THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

17 minutes ago, Unventor said:

That is just cruel... 😈

On the other hand right now you can imagine anything for those bloopers... 🤡

I however would to she after a few weeks... And the grace she is floating around. 😇

When I ride I do it in crash test dummy style... No grace about unfortunately 🤕

It can be fun to watch as long as no one is hurt. I was not too proud to post my crashes this past winter. I love when @Hirsute shows the bloopers at the end of his videos. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

It can be fun to watch as long as no one is hurt. I was not too proud to post my crashes this past winter. I love when @Hirsute shows the bloopers at the end of his videos. 

I know what you mean.. Jackie Chan bloopers are some of the funnies as he do most stunts himself. 

Sadly I don't like the idea to ride with selphy stick, but maybe the new KS16X might have good place to fasten my Sony action cam, thinking suction cup on the top front part.

US make Ram Mounts make some good quality items. Just found a local place to buy it from. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Sadly I don't like the idea to ride with selphy stick, but maybe the new KS16X might have good place to fasten my Sony action cam, thinking suction cup on the top front part.

There are a lot of flat surfaces on the 16x to attach mounts. If you decide to go the suction cup route just yank on it a few times to make sure it is secure.

I like attaching a Gopro to my wheels with the adhesive mounts. If I elect to change the mount’s location I just grab my wife’s hair dryer and apply a little heat. I have never lost a camera. 

13 hours ago, stephen said:

Just another vid using the back bar on the road, its quite stable tbh, i don't like this angle i prefer it further down so you can see the road on the video but I've posted anyway still testing options

I like this angle. You seem to be stating the road is not visible, but I can see the road fine. Another aspect I like in this footage is seeing your entire body and the surroundings (vs. just legs on a wheel).

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, who_the said:

Insta360 X Back Bar videos are so hot right now... Here's another one. :) Filmed this in January in NYC — thanks @Tishawn Fahie for the wheels, really enjoyed them — I used to live there and had a blast riding through the city. 

That Back Bar is definitely cool. But man, the stock stick is just too short IMO. Makes you look too distorted and seems to amplify your arm movements.

Probably perfect as a 360 video since that format just about eliminates all distortions.

7 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

Another one from @eddiemoy 👍🏾😁 keep me coming guys/gals..

@eddiemoy, why aren't you posting your various videos on the Forum? Don't be shy ;)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That Back Bar is definitely cool. But man, the stock stick is just too short IMO. Makes you look too distorted and seems to amplify your arm movements.

Wasn't fully extended. Too unwieldy out in front of me at 35 mph in NYC traffic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Heading down the road on my Monster I was passed by a driver towing a boat on a trailer....

Good job you wasn't on the corner . Drivers don't care much sometimes

53 minutes ago, stephen said:

Drivers don't care much sometimes

On the same day in the neighboring state of New Hampshire, following an annual week long event called 'Laconia',

http://www.laconiamcweek.com/

a truck with a big trailer in tow had a major accident with a group of motorcycle riders near 'Mt Washington' leaving....7 dead..

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/22/735027835/pickup-truck-in-new-hampshire-collides-with-marine-motorcycle-group-leaving-7-de

23 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Some more practice today.
And now she can basically ride out and about as long as there aren't any major obstacles, traffic, situations, etc.

Short version:

Longer version:

She is getting closer. I guess she do sking in winter season? 

If so she only need to do like when skiing, focus on relaxation and slight bending knees. I bet that is the last bit for her to gain full control. 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unventor said:

She is getting closer. I guess she do sking in winter season? 

If so she only need to do like when skiing, focus on relaxation and slight bending knees. I bet that is the last bit for her to gain full control. 👍

She has never skied in her life. Yes, the last part is getting some bent knees and some carving. :)
The good thing is that she is getting a lot more volume in her riding now.

Next time I will bring my MSX so the can learn to ride that as well. It requires some different technique to ride and will carry over nicely to the Ninebot.

If I had dollar for every time I said "bend your knees" I would have a few more electric unicycles.

9 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

She has never skied in her life. Yes, the last part is getting some bent knees and some carving. :)
The good thing is that she is getting a lot more volume in her riding now.

Next time I will bring my MSX so the can learn to ride that as well. It requires some different technique to ride and will carry over nicely to the Ninebot.

If I had dollar for every time I said "bend your knees" I would have a few more electric unicycles.

She doesn't need to be told, she need to see. 😏

The difference when she gets it and when she doesn't. That is why I recommend filming as you training or learning. She is so close. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Unventor said:

She doesn't need to be told, she need to see. 😏

The difference when she gets it and when she doesn't. That is why I recommend filming as you training or learning. She is so close. 

Oh she has seen... she has seen alright.

Live like a dancer. Ride like a dancer. Fall like a dancer.

• Like 3

@stephenA new twist has entered the array of 'stuff to deal with' (sore knees mostly) while riding the EUC. A recent change in eye glasses prescription and my own request to grind lenses with a wider field of view in the seamless bifocal has resulted in altered depth perception.

Specifically I feel shorter. Apparently this is a common problem for some eye glasses wearers. I'm blind as a bat without glasses and exiting the optometrist office to ride my Monster I was astounded by the change and proceeded slooooowly away on the EUC. 

I'm getting used to the new prescription but find going much faster than 15 mph to be a challenge. My Geo tracker app says I've hit 20 mph a few times. The depth perception of the location of my feet or the ground has the most noticable difference.

The eye Doc found a 'freckle' on the eye (melanocytes) and scheduled a return visit to see if it is getting larger. Of course cataracts exist on both but are not currently a vision problem in terms of riding.

I've adjusted my riding speed but I tend to ride a little slower now.

I suppose it was just one of those days when last week I looked at the commuter rail app quickly caught the train , and found myself on the alternate route north rather than the route to Ipswich , MA. 

My last photo sphere was a make sure I get on the right train type of adventure, photograph the darn place and come home excursion....only to share the road uneventfully with a truck towing a boat on a trailer.

https://images.app.goo.gl/qNMZE78THBnD29nV9

🙄😒