first react! Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cyfur said:
34 minutes ago, hsiang@tw said:

The Chinese seller is too cheap to give discount, like 1 RMB less each set..... come on !! really?!

The shipping cost from China to Taiwan is estimated 27 RMB (3.85 USD)

I'd be interested in getting one of these tires from you as well. Maybe someone in the US/Euro could act as the shipping middleman for other interested forum members to make it easier for you?

A trusted middleman may be cheaper for everyone involved, as long as there is a willing participant in doing the extra work of reshipping. 

Now I'm curious why there isn't a comparable seller on some of the large Chinese international merchant sites.  I may need to do some searching at some point.

• Upvote 1

@mrelwood is right AGAIN about the shipping cost.

I just went to local postal office during my lunch break

Since the tire cannot be folded, the shipping cost is calculated by Volume.

The estimated shipping cost to US and Finland /Sweden is about 40 USD !!

i don't know if that is still worth it for you guys...............

ps. I'm glad I placed order but i haven't paid for it.

Edited by hsiang@tw
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, hsiang@tw said:

@mrelwood is right AGAIN about the shipping cost.

I just went to local postal office during my lunch break

Since the tire cannot be folded, the shipping cost is calculated by Volume.

The estimated shipping cost to US and Finland /Sweden is about 40 USD !!

i don't know if that is still worth it for you guys...............

Ouch. Is that per tire? Would it be any cheaper/tire to send a bunch to one address?

• Upvote 2