THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Just attended the Electric Games in France... Hundreds of riders, well organized, and AMAZING. Here's my video: 

When do you get to test the KS16X again in Beijing?  Answer: next week,  just  for people read at a later date, should be week 26(I missed it on my first watch) 

BTW a blast to watch. If I only had a 1/3 of your skills and 1/4 of your crazy braveness 😁

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Just attended the Electric Games in France... Hundreds of riders, well organized, and AMAZING. Here's my video: 

That was great to watch Kuji :cheers:

So please tell us how you safely/reliably were able to travel with your wheels? Reliably meaning, you knew for sure that they wouldn't be rejected at the airport.

Too many stories of wheels even without batteries being disallowed to fly.

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Monika is really getting the hang of it! Congrats! :thumbup:  I was hoping she was going to perform a @Hirsute move and jump on the wheel as it was rolling. Maybe next week. 

48087123776_d19eb2c124_b.jpg

I got so inspired by her consistently getting the wheel to ride on it's own that I semi-tried the move. But I chickened out halfway.
Perhaps next time. 

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Very nice. She was so excited to almost make the whole lap :D  She has a real knack for getting the wheel to roll without her on it :lol:

That's going to be so great, that the two of you will be able to ride together :cheers: And good strategy for rationalizing the purchase of another wheel ;)

You got me! :clap3:

Yeah it's quite amazing how she gets it to keep rolling haha. Today she learned how to mount and kick off on her own. So bit by bit she is putting the puzzle pieces together.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yeah it's quite amazing how she gets it to keep rolling haha. Today she learned how to mount and kick off on her own. So bit by bit she is putting the puzzle pieces together.

I wounder who just lost his MSX.... 

Joke a side nice to see another learning the freedom of EUCs. Give her a 👍👌 from me please 😀

53 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

What what wheel are you considering for yourself? :P

I watched a TV show on Sunday where the presenter went to Gloucester's fishing port, sampled fresh tuna just off the boat and ended the episode with a wine and dine scene at a house on Mussel Point. I rode the Monster out on Mussel Point road on Monday, sent the Spark up and took some video.

Above Mussel Point - GloucesterAbove Mussel Point - Gloucester

Here's a link to a 360 photosphere of Gloucester harbor

https://kuula.co/post/7kxj8

Edited by Bob Eisenman

13 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

She's beginning to believe.

Watching people learn to ride EUCs has weirdly become one of my favorite things. Especially if you are able to catch that moment when it clicks (sometimes multiple), it's like magic going from an awkward duck to a graceful swan in mere moments.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

I wounder who just lost his MSX.... 

Joke a side nice to see another learning the freedom of EUCs. Give her a 👍👌 from me please 😀

Haha I don't know if the MSX is the right wheel for her and that's why I have been considering a Nikola or a KS16X.
My MSX took me quite a while to get used to and I will see how long she is on the Ninebot before I let her try my MSX.
On the other hand riding the MSX let me get better at the Ninebot and riding the Ninebot gave me a chance to learn the basics of some skills which I developed further with the MSX. Like riding single legged, riding backwards. Now recently I have started jumping with my Ninebot. I am going to make some padding for my MSX and start jumping with it as well.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

What what wheel are you considering for yourself? :P

Strongly considering the Nikola 100v ($2336) 1840 or KS16x ($1800). Prices from Ali. The 100v price is a bit off putting though. An 18XL would be $1700. Still.. the Nikola is a very complete wheel.

1 hour ago, tenofnine said:

Watching people learn to ride EUCs has weirdly become one of my favorite things. Especially if you are able to catch that moment when it clicks (sometimes multiple), it's like magic going from an awkward duck to a graceful swan in mere moments.

Haha yes. Today is her birthday (she turns 39). I'm going to take her out to the small track nearby when she wakes up and let her do her practice. I'll bring my GoPro so I can have some proper footage of her learning. It's also good for her to get a feeling of achievement. Then afterwards we will take a ride on our electric longboards, do our workout and then grab lunch and maybe a beer.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha I don't know if the MSX is the right wheel for her and that's why I have been considering a Nikola or a KS16X.
My MSX took me quite a while to get used to and I will see how long she is on the Ninebot before I let her try my MSX.
On the other hand riding the MSX let me get better at the Ninebot and riding the Ninebot gave me a chance to learn the basics of some skills which I developed further with the MSX. Like riding single legged, riding backwards. Now recently I have started jumping with my Ninebot. I am going to make some padding for my MSX and start jumping with it as well.

Strongly considering the Nikola 100v ($2336) 1840 or KS16x ($1800). Prices from Ali. The 100v price is a bit off putting though. An 18XL would be $1700. Still.. the Nikola is a very complete wheel.

Haha yes. Today is her birthday (she turns 39). I'm going to take her out to the small track nearby when she wakes up and let her do her practice. I'll bring my GoPro so I can have some proper footage of her learning. It's also good for her to get a feeling of achievement. Then afterwards we will take a ride on our electric longboards, do our workout and then grab lunch and maybe a beer.

I guess I'm perceived as biased, but that 100-volt Nikola with the large battery sure looks good. I tell you, the Nikola is the best riding wheel I've ever used.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I guess I'm perceived as biased, but that 100-volt Nikola with the large battery sure looks good. I tell you, the Nikola is the best riding wheel I've ever used.

But what will the extra weight do to the balance of the wheel? It’s already a heavy wheel but rides beautifully, just not sure what those changes will do to the ride. 

• Like 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

And that's one of the main reasons it's at the top of my list. I've heard nothing but good things about the Nikola. The clips you have posted show it as being a very capable wheel already in its 84v version. I don't think there are any real problems with the 84v version as it is although I did follow everything that happened regarding Overheat Hill. For now I see it as a n=1 human error thing related to just your mosfets in particular. I doubt all Nikola will suffer the same fate.

Also... I think the Nikola looks better and more refined than the KS16x. The KS16x lights are a disappointment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

But what will the extra weight do to the balance of the wheel? It’s already a heavy wheel but rides beautifully, just not sure what those changes will do to the ride. 

Good point. I will have to check what the final weight of the wheel will be.
According to Ali the package weight for the 100v 1230 is 29kg and for the 100v 1840 it is 30kg.

Also I doubt she will ever ride out the range on a 1600wh + wheel. So maybe some in between wheel could be an option.
Aaaaand down the rabbit hole we gooooooooo. MCM5!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

That is a bit of an unknown, but I can't believe there's much difference between 1840 and 1600. The extra batteries must be below the existing ones, so it's not going to make the wheel feel more top-heavy, I would think.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Oh i definitely didnt know 'for sure' that i wasnt going to be rejected, but i knew my odds would be better if i disassembled it so it didnt actually look like a self-balancing vehicle. I took two carry-on suitcases and put the motor+tire in one and then the frame+pedals+tools in the other. I didnt take the battery with me since my french buddy let me borrow one of his. After seeing a battery backpack explode at the competition... i understand why batteries cant be flown. 

Wow, that was some effort to get it there. Glad it worked out. Given the availability of wheels in France, you might even be able to rent one?

You can't leave us hanging - backpack exploded??? :popcorn:

5 hours ago, tenofnine said:

I can still relate to the learning process. It was such a roller-coaster period, from on earth do they do this whit such ease.. To the small wins to the click moment. 

Maybe it is part why I work with it support these days, but being able to assist with tips an encouragement, gives such a rewarding feeling, when a new user show of their accomplishment. 

Hehe like @PogArt Artur "walking the dog between the bins" video. No offence ment but that was funny to watch 👌😉

12 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Awesome video and what an amazing experience that must have been! We're planning a smaller event in Los Angeles October 26th! 

http://www.laeucgames.com

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Your footage gave us a glimpse of the excitement at this event! Very enjoyable!

On 6/18/2019 at 12:23 AM, stephen said:

Just bought a back bar for some filming it looks strange but when it's at the front looks like I've got a big penis ,,, i know some of you guys are going to say that's normal 😂😂😂 I'm ready for the jokes 🤣🤣 anyway I'll upload a video soon , it's kind of Good actually and doesn't unbalance me .i just need to make sure it's tight so it doesn't bounce as much  but it was only a test video 👍 i just hope i don't fall lol ,but it will do for some videos as it won't unbalance me due to the weight been central overall I'm happy ,it was only £25 it will probably look better under my top so its hidden ,

Anyway here's the quick video test i did , I'll do more later and make sure it's tight and position  it right , you can position it to any angle as well so i can do many different Veiws 

IMG-20190617-171153.jpg
IMG-20190617-171126.jpg

I was tempted to get one too but didn't like how it looks in the recorded video. It makes you look like you are wearing a Postpartum Belly Wrap! :facepalm:

• Upvote 1