THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 6/7/2019 at 2:34 PM, Rehab1 said:

My wife asked me to do some yard work. Guess she thought I couldn't ride and clean the drive at the same time.

If I did yard work I would so be doing this :thumbup:

• Like 3

On 6/4/2019 at 12:31 PM, Rehab1 said:

No challenge needed. I will gladly hand @Scatcat the baton and trophy. 

A have no intention whatsoever of trying to outdo @EUC Extreme neither off road or on road - snow or ice optional. It would be like an old VW Beatle flipping a Koenigsegg the bird and trying to drag race it...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

A have no intention whatsoever of trying to outdo @EUC Extreme neither off road or on road - snow or ice optional. It would be like an old VW Beatle flipping a Koenigsegg the bird and trying to drag race it...

If not you who gets the baton next?  :)

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2019 at 4:51 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

I went for a ride with my friend the other day. When we were heading back I let him take the lead and we were riding side by side at some point. Then all of a sudden he just leaned to the left and he was gone. I got no indication from his body language that he was intending to turn. We have totally different turning styles. I ride my MSX like a Z10 and he rides his like an ACM. I do a lot of electric longboarding and also ride a Onewheel so I guess that might have affected my style.

Sure thing!  Indeed totally different styles for different machines.  I had a OW+ and it was a whole new world.  Also cool and fun, but the nosedive danger made me sell it!  I'm waiting for the new Pint!

On 6/10/2019 at 7:16 PM, Flyboy10 said:

Had my first high speed fall on the KS 18XL.

The wheels fell a few times, but your skills were impressive, especially in the rocky sections. I liked the camera angle that was low but showed the entire rider (vs. just the wheel). It gave the riders a towering look that was very cool at speed. You guys are showing King Song is a serious choice for off-roading!

• Like 2

On 6/9/2019 at 11:53 PM, t33m said:

Day three on the MSX and I still haven't been able to use up all her power. Amazing!

Some quickly cut footage while I continue to figure out the can software and best export settings. Someday I'll compile all my footage and make a proper video. Shout-out to Onewheel Boston for the good times.

Awesome! And its funny, this video makes me wish i went with the 360 over my hero7 now. I pulled the trigger on the hero 7 because of the "livestreaming capabilities", which, if any of you have tried, is a total gimmick. It works...like 50% of the time. And you have to fight with it for a good hour to get a stream started. Quality is laughable, even on solid wifi. Its just...ugh.... On the plus, it makes for a great dashcam and the image quality is pretty high. What are you shooting/exporting at here?

11 minutes ago, seage said:

Awesome! And its funny, this video makes me wish i went with the 360 over my hero7 now. I pulled the trigger on the hero 7 because of the "livestreaming capabilities", which, if any of you have tried, is a total gimmick. It works...like 50% of the time. And you have to fight with it for a good hour to get a stream started. Quality is laughable, even on solid wifi. Its just...ugh.... On the plus, it makes for a great dashcam and the image quality is pretty high. What are you shooting/exporting at here?

Get all the wheels and get all the cams! Just kidding. Use the GoPro to it's strengths.
It has good slomo capability, good stabilisation, awesome overlay for stats, an excellent linear mode, an excellent superwide mode and it is not prone to scratching.

I would love a one x though.

7 hours ago, seage said:

Insta360 one (no x, the older one)

It's 4k native originally but spread out 360 is not very pixel dense so I think it ends up being close to 720 or 1080p ish when flat. It's nice that you don't really have to pay attention and "shoot" everything in post. But what is funny is I wish I just bought a go pro and had 4k quality instead of 720ish when doing flat videos.

Good news is I got the camera used for $150 w mem card and accessories included. All the fancy ppl are out buying the insta360 one x which is 5.7k instead of the 4k here and selling the OG for less

Just spent another $89 to get a Yi 4k action camera. I guess we'll see how it does compared to go pro. Will prob shoot in 1080 for higher fps

Edited by t33m
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, seage said:

You shouldn't be having issues live streaming from your HERO7 BLACK, so long as you have a decent connection.

Somebody from GoPro technical support wants to get in touch with you. Please see my personal message.

3 hours ago, EUC GUY said:

A few days ago i had the clever idea of crossing the woods on a private road without any extra tools or bacup, from Oslo city to hønefoss capital.
Quite the stretch, but my 2400wh monster charged to 99% was able to do it. beginning of video shows the distance with google earth. 

Private road where motorized vehicles are not allowed, but here in Norway, EUC's are classed as bikes, so that was no issue. 

I dont expect anyone to watch it all as its mostly me riding at high speed, talking and looking around, but for anyone with 40 min to spare, put me up on the big tv of yours and have it as backgroun noise ;) 

That trip looked sweet!

Do you know how high you were (above sealevel)?

I would love to try that trip on my XL if I'm ever in the area, though probably start somewhere around Kollen than Oslo Øst.
I've had a few 60km+ trips on my wheel, so I ought to be able to do it (one way at least, as you did).

Please do make more of these trips!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Olav said:

That trip looked sweet!

Do you know how high you were (above sealevel)?

I would love to try that trip on my XL if I'm ever in the area, though probably start somewhere around Kollen than Oslo Øst.
I've had a few 60km+ trips on my wheel, so I ought to be able to do it (one way at least, as you did).

Please do make more of these trips!

im not sure about height, but perhaps the photosi showed in video is of any indication. took a long time to get back down.perhaps you could do this road on it as well. would be fun go get more on it or others like it.

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

My 84-volt Nikola almost survives my mountain proving grounds, but burns up on Overheat Hill :crying:

Wow, that's no good at all.  Happy you had a full face helmet on though and a huge thank you for destroying your board for the greater good. 

For the vast majority of riders in sure the Nikola is a great wheel. It didnt have any issues in NM. 

I'm still holding out hope for the 16x demo wheel finding you after it makes the rounds. Your mnt stress tests hold more sway on my wheel choices than any other tests. 

"I have other wheels to ride" understatement of the year!  :roflmao:

• Like 1