THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

11 hours ago, Marcglider said:

what do you have the alarms set at?.... I have my Tesla set with first 2 off, third one kicks in I think just under 30 mph, If that' what you have set, U got some Big COJONES... :w00t2:

LOL, both alarms off, but this is MCM5 so 3rd alarm is what you hearing, my speed is 35-40km/h (23-25mph). I usually ride slower but at times you just wanna push it (full face helmet, bike jacket, gloves and knee/ sheen pads) complete protection.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That he does. @yourtoys7 loves speed :)

I test wheels on hills. I look to @yourtoys7 to give me confidence that you can ride really fast on these wheels.

thanks @Marty Backe glad I contribute in someway to this community... Usually I try to stay under 3rd alarm, but Im still getting a feel for mcm 5 (on my msuper v3s I could almost know when Im crusing at 45-50 km/h (28-31mph). 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

LOL, both alarms off, but this is MCM5 so 3rd alarm is what you hearing, my speed is 35-40km/h (23-25mph). I usually ride slower but at times you just wanna push it (full face helmet, bike jacket, gloves and knee/ sheen pads) complete protection.

OK... so I guess you are either not that crazy, or I am almost as crazy as you are... LOL... I am always riding my 16S on the alarm at 21 mph and it is comfortable... I am riding the Tesla around 21-22 now mph and it feels solid, I have gone up to 26 for a very short burst, but that is a bit much for my comfort right now... I have had my 18S at 26 mph and that feels super quick and solid as well, not unsafe, just thoughts of a hospital visit and I slow down... :efefe00999: 

• Like 2

Just to highlight this ?

What do you think @Marty Backe I acturlly gave it a 0.3 Mart tail rating...I don't reach your standard but the again I am a newbie ?

44 minutes ago, Demargon said:

First Iron Wheel event in Spain, in this occasion all three riders an wheels are winners reaching the finishing lane at the same time (jump to 2º video for the action)

Looks like fun! So the 1st place trophy was chopped into 3 pieces? ? 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Looks like fun! So the 1st place trophy was chopped into 3 pieces? ? 

Six pieces exactly. The wheels also deserve a pice of the price for bring us to home ;)

Edited by Demargon
  • Like 1

This is the raw 360 footage from my morning commute yesterday. I've done this run every day to work and back for the past year, including in the dead of winter. (Actually, I sometimes take other routes, but not often.) Taken about 6am, the run is about 6.1 km in length and takes a bit over 11 minutes, which is about normal for that time of day. It gets a bit shaky in spots in the middle, I apologize for that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Incredible footage from a Gotway Tesla Rider using an Insta 360 camera.

To view the videos in 360, watch via youtube, then simply move your phone around or touch the screen to view everything including the surroundings.

Video Credit: ælghuggu 

Enjoy!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

I love how Toluca Lake has big yellow porta potties on the roadside. How convenient! ?

Lol! I have watched this like 5 times, and I didn't notice the toilets. Funny I'll have to re-watch, but I'm guessing I know where they might be. It's super fun to do laps through there without much car traffic.  Lmk when you're up for a ride, Onomatopoeianonamous! ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

Lol! I have watched this like 5 times, and I didn't notice the toilets. Funny I'll have to re-watch, but I'm guessing I know where they might be. It's super fun to do laps through there without much car traffic.  Lmk when you're up for a ride, Onomatopoeianonamous! ?

I get back into town on Friday, I am picking up a KS18L on Sunday and we should go out riding on Sunday early eve. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maltocs said:

Just got back from Miami. I expected T-storms 10 minutes here and there but it was more like monsoons half the day! Finally a break in the afternoon allowed me some MTen3 wheel time on the boardwalk, wood plank walk, pier, and on the SAND itself. The packed sand on the half of the beach further from the water was totally rideable. The parallel wood planks was more of a challenge. Considering ewheels is in the South Beach area, where was @Jason McNeil ?

Nice ride, and that sand looked perfect. None of the dry sand around where we live is hard enough to ride on.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Demargon said:

First Iron Wheel event in Spain, in this occasion all three riders an wheels are winners reaching the finishing lane at the same time (jump to 2º video for the action)

Wait a minute. Is that an Ay Monster t shirt you are wearing? Is that a band? Because I had a friend from Switzerland who had a band named I monster in the USA. Seems like Aye Monster is the Spanish equivalent.

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice ride, and that sand looked perfect. None of the dry sand around where we live is hard enough to ride on.

Yes it was very ridable sand. Not sure if this is typical. I can't explain why the sand is flat there. Every other beach i've ever been on is super sandy on the land side and flat where the waves hit it. My guess is when it poured a few hours before, that WHOLE area was flooded flattening the sand. The "perfect storm" so to speak. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Yes it was very ridable sand. Not sure if this is typical. I can't explain why the sand is flat there. Every other beach i've ever been on is super sandy on the land side and flat where the waves hit it. My guess is when it poured a few hours before, that WHOLE area was flooded flattening the sand. The "perfect storm" so to speak. 

The reason that Atlantic sand is easier to ride on than Pacific coast sand comes down to tectonics according to lifehacker.com

The West coast Plates are jutting up at the edge of the coast against the pacific plates. This prevents sediments from gathering in run off to form barrier islands. The East coast has a gentle and long slope to the next plate, and this allows the sediments to gather at the beach sand and further out forming more channel and barrier Islands. The East coast sand has more sediments between the sand grains keeping them in place. So it easier to ride on when moisture is introduced to fill the gaps even further.

I have even read an opinion that Atlantic Sand is finer and Pacific sand is larger, but there was no data just an opinion. 

I have a one wheeler friend who says he rides his on the beach all the time, so both of these explanations would support his claim.

• Like 3